“A real dining gem in Grand Island”
Review of Vientiane Restaurant - CLOSED

Vientiane Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve dishes originating from the majority of countries in Southeast Asia to include primarily Laotian and Thai food.
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The ambiance is so-so (but the servers so pretty!) at Vientiane. We loved the red curry chicken and spring rolls, the sassy wings had great flavor, but would have been even better with some chile heat. The Pad Thai had nice flavor but we like the slightly wider noodles for holding sauce.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went here after reading the reviews on trip advisor! We were pleasantly surprised and will go again! Our waiter was helpful and friendly. It was our first experience with Thai food and needed help ordering. Thanks Alex

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stopped in after reading the other reviews. Had a great meal. Alex (nephew of the owner) was cooking. Helped with selection (which was very difficult given the choices) and was extremely nice. Food was cooked to order delivered to my table piping hot. I had shrimp spring rolls and a stir fry with beef, green beans and onions. Came with big plate of sticky rice. All of it was superb. Highly recommended. Does not serve alcohol.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just about every review I read of this place listed it as their #1 restaurant here in Grand Island. As others have stated, don't let the "look" of the place run you off. If you want ambiance, go somewhere else, if you want good Lao/Thai food at great prices, come here or use the carry out, which is what I did. I had the spring rolls and Pho Combo (Noodle soup) - small size, which was plenty of food. Price ranges from $3 for spring rolls to main dishes for $6-8 range. The incredients were fresh, I had to admit my biggest problem was I did not have a larger bowl to mix together all the ingredients they gave me. So I had to put in the incredients a little at a time on the container they gave me. But the soup was wonderful, no regrets in my selection there. I was a bit disappointed with the spring rolls, I order the pork, which had noodles, lettuce and I think a little cilantro. They were all fresh, but I thought tasteless. I probably should have ordered the shrimp version. But I had plenty of food for about $12. I will be making other visits here when I come back to Grand Island.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Ever since my daughter and I moved from Georgia, we had been looking for a great Thai restaurant. Well we found it at Vientiane!!!!! Fantastic food!!! Very courteous staff!! If I could eat there everyday I would. Everybody I have taken there has thoroughly enjoyed it. Great work!!! Keep it up!!!