“It's Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
mn
“It's Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Not a bad location for western burbs of Omaha. I have stayed in better Holiday Inn and Suites. I got a deal online to stay so that made it great. Does not come with microwave and fridge as stated on their site and site I visited. I coaxed staff to give me a room with and they brought me a portable fridge/microwave set-up which worked. Much construction in area but cleared up better by weekend. I stay in the area often and will keep on my list of lodging for the area. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear All American7777
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We wanted to let you know that we continue to purchase new micro fridges every month so that all of our rooms will have them. Please definitely keep us on your list of hotels and the next time you are in town just let us know at the time of your reservation and we will make sure you have one. We look forward to your next visit to Omaha.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Flushing, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Unfortunatelty the room I was in smelled terribly of floral cleaning products. Recent research has shown that 30% of the population is allergic to these scented products and unfortunately I am one of those. As I get headaches from breathing these scents in. The air of a room should be clean and NOT smell clean. Air if its clean shouldn't smell at all. If they would stop using these products it would be a great property as its relatively new, great beds, clean, modern, easy access from I-80, nice breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelUS1997
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for telling us of your concerns. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible and we are addressing this with our housekeeping staff. If you do not mind, please call me when you are making reservations for a future stay to discuss this issue.
Pella
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

We booked 2 of the last 8 rooms available for last weekend. In spite of the full house, the hotel and rooms were clean. They even had ample parking to support the hotel when full which we appreciated. Only downside was there wasn't much variety for breakfast and what was "just Ok". Their pancake maker was broke both days which caused frustration for both the staff and guests. They'd fix it and someone would try to make pancakes only to have it not work.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Denise,

My apologies for the pancake machine having so many problems during your stay. The manufacturer had a defect in the belts used for the machine and that situation has been corrected. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the other choices for breakfast, we rotate our meat products, bacon, sausage links, and sausage patties and eggs, scrambled and omelets. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to discuss any of these issues with you. Thank you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Great place to stay after game. Breakfast ran out of foodies only draw back. Easy accessability. I would stay here again after or before a game, as it is a lot more reasonable than the hotels in Lincoln.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hotelmngmt, hotelmngmt at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Ativan1

We are glad that you chose our hotel for your stay. I'm sad to hear that there was a problem at breakfast. We will take care of that issue immediately. Please call me when you return to town and we will see that you get a suite upgrade. Go Huskers and we will see you soon.
Odessa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

As my job requires me to travel quite often, you remeber the hotels that treat you like a welcomed visitor. The Holiday Inn Express in Gretna, NE is one of my favorites. You could not ask for friendlier staff. When I walked in Stephanie, the young lady who checked my in, called me by name. It was a very welcomed greeting. I have only stayed at this hotel twice before, the fact that Stephanie remembered me meant a lot to me. I have never experienced any problems with this Holiday Inn although I have less than pleasent stays in other Holiday Inns. The pool is always well taken care and my room is always extremely clean and ready for me to get to work. The only suggestion that I would have for all Holiday Inns is change your menu. Where you stay with Holidqy Inn the breakfast will be the same. Pretty small complaint for the service I receive.

Thanks Stephanie

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel face a parking lot for Walmart but since it is in the rear of Wal...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hi Larry,

I agree, Stephanie is fantastic. We appreciate your comments about the pool. We take great pride in our facilities and thank you so very much for your comments. We will see you soon!!
Derby, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My family and I stayed there this weekend. It's a really nice facility, but the pool area is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The tile on the floor all around the pool was EXTREMELY slippery. My 6 year old slipped on the floor while walking. Luckily, he was wearing his life jacket that we brought from home and that absorbed most of the fall. The next night, I fell as soon as I got out of the pool and landed on my side. My left hip, left shoulder, and pride (thanks to witnesses and surveillance coverage) are still a little sore a day later. My husband inquired at the front desk and apparently this is a FREQUENT complaint. Either the wrong tile was used or there isn't proper ventilation in the pool area...IDK I'm not the expert, but something is WRONG! I'm not sure what type of injury has to occur in order for the hotel to correct the problem, but it needs to be done SOON!!!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear E Jones
I'm very sorry to here about what happened in our pool area. I just want to let you know that we have already been in the process of having a new product put down on our pool decking and it should be arriving very soon. Again, I certainly want to apologize again and let you know that the safety of our guests is very important to us.
Murray, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stopped in at this hotel on our drive across the country, primarily because they allowed pets. We had several pets that needed rest for the day and this hotel didn't disappoint.

The hotel was clean and check in was painless. We paid close to $110 for the night, plus $25 per pet -- so housing our multiple pets wasn't cheap. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had ample space and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner worked and overall we had no major complaints about the room.

The breakfast in the morning was actually pretty decent -- although it appeared the pancake machine wasn't working. But there were donuts, eggs, coffee and juice -- plenty to make a meal out of. They were pretty good about refilling items when they were getting low as well.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. Although pricey, it is clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge West
Econo Lodge West
#69 of 81 in Omaha

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!