“You must do this if you are in the area in the summer/fall”

Bryson's Airboat Tours
Sioux City, Iowa
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“You must do this if you are in the area in the summer/fall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our airboat tour was one of the highlights of my summer. We were in town for a festival and wanted to do something on Sunday before heading home.
We called, set up our tour, and met our driver in an area just on the outskirts of town. I am fairly sure we were with the owner. From the moment we started talking to him, I knew we were in for fun. I believe we paid for an hour.
He got us to the river where the boat was to be launched and talked to us about what to expect on our trip. Airboats are very loud, so you will need to wear earphones. They are provided. Before the trip, I wasn't sure what to expect and dressed as if I might get wet. That wasn't the case, at least where the actual airboat was concerned.
Our driver took us on what seemed to be a typical path, one probably taken on each trip. We saw eagles and other large birds along with beautiful trees along the water. It isn't possible to carry on a conversation while the boat is moving but our guide stopped wherever we wanted. He was gracious enough to take pictures of us on the boat while we were stopped at a sand bar and also posed with any of us who wanted a photo with him.
If you are into photography, bring your camera. It will be safe but I would bring a case. There are many things you will want to document - wildlife, scenery, etc.
During our trip, our guide pointed out different things to see and made sure we all saw the eagles. In many ways, it felt as if we were onboard with a friend, definitely not as if we were with a stranger.
When our trip was over, we all had that "giddy-just-had-the-time-of-our-lives" feeling. I did not want to leave.
We are going again in October as we suspect the river will be beautiful then with the changing leaves.
Check facebook for Bryson's Airboat Tours.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank IowaLakeGirl78
brysonstours, Owner at Bryson's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, 9 August 2016
Great testimonial. Thank you

Omaha, NE
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great to do in the Omaha area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

Who knew the Platte River could be this much fun? Our afternoon included a great captain, great tour, and beautiful Platte River. We had guests from out of town, and it made a memorable late Memorial Day event for everyone. I wish I had brought my long lens for the nest of eagles. Swimming skills are not necessary, and this is appropriate for all generations of a family.

We set up our tour by text message to the phone number on his website.

4 Thank TravelsAlot
We look forward to having you and your family another time on our airboat.
ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favorite attraction in Nebraska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2008

Bryson's Airboat Tours in Fremont, Nebraska is a must do weather you live in Nebraska or just traveling through.

As a large corporation it is hard to find different things to do in small towns. Well our search is over.

Bryson's Airboat Tours has our business.

3 Thank timssauna