We stay at this hotel once or twice a year, as we have family in Fremont and the choices are pretty limited on hotels. In the past, we have found this to be an excellent place - for a Holiday Inn Express. However, this time, it was a bit less than expected.
First, the good. The staff is always welcoming, warm and helpful. We were greeted as returning, priority customers with water and snacks. Plus, I love getting the Omaha World Herald newspaper, rather than USA Today in the morning. The work out room was clean and well stocked with towels all three mornings we were there. It doesn't have a lot of equipment, but good enough. Breakfast is about what you would expect for this level of hotel and food is always hot and staff helpful and friendly.
Now, the not so good. Our room was really sub-par this time. We had asked for a 4th floor and have always received our request. This time, we were on the third and it was extremely noisy with people above us (I believe) and in the hallways. I know this is not always something the hotel can control, but it seemed much louder than we have ever experienced before. Also, the hallways smelled - I think like smoke - even though it is a non-smoking floor. When we walked in the room, the A/C was cranked to full blast, high, with high fan. It seemed very humid in the room and when we took off our shoes to shower that night, I knew why. I think they had cleaned the carpet and were trying to dry it. We couldn't stand it so cold in the room, but that also meant the floor didn't dry in the four days we were there. If we hadn't already unpacked and had kids in the shower, I would have asked for a new room. It was very unpleasant.
Hopefully, our next visit will be better. I know we'll be back, as there isn't much else to chose from in Fremont. But, the hotel should not use rooms if they have cleaned the carpets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy some small town hospitality with the convenience of the big city nearby. Premier hotel is located on business hwy 30 about 25 minutes north from the main attractions in Omaha, NE. Our hotel features 95 guest rooms including family suites, whirlpool suites and deluxe pool side rooms. Enjoy luxurious bedding, voicemail, free local calls, Free wireless Internet, fitness center and guest laundry. Relax in our water center which features a heated zero depth entry pool with a small slide, lap pool and a hot tub. Fremont is the home of the Fremont dinner train, John C Fremont days, Midland College and Fremont s Splash Station water park. We are also close to many Omaha attractions such as the Qwest Center, Village Point Shopping Center, Rosenblatt Stadium and Henry Dorley Zoo. Coming to the area for business? We welcome all business travelers from everywhere! We offer a business center along with our Express Start breakfast bar every morning that includes many hot items. We also offer a complementary managers receptions Monday Thursday from 5:30-7:00 featuring beer, wine and snacks. Some of the featured businesses in Fremont are Hormel, Fontelnelle, Golden Harvest, Oilgear, Fremont Beef, Valmont, Smeal Firetrucks and RK Aerials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fremont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Fremont Hotel Fremont
- Holiday Inn Fremont
- Fremont Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Fremont Nebraska