“A Hidden Treasure”

Vientiane Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve dishes originating from the majority of countries in Southeast Asia to include primarily Laotian and Thai food.
Denver, Colorado
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Another restaurant that a visitor would never find if not for tripadvisor. A great meal, everything was very good.
I think you would not get a bad meal here. Watching the different dishes being served and the rich aroma's from these dishes as they passed by just added to the anticipation for our meal. We were not disappointed when we were served.
I did make a mistake and ordered a heat level a little higher than I should have, four out of five, but even then the duck soup was very, very good. I just ordered another glass of Thai iced tea to cool my mouth down.
I do not get to Grand Island very often, but I know where to go for my meal on any future trips.

• Visited July 2013

Grand Island, Nebraska
“A real dining gem in Grand Island”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The ambiance is so-so (but the servers so pretty!) at Vientiane. We loved the red curry chicken and spring rolls, the sassy wings had great flavor, but would have been even better with some chile heat. The Pad Thai had nice flavor but we like the slightly wider noodles for holding sauce.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't have been better”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went here after reading the reviews on trip advisor! We were pleasantly surprised and will go again! Our waiter was helpful and friendly. It was our first experience with Thai food and needed help ordering. Thanks Alex

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Outstanding Food and Staff”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stopped in after reading the other reviews. Had a great meal. Alex (nephew of the owner) was cooking. Helped with selection (which was very difficult given the choices) and was extremely nice. Food was cooked to order delivered to my table piping hot. I had shrimp spring rolls and a stir fry with beef, green beans and onions. Came with big plate of sticky rice. All of it was superb. Highly recommended. Does not serve alcohol.

• Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“I can see why others list this as their #1”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just about every review I read of this place listed it as their #1 restaurant here in Grand Island. As others have stated, don't let the "look" of the place run you off. If you want ambiance, go somewhere else, if you want good Lao/Thai food at great prices, come here or use the carry out, which is what I did. I had the spring rolls and Pho Combo (Noodle soup) - small size, which was plenty of food. Price ranges from $3 for spring rolls to main dishes for $6-8 range. The incredients were fresh, I had to admit my biggest problem was I did not have a larger bowl to mix together all the ingredients they gave me. So I had to put in the incredients a little at a time on the container they gave me. But the soup was wonderful, no regrets in my selection there. I was a bit disappointed with the spring rolls, I order the pork, which had noodles, lettuce and I think a little cilantro. They were all fresh, but I thought tasteless. I probably should have ordered the shrimp version. But I had plenty of food for about $12. I will be making other visits here when I come back to Grand Island.

• Visited April 2013