My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield in soon after it opened in 2010. It was a clean, comfortable but unremarkable stay.
Over the July 4th holiday this year (2014) we had the opportunity to return to Nebraska and stay at the Fairfield Inn once again.
The first night, my husband and I looked at each other and said the same thing at the same time "I don't remember this hotel being anything special before but this is fantastic!"
And it was. Our room was beyond clean. There was not a speck of dust or debris or lint or anything else in the room that was not purposefully placed there.
Our room with 2 Queen beds was huge! Enough room for a family of 4 to spread out and relax and not feel as if they were stack on top of one another.
We enjoyed the free breakfast each morning. It went far beyond the stale bagel/yogurt fare that many places offer. We had hot scrambled eggs every morning with bacon and fresh fruit. Real fresh fruit. Cut up and ready to eat.
The staff was polite and helpful and really bent over backwards to make sure our every need was met - even before we realized we needed it.
We were a little concerned about noises levels with it being a holiday weekend. We were in town for a very specific reason and that reason was not to have a riotous party until the wee hours of the morning. I thought the hotel handled this issue perfectly - again an example of how the staff was proactive in meeting our needs.
They had signs posted in the lobby stating the local fire code and how to pertained to setting off fireworks. And also, in the envelope we got our room keycards in, there was a small slip of paper regarding "quiet hours" at the hotel and explaining the penalty for breaking them - which was, you would be asked to leave.
Even with those measures, we were concerned when we realized there were several softball teams in the hotel as there was a tournament in town. One of those teams was on our floor. This did not fill our hearts with joy. We were sure the noise was going to be an issue. But after the designated "quiet hours" started, there was no noise. Not a peep from anyone and we slept great in our clean, quiet, comfortable and very BIG room.
Thanks Fairfield Inn - Grand Island! Can't wait to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott gives you confidence that your trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff is available to help 24 hours a day. Take advantage of our complimentary amenities at every Fairfield Inn and Suites, including breakfast, in-room high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi in the lobby. Enjoy comfortable and spacious guest rooms that allow you to work and relax. Relax and unwind with our plush mattresses and fluffy pillows. Or work off some steam in our pool and exercise room. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Fairfield Inn & Suites provides everything you need to make the most out of your stay. Great value and great service, all backed by a name you can believe in: Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Grand Island
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island Hotel Grand Island