“Great location and host”

Quito Airport Suites
Ranked #1 of 15 Tababela B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great location and host”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here since we flew in late to Quito and had an early morning flight to the Galapagos Islands and this hotel is five minutes from the airport instead of one to two hours if you stay in the city at a big name brand hotel.

I had made a reservation and the hotel emailed me and asked if I would like to be picked up for eight dollars from the airport. I agreed to this and when we arrived there was somebody standing in the hallway at the airport with a sign with my name on it. We quickly got to the hotel and was checked in within minutes of exiting the airport.

When we got back from the Galapagos Islands we stayed in the city of Quito for a few days and had a flight back to Miami at 1230am so we emailed the Quito suites hotel to see if we could get a room for just the day and they agreed to give us a room for twenty five dollars. The room was nicer this time on the second floor, view of maintains surrounding us. My wife and I walked to town, five or ten minute walk to a restaurant where we got dinner for 5 dollars total for both of us. Huge bowl of lentil soup with other vegetables and chicken in the soup, barbecue chicken, salad and fries. And a hotdog that was on the same plate as the fries. 5$ total.

Nice safe town, don't worry it is safe with a small police station within walking distance to the hotel.

The Manager is very friendly and speaks English, hot water in the showers. It is not the Ritz Carlton but being close to the airport and being Ecuador and the Manager being so nice, I will still give it a five star.

Do not make the mistake of staying in Quito for an early flight, it is way too far and the traffic is terrible.

Let the hotel arrange for you to get picked up at the airport because it is a little difficult to find if not familiar with the area.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Travelerdarren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Location is great, near the new airport. Saves 1hr of driving in traffic (if stayed downtown).

Staff is great, We had a dinner with them (burgers) and it was good too.

This is a simple hotel almost a bed and breakfast, but enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here on our trip to Cuenca and on our return trip to the States. Dom and staff were very curtious and arranged for prompt pickup and delivery to and from the airport. On our return trip we were lucky enough to be there for dinner.Dom prepared us chicken on the grill as well as hamburgers. Very close to airport and worth the price. You must howeverunderstand this is a hostel and there are people coming and going all hours of the night.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank edwardtindol
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very good option for transitioning through Quito. We arrived in Quito at 11:00pm and flew out at 6:00am. That this place is just around the corner from the new airport is a huge convenience. Rooms are very clean. They’re small, but sufficient. Staff was very helpful and provided us a lot considering the short amount of time we were there. Definitely recommendable for a short stay in Quito.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hansi74
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 4 November 2013

So, I've flown to Cuenca three times now. The first two involved landing at 11:00 PM in UIO, getting through immigration, getting through customs, getting a taxi, going to a hotel that once you were checked in meant 1:00 AM, getting the wake up call to be ready for the airport to fly to Cuenca the next day at 7:00 AM.

This time (as I am hoping my last time to have to fly from the US to Cuenca... I'm not going back this time) is different. Now that UIO is 20 km out from Quito, it would mean at least an hour drive in a taxi for 30 bucks, just to wake up and taxi back out at 6:00 in the morning.

Wow that was a long introduction to my review...

This time I landed at UIO at 11:00 PM, got through immigration, got through customs and dragged my two 70 lb suitcases out the door, where a nice lady was standing with my name on a placard. I was taken by private vehicle to my destination... Quito Airport Suites. Here it is, midnight, and the owner is right there to help with the suitcases. I was checked in within moments of getting there, had an ice cold Pilsener in my hand moments later, and was ready for bed. My suitcases are now in my room and I'm finishing off what I hoped to be at least one of many Pilseners to come in the next few years (forgot... this is my "moving to Ecuador" flight).

In my email exchanges with the owner during my booking, I had expressed my desire to "hang out" at the facility for a couple of days, before I would fly on to Cuenca. It worked out perfectly. The area is very tranquil (except for the couple of roosters that can't tell time and crow every 30 seconds, but that becomes simple background noise that after a couple of hours and you don't even hear them).

There was a festival going on when I was there in the town Centro. I had the most fantastic hornado that I've ever had. I'm guessing because the old woman making it was more motherly than she could help, even to a gringo.

I guess I should say something about the property... yes, it is a small facility, no, there are not any Disney attractions, however, there are fruit trees in the back yard (watch out when you stick your hand in the lime tree, darned thing has spikes), there is an attentive owner that wants to make your stay comfortable, there is a parque just 2 blocks away with benches, begging you to sit and relax.

I've already written to Domenick about future stays during my flights back to EEUU to finish my move to Ecuador. I would stay here any time/every time... especially if you need to tune your life down a bit. This is from a Type A person trying desperately to work my way to a Type B-- person :-)

This was a very long journey (as far as reviews go) to end up saying, "Stay here." "Wind down". "Enjoy the experience".

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Robert S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We chose to stay here because of an early morning flight, I'm sure there are better establishments out here closer to the airport though. This suited our budget and the website looked good. The place is clean and tidy, rooms comfy enough but be aware there is no heating and I imagine it to be chilly in winter. Hot water is unreliable, food mediocre, and the building is very noisy with other guests around. I think the owners try hard but some education on what travellers want would be good. All email contact was done with Dom who appears to speak good English, but he wasn't around during our stay and the other staff have very limited English, though seem to be very pleasant people. It is a very long trip into the city, if hustle n bustle are your thing, then stay in the city, but be prepared for a very early start if you have a morning flight.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Cazoe
domenick11, Manager at Quito Airport Suites, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Hello Cazoe,

Thanks for staying with us here at Quito Airport Suites, it was a pleasure having you. Theres no heating in the rooms because here we are signiicantly lower than greater Quito (2000 ft lower) and it is not needed, not one guest has asked for it in the 10 months we ve been opened. As for the food, to each his own but our chicken or lasagna are really exceptional, try one of those next time. In November of 2013 after you stayed we installed a new hot water system and did some needed soundproofing which we hope would improve your experience with us next time. Thanks and we hope you give us another chance to serve you, Dom
Providence
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We are here right now it is 1:30 in the morning and have not slept at all. We are catching a flight at 6am and thought this would be great since it is close to the airport. Thu do a great job marketing on their website. It is a small house with several rooms, not much going on here. The manager was very nice and doing the best he could with what he had. The dinner was good. That was about it. There are dogs barking all night, ambulances and police sirens, the noise of travelers coming and going, and people talking waiting outside for cabs. The walls are paper thin and it is very bright so it's nearly impossible to sleep. We also ran out of hot water.
Good luck, not worth the $50.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Gurgal87
Hey Sarah,

It was great meeting you and your couple the other night and chatting about Providence RI and the crossfit diet and workout system. Im very sorry your experience was not up to par. Actually your experience was my fault cause I was working the shift and large rowdy group entered the room next to you, I should have told them to be quiet sooner than I did, it wont happen again. The sirens are a rarity out here in the countryside so I think that was just bad luck and the dogs barking we have addressed as well. In November we installed a new hot water system which is much more reliable than the previous one. If you give us another chance we guarantee youll have a much better sleep, or your money back, take care, Dom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tababela
Wyndham Quito Airport
#2 of 15 in Tababela
Posada Mirolindo
Posada Mirolindo
#8 of 259 in Quito

Been to Quito Airport Suites? Share your experiences!