“great stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ospringe
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
“great stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a three night stay where we received an excellent welcome and all staff we're very attentive throughout our stay. There was a wedding party at the hotel but the staff still found time to look after us. The breakfast was excellent and the restaurant meals were tasty and good value. There was plenty of parking on site . The wifi was limited to the lounge and patio area.

Room Tip: I would imagine all 1st floor rooms would have good views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Harrietsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely clean, characterful room, lovely friendly staff. We could also see that lots of improvements were still happening at the hotel making it even better. Pleasant bar and restuarant area, breakfast second to none . Well done!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert V
Herne Bay
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have just been married at the Judds Folly Hotel (26th July 2014). What a fantastic hotel this is.Beautiful views over the countryside gave a lovely backdrop for our pictures, as did the numerous trees in the grounds. Jason and his staff went out of their way to make our day perfect. The food was beautiful and the service was second to none. Many of our guests stayed over for breakfast and all who did vowed to return. We had such an amazing day and everything ran so smoothly we could not have asked for anything else. Thank you so much to everyone involved and we will see you again soon. Love from the new Mr and Mrs Till xx

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank the-angel-online
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I booked this Hotel for both myself and Manager as it was ideally positioned for our visit to Dover and onward journey the next day. The countryside is on your doorstep and being set back from the road made it very pleasant and quiet whilst sat outside on the patio area. The price including breakfast was a bargain, the room was clean and spacious, the food (lunch and breakfast) was very nice and all the staff we met we very friendly. Another great Hotel to add to the list and will certainly be staying again when next in the area. Thank you to the staff for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: There are 4 new rooms added down stairs, 3 of which have a small outside seating area. My room was i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel for several members of my family and friends as it was close to Faversham where my daughter was getting married. Some of our party stayed two nights and some just the night of the wedding. Our reception was good, we were shown to our room and were given all the information that we needed. Even though my relatives arrived before checking in time on the Saturday they were given their rooms as they had been serviced and were ready. The staff couldn't have been more helpful; we were given glasses to have a celebratory drink before departing for the wedding, my husband was helped with his cravat and my corsage was pinned for me. Staff also turned my daughter's chaotic room into a beautiful tidy one and had sprinkled the rose petals I had given them on the bed and on the floor, magical!! The breakfast was superb and I would definitely try their evening meal if I stayed again. All in all a great place to stay, beautiful surroundings, very quiet and fantastic staff; what more could you want. Just want to add, even though Judds Folly had a wedding taking place at the hotel that day they helped us in every way they were able to with our preparations.

Room Tip: I would book at least a superior room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Carlton in Lindrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Our receptionist was friendly and efficient. The room faced the car park and was near the hotel entrance but there was no excess noise and we weren't disturbed by the large birthday party on our second night. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is on the outskirts of Faversham.

We ate in the restaurant on both nights. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was excellent. Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of cooked food from the menu.

I'd recommend a trip to Whitstable if you fancy an interesting seaside town.

We'd certainly stay here again. It would be a good stop-off point on the journey to or from the Channel tunnel.

Room Tip: Rooms near reception have access to WiFi.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had one night at the Judd Folly hotel and on arrival we was greeted and checked in and shown to our room by a lovely young lady.
The location is wonderful and we had a walk around the countryside exploring the local town. Sheppard name beer is out of the world my husband commented!
Food was wonderful and a huge selection of drinks was available at Judds folly
The only grumble came later in the evening when we decided to dine in the Winter room restaurant, we was seated and asked for drinks by a young lady who overall looked after us well.
We didn't not appreciate hearing the same ladies talking next to the restaurant about their love life's and unfortunately we did hear the occasional swear word not very nice as we was trying to enjoy a lovely mean!
The restaurant was quite busy and there was also a birthday party or function in the room, but again over heard the two Waitresses comment "come on soon as these lot have gone we can set up and go home"
Just nick picking I know but it leaves a stain in your memory of a lovely trip with my husband.

Next morning the breakfast was HUGE!! great value for money here we did not eat again until we reached home later that evening!

Will return again to judds folly hotel later in the year but maybe we will eat in the great local town of Faversham!

Room Tip: All Good as far as we can see!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason W, Owner at Judd's Folly Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to see that overall with your stay at the hotel. I have tried to make contact with you regarding when you stayed at the hotel so as I can investigate your comments on the staff on the evening but I have had no response. It is very unusual to get negative comments on staff as this is something we pride ourselves on at the hotel. However if they caused any offence I sincerely apologise for this. Staff have been made aware of your comments and training has taken place again. Jason wolverson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ospringe
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 10 in Folkestone
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Judd's Folly Hotel? Share your experiences!