“I thought it was OK .....”
Review of Penny’s Diner

Penny’s Diner
Ranked #42 of 60 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went there in the morning for breakfast after staying at Oak Tree Inn. Have read some of the previous negative comments so didnt really expect too much ..... but was surprised! There was only 2 people working there; the cook and the waitress but with such a small place might not need anymore help. The service was fast and the wait for the food wasnt too long and it was a good breakfast. Wasnt packed with people but seemed to always have 1-2 people coming and going all the time. Alot of railroad/construction workers eat there as they stay at the hotel and the waitress and cook seemed to know everyone by name! I thought it was good food and a nice change from the usual hotel breakfast.

1  Thank SueWI

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It has been three years since I at there. I have only been there one time. The service was not the fastest and the food was good. I think they have had three or four managers since I ate there. I am nit sure. H

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family and I went here for mothers day and it was horrible. There was one woman running the front and one cook. Service was very unprofessional. We waited an hour for our food and when we got it both cheeseburgers were still raw. Completely red. So the cook put them back on grill for us, when we got them the second time one was done, one was red in middle....still. Worse part of this experience was we got no discount for this horrible service. I will tell everyone I know to never try this place.

1  Thank Ashroo22
Reviewed 11 May 2014

how can you ruin breakfast...well half cook the bacon and don't let one drop of fat fall off before it hits the plate...geez we headed downtown to several good bakeries and finished up where the coffee left off...we did get a coupon for breakfast at penny's staying at the oak tree but really continental would have been much better.

3  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The food was mediocre at best. The server and cook spent most of their time discussing smoking and killing themselves by smoking. Our order came out in parts, with our child's food being last and very late. (We had finished 1/2 our meal, and only for fear it would be cold if we waited, ended up giving 1/2 our meal to our child since he had waited so long.) The restaurant smelled like sewage, which was easy to explain when you see the vents run barely above the AC units on top of the building. My credit card was charged twice, have spent a week trying to fix it. No one calls back and apparently the managers are on leave. We will not be back. Do not eat here, do not give this place your credit card.

2  Thank Jamie K