“poorly managed pubs/restaurant” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cavendish Arms

The Cavendish Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Brindle
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brindle, United Kingdom
“poorly managed pubs/restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I and a group of friends visited this pub recently and will not be making a return visit. the service was slow, the waiter couldn't even be bothered to bring condiments for our meal, the entire attitude of the staff there was slovenly. they are more intent on sending text messages on their mobile phones and going on facebook and buying things on ebay than they are serving their paying customers. I had a hard time attracting the attention of one barmaid who was stood in the corner with her back to the bar playing on her mobile phone. a very badly managed pub. what are they being paid for? if I were the owners I would sack every one of them.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank liam-the-boss

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive about going for dinner here but my friend who I went with had been before and said there was nothing to worry about - and she was right. Set in a lovely village - worth a walk around if you have the time - the pub had a 'real pub' feel to it. They were expecting a big party at 7pm but as we had booked for 'early doors' that didn't bother us and although the staff where busy getting ready for that party we were still made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. My terrine starter was outstanding and to try to be good I ordered the chicken and bacon salad for main which was delicious and very filling. My husband had pie which he too said was very tasty - he also likes a pint or two of real ale and he said he liked the choice they had. We were too full for desert so asked for the bill and this too was a lovely surprise £56 for 4 2 course meals. My husband and I do a lot of walking so are now looking for a nice walk near Brindle so we can call in and eat there again!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Girvy
manchester
“Good food at reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a meal here last night and have to say it was excellent. The starter of shredded pork with chutney was fantastic . Followed that by a chicken salad that was probably one of the nicest I have eaten in a long time . The serving staff were extremely helpful . Will definitely be making regular visits to this lovely quaint pub

1 Thank haughty
Copenhagen
“Superb Fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Here for an impromptu lunch with a friend. A favourite place of ours. Quiet when we arrived at lunch time, but none the worse for that. Food excellent and freshly cooked, and house white good. Service fine, Had steak and ale pie, and my friend raved over the fish. Only query - why service excellent food on chopping boards - a whim of chefs - but they kindly gave us ordinary plates.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Best in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been to the Cavendish on many an occasions and have never been disappointed. The staff and particularly the manager are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The food is second to none. We last visited on 7th April, I had the fish and twice cooked chips and my wife had the chicken liver parfait starter as a main - they were both sublime. I recommend the establishment and the food to all my family and friends as a place which is a must visit.