“Sufficient hotel”

Quality Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The price for this quality inn was a bit more than the others we stayed in but the location was good. Off/on the highway easily and quickly. Traveling with a dog so once again, good that this hotel/location allows pets. They have an onsite restaurant and lounge but we didn't eat there. Hotel was busy due to a trap shooting competition in town and the restaurant/lounge was busy so it must be decent. Given the location of the hotel, it is a bit of a haul (6-9 miles one way) to any other eating establishment so it makes sense to utilize the onsite property. I wasn't thrilled that there is a fee ($2.99/person) for a 'hot breakfast' when most other quality inns include breakfast for free. While we didn't partake in the breakfast, I did check it out and it looked well worth the nominal charge if one is interested. As for the (king bed) room: good bed, clean room. I would like to have had a window that opened, these did not and our AC unit was noisy and not great, even at full blast. This wasn't a deal-beaker though. Had it really bothered me, I would have requested a room change and I did not.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Again I had a short stay, but it was a good one. They accepted corporate lodging. It was clean. The bathrooms were nice size. Finally the beds and pillows were nice and comfortable. The hotel only had their bar area open, but they still served us a nice meal. I had a co-worker stay also in another room and he liked the place so much he came back at a later date and stayed another couple of days.

• Stayed: January 2014
Angie B, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. We have a lot of guests that use the corporate lodging card. I am glad you had a good meal, our Chef's get many compliments on their cooking. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This facility, although older, looks like it has been extensively remodeled. Very clean, comfortable bed, comfortable pillows, clean bathroom & towels & bed linens, available WiFi. I did not have breakfast here. Stayed here because I needed to stay at a property where one could make a large circle around the facility (as I was hauling a trailer, and don't like to "back up" if I don't have to!) Ample parking, and there is a drive that encircles the whole double-facility.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wilma608
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Older property but has been kept in pretty good shape. Rooms were clean and large. Has a nice pool and hot tub. Next to interstate but no traffic noise. Breakfast buffet is $2.99. Staff is friendly and helpful. Reasonably priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SouthCarolinaPaul
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The rooms were very nice and I enjoyed the buffet for supper and breakfast. I thought the breakfast one was especially a good deal at $2.99. The staff at the desk were nice and professional. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The room was an average but nice nonsmoking room. The room smelled crisp & nice. There were no issues with broken, frayed, il repaired items. Only regret was no mini-fridge. But in our opinion the breakfast was the nicest part. Very nice restaurant with a wonderful hot breakfast bar, scrambled eggs, omelets, biscuts& gravey, hot sausages, 2 or 3 different kinds of milk, mini muffins, waffles, fresh-fresh fruit, and several more items. If you went away hungry, your fault. Service throughout was very friendly & courteous. Would without a doubt stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve V
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My travelling companion and I had driven to Nebraska to see the spring Sandhill crane migration. Although Kearney is known as the town for the Sandhill cranes, this motel is in a great location if you are driving from the east to view the cranes. The motel is right off I-80, close to the back roads south of the Platte so you can see the cranes in the fields and at the public viewing spots, and the Rowe Audubon center is about halfway to Kearney. The motel staff was friendly and helpful. Our rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. We also received a coupon for a $2.99 breakfast and one for a little more money for dinner (which given our time constraints we were not able to use.) The breakfast buffet was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Angie B, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thankk your for responding about your stay on Trip advisor, We are so pleased you had a great stay and and a wonderful experience viewing the cranes. Our hotel is just minutes east of the Nature Center which is amazing with all things to see and do. You can plan a crane tour or just find out where to see the birds as that can change daily, and the amount of information is unlimited. Our Hotel offers special room rates for our guest who are coming to experience the crane season or take advantage of all nature offers right here close to Grand Island.
Thank you again for staying with us, I hope we see you again as a guest at our hotel.