“I would deffently go back”
Review of Cherrabah Resort

Cherrabah Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elbow Valley
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had my wedding there on the 28 th. I could not ask for more friendly and helpful staff than the ones at Cherabah. They made the place look beautiful, they help us out in so many ways and just made my wedding a day to remember. If there was any dramas it was sorted straight away, the food was yummy as, the rooms are real country style. All my guest commented on how much they loved the resort and enjoyed there time out there. Thank you to all the staff for making my wedding a day to remember.

1  Thank Blonds24
fran E, Manager at Cherrabah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Big thank you to both of you. Congratulations on your wedding ,we look forward to welcoming you back to Cherrabah Resort

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at this location as it was for a family wedding, there was supposed to be quite a few things happening on the friday night before the wedding on the saturday, however with the new management, plans had changed but it was still rather enjoyable. More needed to be done to inform guests of what was happening over the 2 days so people knew what was going on.

The good bits - bathroom had been updated, the sheets and towels were wonderfully fresh and soft, and the room was reasonably spacious. Breakfast was hot buffet and had good variety. The wedding event was lovely and the reception area decked out well, food was nice, but more was needed.

The bad bits - didnt have our booking properly when we first arrived, but it was sorted out quickly. times and locations for breakfast changed daily, and everything was word of mouth, not signed or announced at all, friday night activities felt rushed and most people werent interested when you couldnt even hear what was being said over the microphone. walking trail maps were not in any way to scale or signed properly a short mornings walk to the caves was a 7km round trip hike via the balancing rock meeting area. Hot water ran out on the very last morning there, before checking out, so it wasnt worth trying to get it fixed prior to leaving, we just informed reception that there wasnt any upon check out.

General comments - the place has such potential, the views are wonderful, the outdoor hot tubs either need refurbishing or removing, the pool was being filled the day after we all left so we couldnt make use of that, but it would have been good if we could have. once the new management have been there a while and are able to get into a routine I think it would be a great place to spend a weekend. But a bit far to travel unless you have an event to attend.

Room Tip: some rooms have better views than others, and better access to parking, make sure request parking ac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just had a weekend at the resort , well driving in beautiful,arriving great,friendly reception. Rooms old but clean our fridge did not work let reception know and 15 min later it was fixed. The pool and spa had no water I could see repairs and Reno going on,bad luck it was on our weekend.the staff were fabulous and friendly had fun with them in the homestead.the food was awesome breaky,lunch and dinner honestly I could not fault it.I read the reviews before we went and was apprehensive ,but for the money it was real value,would I return?absolutely I know when the resort is restored it may be more expensive but I will pay...sue

1  Thank Manning008
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We just had a wedding at Cherrabah the past weekend and absolutely loved our experience. The location was absolutely perfect for what we were looking for, the staff were friendly, helpful and catered to all our requests. Our weekend was relaxed and stress free which is exactly what we wanted! It was great to be able to have a weekend experience with all our closest family and friends at affordable prices. The accommodation is outdated but we knew when booking it wasn't rated as 5 star. We had 120 guests and we wouldn't of been able to afford a weekend wedding like this anywhere else. We had so many comments on how much the guests loved the location and rustic feel of the place. Huge thanks to all the staff at Cherrabah :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenna S
Reviewed 21 September 2013

There are a few positives like the view and the open spaces, however this place needs some serious TLC. The rooms are so dated and not welcoming or comfortable. If I wasn't here right now for a family wedding I would leave. The TV doesn't work, there is no shampoo etc in the bathrooms and the bed is as hard as rocks. The pool and hot spas don't have any water in them and you can't get a cup of tea to save your life. I know the place has new owners, so hopefully they refurbish the whole place.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have lived in warwick for the past 18 years.And never had the chance to spend a night at cherrabah.My husband suprised me and we had a night out there.On arrival I was meet by the new manager who made us feel very welcome.The room was clean and comfortable.The food was fresh and very tasty, I found the all the staff to be very friendly, We had heard it was under new management so well done and will definately will be returning and not leave it so long.Highly recommened

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Jumping online only after we had booked our trip to read some of these reviews really did make us second guess following through with the booking, none the less we went ahead and spent a weekend here. OK the rooms are not new, but sharing a room with my 4yo son - we had ample space, we had a working tv and we had a cute newly furbished bathroom.....I also have to admit that my room must have had the "best" pillows of the resort :) I was happy!
I did like the caution sign they provided about wildlife venturing into rooms - for a scaredy cat like myself - this was much appreciated and I kept that door SHUT as per their friendly caution sign.
The food is most certainly not frozen meals - we had some yummy buffet meals for dinner and brekkie. The staff were more than accomodating, and extremely friendly - all there to make sure we had a good time (I did enjoy singing karaoke - in particular a backstreet boy song with one lovely lady from behind the bar)...overall, its not a city escape, this is country - and for a non country girl like me - it was as far away from home and as far out of my comfort zone as I could have been, and yet I knew I was in capable hands. This is a home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
#13 of 13 in Warwick
53 on Victoria
53 on Victoria
#2 of 13 in Warwick

Been to Cherrabah Resort? Share your experiences!