“Stay With Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Wayne, Nebraska
“Stay With Holiday”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As I travel many miles and my stays away from home are many, I appreciate a great hotel and good staff. This was a good place for me to stay!!! The cookies were fresh, the food was displayed and cold items were cold and the hot items were hot. The gentleman who checked me in was very courteous and helpful. It was stormy weather during my stay and they had their emergency procedures prepared.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Donna,
Thank you for the AWESOME feedback. It is very important that all of those items be just right. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you, and see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NJ
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a cross-country road trip. The check-in guy was very friendly and the hotel was nice and looked pretty new.

My room was clean and quiet. The only problem I had is that there is really no places around to eat other than am Arby's next door. There's a huge Walmart with a food section on the other side of the hotel, but unfortunately the was no refrigerator or microwave in the room.

I did sleep really well here though and I would stay here again. Didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest

I can only apologize that there were not alot of restaurant choices nearby. On your next visit ask an associate at the desk about the outdoor mall that is about 6 miles east on the same road as the property. They have several very good restaurant choices. We should have all of our rooms equipped with refrigerators and microwaves, by your next visit. I'm sorry we were not able to have one for you on your last visit. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, we really appreciate the feedback.
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stay here once a month and the service is always very good. This is a newer hotel with big rooms and a nice breakfast room. Simple accommodations and an easy to find location make the Holiday Inn Express in Gretna a home away from home.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
hotelmngmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
It is a great compliment that we are your home away from home. We work very hard to make sure guests that stay here feel that way. Thank you so much for all the very nice comments. See you next month. :)
Missouri
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a new, modern and up to date hotel. My room was spacious and clean, good choice of cable tv stations and the internet worked well. The shower had average water pressure but a lot of hot water. The staff was friendly during my stay. The breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast and it was hot.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you B L from Missouri for your comments. We recently increased the speed of our internet and now have over 108 channels of standard cable and 74 channels of HDTV, plus 9 channels of HBO. We will be adding more breakfast choices very soon, to add more low carb choices. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your thoughts.
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel front desk attendant was very friendly! Rooms were very clean and spacious. Attendant upgraded our room as we are IHG rewards members. We arrived late evening to stop because of terrible cold/windy weather on I-80. Hotel was right off the interstate. Nice hot breakfast, our family thought the automatic pancake machine was pretty impressive!

Stayed January 2014
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for you kind words. It certainly has been cold everywhere. We also love the pancake machine too. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate it.
Ada, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I could not find anything wrong with this hotel! We had a wonderful stay here! It is right off the highway but we did not hear any highway noise! It was clean and new (just 3 years old), breakfast buffet was kept well stocked, and the staff was extremely friendly. The beds were very comfortable. We had a queen suite and enjoyed having a "seating area" to lounge in. We will stay here again on our next visit to the Omaha area.This was a perfect location to visit friends scattered around the area but away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to head into town if you wanted to.

Room Tip: Sadly, the closest places to eat were an Arby's and a Subway (in the Wal-Mart). That was the do...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy D
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you Sandy, It was very nice of you to post those kind words. We have some great team members here, and I will certainly let them know of your comments. Thank you again and see you next time.
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I recently took a month long driving trip to the West Coast. We are members of the Holiday Inn Priority Club so we used Holiday Inn Express and other member hotels very often on this trip. We found making reservations with Holiday Inn to be so easy online. We appreciate the cleanliness, staff willingness to help, and very good complimentary breakfast. We also found reservations easy to be changed when we decided to change driving course or stay an extra day in a specific area. Ours rooms on this trip were always large, due to complimentary upgrades, and we were comfortable after a long day of touring and driving. We also appreciate the points we earned by using this hotel chain for our next adventure!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators and ice machines are generally quieter. And, the highest floor usuall...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelmngmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you Linda M for summing everything we love about Holiday Inn Express. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Red Carpet Inn
#56 of 82 in Omaha
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
New Victorian Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80? Share your experiences!