“Buffet is a good value”
Review of Valentinos Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Valentinos Pizza
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The salad bar always has several good choices. There are several types of pizza, lasagne, pasta, primavera, spaghetti with meat sauce or a yummy cheese sauce, and tasty beer cheese soup, dessert bread sticks, a taco bar, desserts. . . . We always find PLENTY of good stuff to choose from. Of course, there is not the variety of selections found in a larger market, but we always find PLENTY of good stuff to choose from.

There are newer reviews for Valentinos Pizza

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stopped here at the end of a Sunday buffet....it happened to be Easter Sunday. We were traveling....on the road....not the best place to be on this holiday, but here we were. Our church & our family were both far away, but we celebrated in a Nebraska church with a roomful of believing strangers, and went on down the road. And now we needed to eat something, somewhere, before every place closed for the day.
Valentino's was full (a good sign to travelers), and the buffet was well-stocked, even though we were nearing the end of the afternoon serving hours.....maybe 2 p.m.?
There was adequate "fill" here. I would not call it food, but "fill." There was enough to keep us from feeling hungry until the next stop. There was a great variety of mediocre salad, pizza, pasta, dessert, etc.....I took small portions of several items & ate them dutifully, but nothing was particularly memorable. Except for the lasagna.....I took one bite, and this was the one choice I could not take a 2nd bite of....almost like ketchup on pasta, sprinkled with cheese. I have made my own lasagna at home for nearly 30 years. I'm not a restaurateur, of course, but I routinely do better than this at home!!!! If I cooked like this, my husband would've probably tried to find cause for divorce!
The waitress was quite friendly, but eager to let us know that she resented working Easter Sunday. Although she was young and sweet, I couldn't sympathize....I'm a 60-yr-old nurse, and have worked my share of holidays. I have always worked from the standpoint of "Drop your troubles at the door....you're here to help others.....if you have complaints, nobody cares!" Yes, it's Easter Sunday, but I've "sucked it up," and you can too. In this economy, it's a blessing to have a job.
But she was sweet, and we gave her a good tip.
One note, that I still find funny. I took a sip of the coffee, and was pleasantly surprised. Usually, restaurant coffee can be a gamble....sometimes good, sometimes OK, sometimes miserable....but this was a good, lightly flavored coffee. Before I went up to that awful buffet, I was encouraged.
When the waitress came back to see what we might need, I complimented her on that coffee. She said, "Oh, we've run out of coffee. We're serving the coffee we usually reserve for the waitresses."
Well. Isn't that special?! This was the coffee earmarked for the help, but in this unusual circumstance, they were serving the really GOOD coffee to the customers?!?!? What on earth?!? Note to the management....if you're running a restaurant, it may not be a good idea to save your best products for the help. If you serve a good product, maybe your customers will come back.
If we EVER drive through Hastings again, we will certainly try to find something better than Valentino's. Maybe a drive-through fast food joint.

2  Thank Wilma608
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Owner Glen has built a great business. Tuesday nite is kids night. The best deal is the buffet--lots of great choices---but you can order off the menu, too.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

The location is small, so it limits the offerings compared to Val's in GI or Lincoln. Pizza and salad are OK. Pastas can be pretty beat up, especially the lasagne. Seems like someone always scrapes off all the cheese and leaves behind noodles and sauce. Service is so-so. If you're hungry of have kids to feed, you'll do OK at Val's.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I went at a pre-supper hour on a weekend afternoon; had the buffet. It was well picked over, some items out, stale, no taste, and more. And actually that describes the lack-luster service as well--they did not seem to care. I will not go back, and cannot recommend.