“Disappointing Applebees”

Good for: Child-friendly
Lakewood, Colorado
“Disappointing Applebees”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I went there after doing some shopping in Grand Island. We are both fans of Applebees, after going there numerous time a month in Kearney, Nebraska. We, however, were truly disappointed by this one. The food was tasteless, it looked sloppy, and the restaurant itself (seats, tables, carpet) looked like it had needed to be replace 3-4 years ago. Both of the sides of our booth had tears in the seats. It also was not very kid friendly in the bathroom, as it was very small and crowded. Would probably not go again.

• Visited January 2014

Omaha, Nebraska
“Good scotch, good steak, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Had a nice scotch to compliment my Marsala steak; steak was done perfectly. Very good. Service was great; price was typical for a 7 ounce portion.

Sheridan, Wyoming
“A Very Good Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

There's not much I could tell you about eating at Applebees -- if you've been in one recently, you know the menu and how the food will taste. This restaurant was very predictable: the food and service was good -- no complaints. What made this one stand out was two events: my wife and I got there at the height of the dinner hour and seating was limited. We declined a "high table" and said we would wait for a booth. The hostess scurried around and in a minute or so found an available booth and a male waiter appeared almost immediately and took our order. Good service!

When we had finished eating, the restaurant manager (can I add that the manager was female without being considered sexist?) stopped by the booth, exchanged pleasantries, and when she was done visiting cleared our dishes. When was the last time you had that happen? It has always been my opinion that if managers circulated and talked to patrons, they would be surprised what their customers would share with them -- good and bad!.

• Visited May 2013
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Applebee's in Grand Island, NE is a great place to eat. The service is always good. The people that work there are always friendly. They have a super riblet dinner. Have never had
a bad meal.

• Visited March 2013
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

We have tryed a few times eating here thinking things would get better but the last time was the last straw. When we were seated it wasn't that busy and our server took our order right away. People seated well after us recieved thier food long before we did. The server was very appologetic and was doing everything she could to fix the delay to no avail. My food finnally arrived and we had to wait another 5 minuted for my wifes meal. When it did arive the baked potato was still hard, cold in the middle and un etable. The poor server felt so bad. She finnally got a manager to come to our table. Only thing said was we'll comp my wifes meal. No appology or act of any sincerety. Then the asst. manager arrived asking about our meal and i said it was bad, she thought i was kidding and laughed. The poor server looked horrified. I hope she found another place to work