“The Best”

Howard Johnson Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gothenburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It's tough to find a clean, spacious room for less than $90, but that's what I found at the Gothenburg HoJo. The complimentary breakfast was carb-heavy but good w/ waffles, biscuits and gravy, muffins, etc. and the upstairs hallway smelled a little smoky, otherwise I'd give it a 5/5. Most important, the place was clean and fair-priced, and the staff was available and friendly.

Stayed July 2014
Macy F, Manager at Howard Johnson Gothenburg, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our HoJo! We are always looking for feedback from our guests and are especially glad you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again.
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We have never stayed at what would be classified as a "motel" but this Howard Johnson was nicer than some of the Hampton Inns and Marriott's we've stayed in in terms of cleanliness. It's nothing fancy, but welcoming. The staff was very polite and accommodating, the room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the continental breakfast was better than we expected. Keep in perspective that this is a roadside over night stay kinda place. Unless you're expecting 4-star, you won't be disappointed with your stay here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SupRMomSometimes
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about our hotel, The Howard Johnson in Gothenburg, NE. The staff and I would like to thank you so much for the kind words and honesty you have written. I hope you stay with us again soon!
Greenfield, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here on our way to Colorado. The staff was extremely friendly. The price was just right. Our room was clean. If you're looking for a nice place that doesn't cost a lot, this is just right. The Bar-N restaurant across the street is very convenient and good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
On behalf of the entire staff at Howard Johnson, we thank you for your generous words about our hotel. We are always pleased when our guests leave happy and rested. We hope and look forward to seeing you stop by to stay with us again.
OMAHA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had to make a one night stay in Gothenburg for business. This Howard Johnson used to be a Super 8 years ago. It's an older building and the age is showing. The furnishings in the room are worn and the desk chair was wobbly to the point that I was afraid I would break it. Breakfast was basic. Beds are ok, bathrooms are old and in need of an update.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Macy F, Manager at Howard Johnson Gothenburg, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are so pleased your one night stop was with us in Gothenburg at the Howard Johnson Hotel. We appreciate your feedback about our property and hope to see you again soon on your next travel through our area.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right off I-80 and my room faced the interstate but you wouldn't know it because it was so quiet. The woman at check in was so friendly and helpful with everything.

My room was huge. It was fairly clean. I did see one dead roach in the hallway toward the back entrance but it didn't bother me. I didn't see any bugs in the room.

The prices in the vending machine were really cheap, less than most places.

The hotel doesn't seem great from the outside but I'm glad I stayed here, it was worth it to only pay $45 for a more than decent room. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Macy F, Manager at Howard Johnson Gothenburg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are so grateful you took the time to review our hotel online. The staff is pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuously sweeping up the beetles and june bugs from the back entry, but we do appreciate your keen eye with how clean we keep our hotel. We hope you had a restful night sleep and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gothenburg
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was not a good stay. Breakfast was terrible! I ran out of tissues and instead of your stay getting me a new box they gave me the one at the front desk. There was a rollaway bed left in the hallway all weekend. Your rooms and the furniture all need a lot of work. The chairs were torn and stained. I know this is new ownership but maybe you should have done a lot of work one the place before letting someone stay in some of those rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Macy F, Manager at Howard Johnson Gothenburg, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to each room to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gothenburg
Comfort Suites Gothenburg
Comfort Suites Gothenburg
#1 of 3 in Gothenburg
Knights Inn Cozad Lexington Area
Rodeway Inn Cozad
Rodeway Inn Cozad
#1 of 2 in Cozad

Been to Howard Johnson Gothenburg? Share your experiences!