“Husker football”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Husker football”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Great place to stay after game. Breakfast ran out of foodies only draw back. Easy accessability. I would stay here again after or before a game, as it is a lot more reasonable than the hotels in Lincoln.

• Stayed September 2012
hotelmngmt, hotelmngmt at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Ativan1

We are glad that you chose our hotel for your stay. I'm sad to hear that there was a problem at breakfast. We will take care of that issue immediately. Please call me when you return to town and we will see that you get a suite upgrade. Go Huskers and we will see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Odessa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

As my job requires me to travel quite often, you remeber the hotels that treat you like a welcomed visitor. The Holiday Inn Express in Gretna, NE is one of my favorites. You could not ask for friendlier staff. When I walked in Stephanie, the young lady who checked my in, called me by name. It was a very welcomed greeting. I have only stayed at this hotel twice before, the fact that Stephanie remembered me meant a lot to me. I have never experienced any problems with this Holiday Inn although I have less than pleasent stays in other Holiday Inns. The pool is always well taken care and my room is always extremely clean and ready for me to get to work. The only suggestion that I would have for all Holiday Inns is change your menu. Where you stay with Holidqy Inn the breakfast will be the same. Pretty small complaint for the service I receive.

Thanks Stephanie

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel face a parking lot for Walmart but since it is in the rear of Wal...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hi Larry,

I agree, Stephanie is fantastic. We appreciate your comments about the pool. We take great pride in our facilities and thank you so very much for your comments. We will see you soon!!
Derby, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My family and I stayed there this weekend. It's a really nice facility, but the pool area is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The tile on the floor all around the pool was EXTREMELY slippery. My 6 year old slipped on the floor while walking. Luckily, he was wearing his life jacket that we brought from home and that absorbed most of the fall. The next night, I fell as soon as I got out of the pool and landed on my side. My left hip, left shoulder, and pride (thanks to witnesses and surveillance coverage) are still a little sore a day later. My husband inquired at the front desk and apparently this is a FREQUENT complaint. Either the wrong tile was used or there isn't proper ventilation in the pool area...IDK I'm not the expert, but something is WRONG! I'm not sure what type of injury has to occur in order for the hotel to correct the problem, but it needs to be done SOON!!!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear E Jones
I'm very sorry to here about what happened in our pool area. I just want to let you know that we have already been in the process of having a new product put down on our pool decking and it should be arriving very soon. Again, I certainly want to apologize again and let you know that the safety of our guests is very important to us.
Murray, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stopped in at this hotel on our drive across the country, primarily because they allowed pets. We had several pets that needed rest for the day and this hotel didn't disappoint.

The hotel was clean and check in was painless. We paid close to $110 for the night, plus $25 per pet -- so housing our multiple pets wasn't cheap. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had ample space and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner worked and overall we had no major complaints about the room.

The breakfast in the morning was actually pretty decent -- although it appeared the pancake machine wasn't working. But there were donuts, eggs, coffee and juice -- plenty to make a meal out of. They were pretty good about refilling items when they were getting low as well.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. Although pricey, it is clean, quiet and comfortable.

Oklahoma City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

All I have to say is that we stayed for a few days and the first day my cousin, and son both fell and hit their head on the slick pool surface because of the tile they put in the area. Then my mother in law fell on the wet tile in the pool area the next day. I asked to submit a report/incident report and the manager just gave me the excuse that the pool guy said it was fine. She did not take an incident report but gave me a piece of paper and pen.
What ever you do try not to stay in ROOM 122 on the first floor. You hear ALL of the Lobby noise, and worse of all you hear the "bing" of the elevator door opening, and the sound of the elevator going up and down all night long! TERRIBLE ROOM! If you can avoid staying there I would stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 122 or on the first floor. You will hear everyting!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you Alan for taking the time to speak with me about your concerns via phone,as mentioned I did not know of your other relatives that fell. You asked for a pen and paper to write a letter to our corporate office, but even though I did not receive it, your information was communicated to our corporate office that afternoon. And also the elevator company came out and that loud "ding" of the elevator is now a very quiet "ding". Again, thank you for your communication with these issues and I want you to know that the safety of our guests is very important to all of us.
New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on a drive from NYC to Colorado. We chose it because it is a little west of Omaha to give us a head start on our drive the next morning. The hotel felt like it was brand new. The rooms were clean and it was perfect for our purposes. We had dinner in Omaha that evening and its location right off of I-80 made for easy travels. BTW, if you are using a Tom Tom to get there, make sure you have updated the software. Mine couldn't find it because the hotel is that new.

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Nice hotel within short drive of Walmart, franchise food, and several gas stations. Plenty of parking. Well lit. Quiet room especially on Walmart side of facility. Shoshona was cute young lady checking in guests. Friendly but not flirty. Fast, efficient but not stiff. Every hotel staff member asked if I needed help or offered a smile and greeting. I got the distinct impression that management must be well respected and has a keen sense for hiring hospitality crews. Not the best value for $133 but it seems to be in line with the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you Indiana b for your very nice comments. We have some new staff members working at the front desk, and it is always difficult in the beginning, but I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of. Omaha had some special events going on in town, which caused our rate to go up a little. If you are ever in Omaha again, please ask for me and and I will make sure that you receive a special discount. Thanks again, Indiana b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Courtyard Omaha La Vista
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#53 of 81 in Omaha

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!