“Under Construction”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Murray, Utah
“Under Construction”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

When we arrived at this property we discovered that it was under construction. As a result, there was no elevator available for second story access. I was traveling with my pregnant daughter, my seven year old granddaughter, and I have a bad back. Because of my daughters condition I was left with no other alternative than to carry the bags up the stairs myself. The staff was unapologetic about it and did not offer to help. A nice gentlemen staying at the hotel helped me carry up the bags as he saw me struggling with them. I feel we should have been made aware of the construction at the time of reservation and someone on staff should have been available to carry luggage up for those who needed it. Even a grocery store will help you with your groceries!!!
The breakfast gal was awesome! Everything was so clean and well stocked. We came down for breakfast close to the ending time and she was very friendly and not agitated at our late arrival at all.
The room was clean and well equipped.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you have alot of luggage or health concerns with lifting, until the const...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Iowa
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stopped in the middle of their remodel so the place was a cosmetic mess, but clean. It is about 10 miles from I80 which I forgot as I called in the reservation on the road with no map or Choice book. We got a second floor as no firsts were open and will also look forward to the new elevator if we stay again. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and nice. We did not try the breakfast as their was a kids baseball team staying there and eating the next morning and the room was small for a big crowd. I bet when the redo is done it will be a great stop. We used our points so can not comment on the room rate.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry1031
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I love this Comfort Inn! We are always staying here when visiting Grand Island. The people are friendly, rooms clean, pillows wonderfull, and a breakfast that you can't beat. Always ask for first floor so can't wait for them to get the elevator in.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mesa, Az
Reviewed 20 May 2013

From the time you walk in and get a smile and all is well at Comfort Inn. the breakfast was the best ever. Two ladies smiling were right there to fill and pick up after a spill. Food was fresh and hot and I would recommend this place above many other Comfort Inns. Our room had a soft and firm pillows. Just right for two old folks traveling.

Room Tip: If you get a smile from gal behind the desk sings are the rest will be good too
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This Comfort Inn suited my needs fine for an overnight stay. The room seemed a little worn, but was clean and comfortable. It had a nice flat screen tv and a Keurig coffee maker. They were in the process of installing an elevator, which will be a nice addition so travelers will not have to carry luggage up a flight of stairs when staying on the second floor. The thing that struck me odd is that none of the staff were overly friendly, they just did their jobs and offered nothing more. All in all, it was an average place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grandmapat57106
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

A nice Comfort Inn as we passed through Grand Island. Nothing special. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with some hot items. The hotel is showing to be a bit dated.
If you are just need a simple place to stay while in Grand Island this is the place. Are nicer places but you pay more too !

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nebraska
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I always stay at the Comfort Inn when I'm in Grand Island. This hotel continues to update every time I stop by. The bedding is new, & I believe they've enlarged the breakfast area since I was here last, and they now have Keurig coffee makers in the rooms. (I haven't seen that in high dollar hotels).
The hotel is very clean & the breakfast area has a good variety from scrambled eggs & sausage, to freshly made waffles, to yogurt & fruit. (Something for every diet).
This place continues to impress me, and its very reasonably priced!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business