“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 2 Warmingham B&B and Inns
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My sister and I and dog Ollie stayed over on a Sunday on our way to Scotland from South Wales. We had never stayed anywhere with Ollie before and was so impressed with the high standard of The Bear's Paw. The lounge area, accommodation, food and service, they were most accommodating, as long as dogs are no trouble with other dogs that may be staying they are welcome throughout. We were even upgraded without hesitation when our radiator would not turn off. When I am in the area again I will go out of my way to stay at The Bear's Paw.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Absolutely fabulous place, have stayed here 3 times now and cannot fault the staff, service or the food, Firstly Rooms are immaculate even by my standards, 2nd the Staff are first rate and are available for any little considerations you may have or want, and 3rd THE FOOD, my lord it is exceptional, highly recommended, only disadvantage if it is a disadvantage, is its tucked away in a little village, however that may not be a disadvantage for most, certainly not for me, Peace and Quiet Haven, or "Heaven"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gateshead
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our second stay here and we will definitely stay again!arrived on a wet and windy Saturday afternoon about 1.30 and had a fab lunch by the open fire while waiting for our room,which the staff got ready for us early, as the weather was so miserable we just chilled out in the gorgeous room til we went down for our evening meal.A great choice of food and drink and very attentive staff all evening.Awoke on a lovely sunny Sunday morning which was my birthday and even had a bucks fizz breakfast!We cant fault the Bears Paw on anything and can't wait to return again!!ten out of ten :)

• Stayed February 2014
Wiltshire
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This may seem like a slightly odd review but it shows the quality of their service; I didn't actually get to stay having booked in December. They had tried to contact me as there was a problem with the room rendering it out of service, but I'd been travelling all day and didn't get the message. On arrival late evening, I was tired but received a concerned welcome with the explanation about the room. They had already booked me into Crewe Hall meeting the extra cost and also begged me to stay for dinner at their expense. Due to my tiredness I declined and drove straight there. On paying the bill in the morning, The Paw had contacted them to knock further money off as I hadn't eaten with them the night before. Incredible service and impeccable manners show these hoteliers in their true light and reflects their experience in and commitment to the service industry. I have stayed here a number of times before and will do again - room allowing! 5 stars.

Room Tip: Pay extra to have one of the big rooms - luxury!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WiltshirePhilippa
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Cannot fault the food at thiis establishment and our waitress .... I think her name was Charlotte was lovely BUT ..... After spending £200 + on a meal for four we were very disappointed to be asked to vacate the table after only an hour and a half as it was booked out again even though there were other tables either side of ours still vacant also when we went to the bar after the rude blonde waitress 'evicted' us we noticed another party that had come in at the same time as us were still at there table and stayed there for a further 45 mins until we left wasn't happy at all ! It needs sorting

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberley R
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Yet another great Sunday lunch with our family. Both service and food as good as ever. It was a relief to get away from the floods around Gloucestershire for a while! Our dog, Daisy, always loves the fuss she gets here, as well as the bowl of water. Many thanks yet again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed for two nights over valentines weekend. First impressions count and we were not disappointed. The staff are brilliant and really welcome you,nothing is too much trouble. The room was lovely and food just divine. Spoilt for choice on the two menus, the normal one which changes on a daily basis and a special one for valentines. We recommend both the belly pork and the belly lamb!!! And for breakfast, the poach smoked haddock with poached egg was perfect. Having stayed at one of their sister hotels The Pheasant Inn in Tattenhall which was equally as nice, we are keen to try out the others. If they are are nice as these two then we will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warmingham
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Congleton

Been to The Bear's Paw? Share your experiences!