“ABGA NATL SHOW STAY”

Super 8 Grand Island
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

As we arrived the 2 desk clerks on duty were standing outside smoking by the front door. We waited in the lobby for 5 min. before either of them decided to come help us. It took 20 mins. to check in because the phone was constantly ringing and they would stop helping us to answer the phone. We had 2 rooms, one for us and one for our 3 teens. When we made reservations we requested the rooms to be close so we could keep an eye on our teens. Our rooms were on different floors in different sections of the hotel. No where near each other. Our non-smoking room was filled with cigarette smoke and smelled as if someone just pooped in the bathroom. The desk clerks said the smell came from us and it didn't smell like smoke. They refused to refund our money claiming we had used the hotel room bathroom. Our teens took that room instead because I have an autoimmune disease that makes it impossible for me to be in a smoke filled room. Every time the airconditioner came on in that room it smelled as if someone was smoking. By the end of the night we had all 3 of kids sleeping on the floor in our hotel room. Also-we tried to take a swim in the hotel pool. It was so dirty and gross. As i walked down the pool steps my toe's became tangled with long thick black hairs that were floating in the pool. So Gross. Do not stay at this hotel! The desk clerk was very snarky the morning we checked out.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this Hotel! Non Smoking rooms filled with smoke. Disgusting and dirty! Desk Clerks...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelley520
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at this motel two years in a row. The rooms are clean, safe, and easy to park nearby. The continental breakfast was fine. Staff was helpful and courteous. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this motel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

1  Thank Walter S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's interesting that I logged in here to complain about doing business with the staff and I see others have had problems with them too.

They screwed up the charges and blamed it on me until I told them I had a receipt for the charges they said I didn't pay!

There are too many competent, amiable people in the world to waste time with the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ramada Grand Island
Ramada Grand Island
#6 of 22 in Grand Island
Boarders Inn & Suites with Full Circle Venue and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Grand Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Grand Island

Address: 2603 S Locust St, 3 Miles North of I-80 Exit 314, Grand Island, NE 68801-8227
Region: United States > Nebraska > Grand Island
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Price Range: £49 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Grand Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Super 8 Grand Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Grand Island Hotel Grand Island