“Friendly staff”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Papillion, Nebraska
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

It's your typical holiday inn express, however the staff was very friendly. Even the lady at breakfast made sure to ask how we slept. Very impressed with the quality of this hotel. Would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
hiexpressgrandisland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We appreciate your comments! We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Parker, South Dakota
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable. Room was good sized. Pool and Hot Tub were great. The only thing negative, was I booked the room for 4 people, but only given 3 sets of towels. Called the front desk to ask for another set and was told if I didn't come get it, it may be "awhile" I said that was fine, we weren't in a hurry, just needed for the morning. Never did get the towels. Stayed 2 nights, thought maybe we'd be left with a 4th set for the second night, when the cleaning staff came. Did not happen. With 2 young kids, we shared towels and made it work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
hiexpressgrandisland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Jodi thank you very much for taking the time to review or hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay for the most part! I do apologize about not getting the extra set of towels to your room. We take these reviews very seriously and strive to make this the best place to stay while in the Grand Island area and I will work with our staff on this matter. Hope to see you again soon in the near future! Thanks Again!

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Quality & Service Concern.

I spend a great deal of time on the road, living in hotels. I normally stay at the Hilton brand of Hotel chains. This time I decided to give one of their competitors a chance to prove themselves.

I stayed at this particular Holiday Inn Express (HIE) because of its appearance on the outside. I got a king size bed for the night. I was totally exhausted from the bi coastal drive. On initial door open of the room; it was nice. I showered, then went to bed. The mattress was comfortable enough. I fell asleep on the left side of the mattress.

It was the middle of the night, when I rolled over to the right side of the mattress. This is when I was suddenly awakened by a strong feminine perfume smell on the right side of the mattress, pillow, and comforter! Oh, how gross it is to pick up on the scent of another, when you are guaranteed to have a clean room to rest your head in. My mind began to race over the thoughts of actually how unclean the rest of the room may be.

Upon check out, I brought up my dissatisfaction with my nights rest in that particular hotel rooms' cleanliness to the mornings front desk, customer service representative (CSR)(her first name begins with a C). She acted inappropriately, as though she could care less. I would have to say her attitude was huge turnoff and assistance with the decision to never stay at another HIE.

I was hoping that this customer service person at the front would somehow see the error of her way & credit my account for the reprehensible night. I checked my bank statement and no credit was made. So, I called back on the 21st of October, 2013 to speak with (Amy or Verna) the Hotel manager about the corrupted night stay. I got the same female CSR who was not very customer oriented, again. She would not transfer me to the manager.

Now, you have the reason for such a terrible rating of what was supposed to be a wonderful nights rest. I will never stay at another HIE. They are not the same as Hilton and will never, ever be similar to one, with their terrible customer service & CSR's. They act as though they could care less. I probably could have gotten better treatment at a Motel 6 than I experienced at this HIE of Grand Island, Nebraska.

It is funny, because when you go to the HIE website they ask questions about their hotels not performing to the quality you've come to expect from our family of brands, let us know and we will address your concerns.

I also attempted to contact the hotel management directly to share your comments or concerns. But, was thwarted by a CSR person.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Longfellow R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Longfellow R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We highly value opinions from guests like you as it assists us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the room condition particularly with the level of cleanliness. Further, we are truly sorry for the poor customer care our staff has provided you. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and actions will be made where possible.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Broken Bow
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times before and have never had a bad experience until our last stay. We booked our room with our reward points and were put in a hearing imparied room right off the elevator. When we asked to be moved, we were told that they could not accomodate us because they were booked. When we looked on there website they had several rooms available.

The manager of this hotel called us and the conversation was not a pleasant one. She was very rude and told us that on previous stays we have been ungraded and that we should not expect that all the time. Then made a point to tell us we used are reward points so we got the room we booked.

We earn those reward points by using there credit card and I feel we should be treated the same way as if we paid for the room. Not sure we will be staying at this hotel again unless they change the way they treat there reward members.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Neil K
hiexpressgrandisland, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. I regret your last stay with us was not as good as your previous stays. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I appreciate your comments and I hope we have to opportunity to make your next stay with us a memorable one.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

When I walked in I was greeted by friendly people with a nice hello. The Holiday Inn Express is a nice and peaceful place to stay. The rooms were nice and cozy. The beds were as comfortable as a hotel bed gets. I love the Holiday Inn Express. It is the best hotel in Grand Island to me. When I come to Grand Island I will always stayed at the Holiday Inn express!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Husker2844
hiexpressgrandisland, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel! Your kind words are really appreciated!

Farnhamville, Iowa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always try to stay here when in the area, The staff is always friendly and the 5:30 manager social is always a nice way to finish the day. Rooms are always clean and quiet. Check in is fast and they tend to remember you after you stay there a couple times. The breakfast is good with many hot and cold items to choose from, and they are changed out often so they are fresh.

Room Tip: I always stay in an executive King.