“Nice motel..”

Hastings Express Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was my third time I was in Hastings,NE for some business purpose..I chose to stay at this motel as I couldn't make prior reservation to the motel I stayed before and the motel was full as i reached there..This one motel was very affordable. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The room I stayed was clean and comfy..I would stay again at this motel if I come back to Hastings..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mike67042, General Manager at Hastings Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thanks for the feedback and time. We look forward to your business again and have great day!!!

There are newer reviews for Hastings Express Inn

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Not a lot to say about this place, it is your standard motel. I had no problems there and I would stay there again. The young couple running the place were very nice and the rooms were in pretty good shape. There is a gas station next door with a coffee shop and the coffee is the best. There are also some sports bars within walking distance, I never went in any of them but the looked typical from the outside. It's a good location but I think you will find it to be a working persons motel and not what I call a vacation motel.

Room Tip: The motel is being remodeled so I think they are going to be the same.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Troy D
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Although I was unable to stay due to a medical emergency. I was charged a cancellation fee but the manager Mike B was very understanding and waived the cancellation fee. I'm in Nebraska yearly for the Farm Progress Show and I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time i'm in Nebraska.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NaGena H
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've stayed here before when it was the X and L and it used to be a decent motel. I stopped staying there about 4 years ago because it had gotten so run down and wasn't very clean anymore. I was having a hard time finding a room and saw their website that said they had new management and that the motel had been renovated so I decided to give it a try. By the look of the discarded furniture in the parking lot and the old washers and dryers next to the office it looked like they were renovated but my room hadn't been touched; it had the same old furniture that had been there for 30 years, the AC unit was beat-up and dirty and all the markings were worn off. The "Queen-sized bed" was just a double and the place was marginally clean at best. The rooms on either side of us appeared to be rented to long-term folks; there were grills and chairs out front and a bike with a flat tire. One of these neighbors started their stereo about 11:00PM and kept going outside to talk and smoke until nearly 2:00. I felt the website, with it's claim of "renovated" was totally misleading. The place looked like a dump from the outside (broken furniture, overgrown weeds, paint peeling) and the inside of the room I had was terrible. When I was checking in I told the clerk that I'd stayed there in the past and it had gotten bad so I was glad to see they had renovated it. If there were renovated rooms and unrenovated rooms the clerk should've said something before sending me to an unrenovated room. I had reservations for 2 nights but checked out after one. I would never stay there again. I also have to think that these glowing reviews are phony.

Room Tip: Find a different motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ran75
Mike67042, Manager at Hastings Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thanks for taking time and writing this review.We are sorry for the noisy guest next to your room and we would have taken prompt action had you informed us.We continue to do remodeling and we are sorry for the remodeling mess. We would have loved the opportunity if you would have shared your experience at front desk so we could help. We look forward to your business and have great day!!!
Jackie

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was directed to this motel from Midland's Lodge which is a few blocks away. They were overbooked at the time. I took a gamble, but it turned out to be really good. The place has new management and the staff was friendly. My room was clean and had a nice queen bed. Got a good night's sleep which is what i wanted bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your stay .

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a trip to Hastings NE from Kansas to run a trail race at Praire lake and after looking around at different hotels we came across this one. This Hotel was PERFECT!!! It was conveniently located and had a great price! We were only 3 miles from where we needed to be. There was a bar and grill in walking distance as well as a convenience store. There was also a park down the street and lots of restaurants.The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Even though they are in the process of new design and managment the room looked great and was very clean and refreshing!! We will be coming back for sure next year to stay! Almost every room was taken but it was still quiet at night. UnfortunateIy the pool was not ready due to remodeling but I cant wait to see the new pool! All in all we had a GREAT experience and would gladly recommend this hotel to other couples.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your stay and have a great day

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We usually visit Hastings once a year. This time we stayed at Express Inn. We stayed in room 112 which has three beds and looks remodeled. Large room and clean bathroom. I will say right up front they do have a few rules and signs. Some folks think they are a little strict, I think it keeps out the trouble makers. That’s ok by me when traveling with the family. Average motel and a helpful staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank S T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
C3 Hotel & Convention Center
#15 of 22 in Grand Island
Super 8 Hastings
Super 8 Hastings
#4 of 10 in Hastings

Been to Hastings Express Inn? Share your experiences!