“For the money great value”

Cherrabah Homestead Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elbow Valley
“For the money great value”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just had a weekend at the resort , well driving in beautiful,arriving great,friendly reception. Rooms old but clean our fridge did not work let reception know and 15 min later it was fixed. The pool and spa had no water I could see repairs and Reno going on,bad luck it was on our weekend.the staff were fabulous and friendly had fun with them in the homestead.the food was awesome breaky,lunch and dinner honestly I could not fault it.I read the reviews before we went and was apprehensive ,but for the money it was real value,would I return?absolutely I know when the resort is restored it may be more expensive but I will pay...sue

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Manning008

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toowoomba
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We just had a wedding at Cherrabah the past weekend and absolutely loved our experience. The location was absolutely perfect for what we were looking for, the staff were friendly, helpful and catered to all our requests. Our weekend was relaxed and stress free which is exactly what we wanted! It was great to be able to have a weekend experience with all our closest family and friends at affordable prices. The accommodation is outdated but we knew when booking it wasn't rated as 5 star. We had 120 guests and we wouldn't of been able to afford a weekend wedding like this anywhere else. We had so many comments on how much the guests loved the location and rustic feel of the place. Huge thanks to all the staff at Cherrabah :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenna S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

There are a few positives like the view and the open spaces, however this place needs some serious TLC. The rooms are so dated and not welcoming or comfortable. If I wasn't here right now for a family wedding I would leave. The TV doesn't work, there is no shampoo etc in the bathrooms and the bed is as hard as rocks. The pool and hot spas don't have any water in them and you can't get a cup of tea to save your life. I know the place has new owners, so hopefully they refurbish the whole place.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Elbow Valley hotels

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have lived in warwick for the past 18 years.And never had the chance to spend a night at cherrabah.My husband suprised me and we had a night out there.On arrival I was meet by the new manager who made us feel very welcome.The room was clean and comfortable.The food was fresh and very tasty, I found the all the staff to be very friendly, We had heard it was under new management so well done and will definately will be returning and not leave it so long.Highly recommened

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Jumping online only after we had booked our trip to read some of these reviews really did make us second guess following through with the booking, none the less we went ahead and spent a weekend here. OK the rooms are not new, but sharing a room with my 4yo son - we had ample space, we had a working tv and we had a cute newly furbished bathroom.....I also have to admit that my room must have had the "best" pillows of the resort :) I was happy!
I did like the caution sign they provided about wildlife venturing into rooms - for a scaredy cat like myself - this was much appreciated and I kept that door SHUT as per their friendly caution sign.
The food is most certainly not frozen meals - we had some yummy buffet meals for dinner and brekkie. The staff were more than accomodating, and extremely friendly - all there to make sure we had a good time (I did enjoy singing karaoke - in particular a backstreet boy song with one lovely lady from behind the bar)...overall, its not a city escape, this is country - and for a non country girl like me - it was as far away from home and as far out of my comfort zone as I could have been, and yet I knew I was in capable hands. This is a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KerHay
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went there in early August 2013 for 2 days, had a great time. Staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble, especially Kristy who was really helpful and did a great job.

Enjoyed the night tractor ride out to the bonfire and marshmallows, and the horseriding on the saturday made it really memorable. The guys running the horserides were really patient with a beginner group and happy to show us the ropes. Plenty of stuff to do while there, ideal if you have kids, perfect for a family. We went out to balancing rock while we on the horsetrail, well worth checking out.

Food was great - we weren't sure what to expect out there but couldnt fault it.

All in all, it was a top weekend. Well done Cherrabah, would go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went recently and would have liked to spend more time there. It was a real kick back and relax time. Staff were excellent and the rooms were clean with plenty of extra blankets and pillows. Food was great. The ladies that took the horse riding tour were extremely helpful considering I haven't ridden before. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Buckaroo Motor Inn
Buckaroo Motor Inn
#7 of 13 in Warwick
Killarney View Cabins and Caravan Park

Been to Cherrabah Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!