“Pretty Good Actually”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Area
Bedroom One
Bedroom Two
Bedroom Three
Rear with barbecue area
Patio area with storage shed
Sea view from the park
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Nicesara7...
London, United Kingdom
“Gem of a site but shame about the lodge!”
Reviewed 7 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Just arrived yesterday from 110 Kingsdown, firstly the site is lovely, very unique, chalets are beautiful and mostly privately owned. There is a park, mini golf, volley ball, tennis court, bar (which only opens on occasion as the chalet owners have taken this over so only opens when they are there). The indoor pool, bakery and pizza bar have been closed since last year, I am a little disappointed as I was expecting the pool to be open for my young children and this has been falsely advertised on my accommodation booking! Luckily we used a free of charge lido in Walmer, 5 mins drive. Deal castle and beach are a good day out.
So the chalet....its horrid! Nothing seems to work which is so frustrating, there are TV's in the bedrooms that don't work, hardly any of the ceiling lights work, one of two fans don't work (we actually fixed the one that is now working), there are stains all over the interior fabrics, the kitchen is disgusting, there is a drawer missing?! There are live wires in the bathroom where the shower is fixed to the wall, the floors have seen better days, the shower head needs replacing, there is useless crap in every cupboard, it really lets the site down. Also a bbq was advertised and that was nowhere to be seen, didn't spend any time in the garden as its such a mess, even the birds didn't want to step foot on the bird table!
Overall my kids had a great time onsite, we would definitely come back to Kingsdown but would steer clear of 110!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Roxanne W
“Pretty Good Actually”
Reviewed 11 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

So I'm not normally one to write reviews of where I stay, but having read some of the previous reviews I was starting to regret my decision to book here before I'd even got here!
So from the below reviews, I honestly expected to walk into a stained, holey, flea infested hotel from hell type vibe. Upon entering the complex, it's very manicured and well maintained. There are onsite facilities such as a pool and cafe but these weren't open when we were there. There is a sea view and the back of the property is lovely and private. The place itself is very clean and neat with comfy beds and furniture. We had a lovely time. My only criticism would be that the bath needs a plug of it's own as people have been using the kitchen sink plug in the bath which is not the most hygienic practice and if you're a germaphobe, like me, bring your own pots/pans/cutlery to avoid being grossed out by the idea- but the kitchen itself and all goods appeared very clean. We had a wonderful stay and Henry was great, even allowing us to book and extra night stay at the very last minute.
It might not be the Ritz but it's pretty nice. Go and enjoy!

Tracy J
“needs a bit of work and the park seemed closed?..”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

