“Whiskey Creek, Grand Island Nebraska”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #23 of 133 Restaurants in Grand Island
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full-size logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Leander, Texas
“Whiskey Creek, Grand Island Nebraska”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have family in Grand Island Nebraska and have visited the area many times. For several years, Whiskey Creek was almost always a place for a nice family dinner. I loved the peanuts on the table (throw the shells on the floor), family atmosphere - but not anymore.

Our server was unattentive; the order was incorrect (table of four pe). My wife can't eat dairy products - and we explicitly said "no cheese, no sour cream, no dairy products" - and her order came with dairy products (okay - an unattentive server). One of the meals was cool (as in 'less than hot'). The prices seemed high than they should be. The server did not return with drink refills.

So ... maybe it was mostly the poor service - maybe it was a bad day - the food was not spectacular - just average.

So ... with many other choices available in the area, Whiskey Creek is off of our 'must go to' list now.

• Visited March 2014

Woodstock, Georgia
“Status quo casual dining”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Friendly staff and good service. Nothing spectacular about the food. I had a combination plate of ribs and bacon wrapped shrimp. The shrimp were my favorite. The ribs were not as lean as I would have liked. Prices were reasonable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend as a place for lunch or dinner if you aren't looking for something special.

Visited May 2014
London, Canada
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I went there for a late lunch/early supper. My husband had the full rack of baby back ribs and I had the ribs and shrimp. The ribs were fall off the bone tender and delicious. Our servers, Denise and Abbey were both very attentive and made us feel welcome and well taken care of. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited May 2014
Clifton Park, New York
“Nice find while in town...”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have eaten at a lot of chains. Our hotelier recommended this one - so we thought we would give it a try. Came in late, but we were treated like we were there at dinner time. The wife and I both had the baby back ribs. Stunning!! Rich in flavor and melt in your mouth. The sweet potato fries were the best I've had - including all the other chains. Wife's salad was excellent. Our server, Melissa, told us not to hurry, but we were the last in the place. Cordial service, great food, reasonably priced. The manger came out to ask us how everything was. It might seem like a little bit of puffery, but he was sincere. I hope these people do well.

• Visited October 2013
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a pleasant and very friendly waitress. Our meal was great. Will most definatly return to Whiskey Creek in Grand Island.

• Visited July 2013