“Quaint, Quiet, and Comfortable”
Review of The Barrel Bar

The Barrel Bar
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Not everyone's favorite place as the menu is a bit limited, but they do it well, they have great service and it is just nice there.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Still there! I turned 21 in 1968 and my first Legal drink was at 12:00 midnight Sept 13th. You got a free Frosty ( locals know what that is!), on your Birthday. I then returned at 6:00 pm for Another free Frosty! Their burgers were the best of anywhere I had eaten and their pitchers of beer were as cold as a Nebraska winter. Great memories and very happy to see it still is there serving the citizens and Hastings college students. When I am in Hastings I always stop to eat and remember the best 4 years of my life!

1  Thank wcb3184
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is a Hastings staple and before I had ever been there, at least 3 people recommended it to me. We had the burger and it was excellent. I love the decor, its like you just stepped back in time. Will definately be back.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I agree with one review that they should step up their game if they want to compete but this place is a step back, lettuce salad and chili. Basic food, I had never seen just a steak, no garnish, no potato, just steak but the steak was excellent!

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Hi this is one really nice place to eat if you like a great hamberger char burger or steak you will not be disapointed the staff is friendly and the price is good so stop by been eating there for 30 years