The booking process was very simple and easy, payment was straightforward with no issues. Key access very simple and easy -The deposit was returned as promised after the stay - no problems with any of that, however the chalet itself is in need of a bit of work.
It is quite scruffy and tired looking, there are a lot of marks on the walls and there are some patches of damage, one large hole on the stairs covered by bright coloured leopard print tape. There is a cupboard with a few bits in but they look like things other people have left. there is a working vacuum.
The main room is a decent size with 2 x two seat sofas, one which is a very tired sofabed (not used) and a single club chair, the double front door opens straight into this room onto carpet which gets quite muddy. The rest is laminate flooring. There were lamps out in the ceiling/wall lighting; There is a broken plug socket;the TV is quite dated and the remote missing. There is a freesat box which works, but it takes a bit of working out if you aren't savvy! There is a pack with local information but again its dated (2015).
The bathroom is at the back of the lounge, again dated, the floor has a hole in it under the bath mat! The shower , well could not even be called a shower, the water flow is severely restricted (limescale?) and you cannot wash in it - there was no bath plug (fortunately the one from the kitchen sink fits) - there is a working heated towel rail.
To the otherside is the kitchen, again dated - we didn't use the oven ... the microwave works but the toaster is dangerous with the left side blowing the electric if used! There is a kettle (needs descaling) and plenty of crockery etc althugh some is chipped.
Behind the kitchen is a small dining room, although the property says it can take 8 people they simply would not fit in here.. lovely table though - but no lamp in the light fitting. The electric meter is in here, this is switched off on arrival, which again if you aren't savvy takes a bit to realise!.. The meter simply ATE £1, we stayed 3 days, one day we did leave the heating and water on all day admittedly, but soon realised the mistake, it cost £10 for the 3 days in electricity.
There is a door out to the rear garden, very overgrown and unkempt, but quite peaceful.
The downstairs room with a set of bunk beds in is off the dining room. There was no lamp in the light fitting, there was a bedside lamp, but it kept shorting because the plug socket is dangerously loose. There is an oil radiator in here but it needs to be plugged into the loose socket ! .. It takes forever to find the light switch which is hidden behind the bunk beds... (no lamp in the light fitting anyway!)
There is a staircase off the kitchen leading to the two double bedrooms, this staircase is better described as a carpeted ladder, its extremely steep and quite narrow, its fun (not) getting cases up, and not so fun coming down, especially at night to use the facilities. My partner slipped down them one evening (sober!) Anyone of a large build would be unlikely to fit up the stairs. (NB The place is NOT suitable for anyone with disabilities)
The upstairs bedrooms (both the same) are nicely decorated with some lovely mood lighting. The beds are very low with memory foam mattress. There is only one double socket at the end of the bed. There is no where to put anything more than a small mirror . There are no drawers, just baskets built into the side panels. There is a closet - full of rubbish but there is hanging space. Both rooms have a TV neatly fitted into the wall opposite the bed - BUT neither work, there is no aerial in one (well there is but the end is broken off) the other has an aerial connector and a freesat box, but they don't seem to work (there are additional sockets in the closets) Both rooms are heated by plug in oil radiators which do heat the room well. They have lovely apex windows which work ok. The sloped roof takes a bit of getting used to though!
The park itself;- the gardening team do a beautiful job, well kept in that respect.
It was Easter half term when we were there and the park was busy, although we suspected many of the children were from the local village, as anyone can get into the park, there is no control at any gates. They advertise that it is safe for children, well it is in as much as they can kick a football about without fear of cars running them down, but other than that there appeared to be no security there, we were never challenged once, we didn't have to check in, just get the keys from a keysafe outside the chalet. as I say anyone could be in there....
The car park is quite a trek from this chalet, but it is quite large and there is a path all the way. The bins etc are emptied and we did see maintenance people about (that was all for staff)
The amenities are totally run down. The swimming pool is closed until further notice (H&S?) - shame because it was a nice looking indoor pool, with a viewing window from the lounge...The bar lounge with wifi (the only place with wifi) whilst the front door is open the bar is not. There is a bar, the shutters are down, there are tables with chairs stacked on them, the pool table is covered over.
There were signs still outside advertising their Easter weekend activities (previous weekend to us) and they said to bring own food and drink..... that I'm guessing says it all.
There is a working gaming arcade and a vending machine. we didn't use either.
At the park entrance there is another lounge but we didn't go in there it didn't look open? There is also a baker - which is again closed until further notice.
Access to the park is through impressive gates up a steep hill with a blind bend and this is the only walk way out of the park (no path) so its a little dangerous. The view from there is a building site.
The village of Kingsdown is pleasant and there are 3 pubs within walking distance, the two toward the seafront also serve food. (didn't go to the one in the village) Beautiful views to the English Channel. The town of Walmer/ Deal are a healthy walking distance along the seafront, passing Walmer castle on the way - but all better accessed by car, with everything you need available -( we visited Dover castle and Dreamland in Margate, both recommended)
We wont be returning to this park, which is a shame as its a good location and could be amazing with a bit of time and money spent here (forgot to mention there are tennis courts and table tennis table both very usable!) - Fortunately we had days out planned and only spent the nights sleeping in here, there were 4 of us which was enough for the space you have, I'd hate to be in there with 8! - but if you just want a place to sleep, its warm and dry.. then its OK - it was £174 for tues-fri which is also a bonus, but you pay for the little you get ....
Didn't meet the owner, I did email him prior to the visit about wifi but he didn't reply. I was so disappointed at the time I didn't ring him as I was concerned I wouldn't be polite and he wouldn't return the additional £100 deposit, although now I think that the refund comes from trip advisor and I feel the emails I did get allegedly from the owner were probably pre-written ones that get auto delivered when you pay ... just how it feels to me.
I've tried to be as honest as possible without being too damning, the place is in need of attention, but it is cheap and as I say if you just need a base camp... its ok...but I would not recommend a family holiday there.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
michael39...
London, United Kingdom
“Unusual accommodation in a lovely setting.”
Reviewed 8 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The arrangement and booking of our stay were carried out smoothly and informatively and we had no trouble finding the lodge.
We experienced a number of minor problems with the facilities available, but none of these significantly detracted from our enjoyment of the stay. However, for the benefit of future occupants, I am listing these below:-
1. Some difficulty getting to grips with the lounge tv, which is controlled by a box for which there were no instructions.
The tvs in the 2 main bedrooms were not connected and could not be used, although my grandson got his PS4 working off-line on one of them somehow.
2. When we first used the toaster it fused some of the electrics. We found that it was only the left-hand side of the double toaster that was at fault.
3. The shower-head was not working very well - leaky and low pressure.

As to the park facilities, we found the staff helpful and the care of the grounds etc was excellent. We were a bit disappointed that access to the pool was restricted and that the lounge bar was closed. Although we appreciate that it is probably not viable to keep them open fully all year round, this was half-term week and maybe an exception could have been made. The park certainly seemed well-occupied.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

CLARE B
“Good value break”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Just spent four days at 110 Kingsdown Park. The park is lovely and beautifully kept. Cars are not allowed by the chalets so it was very peaceful. The chalet was spacious and had everything I needed. I had no problem with the electric meter which took new pound coins too. Used 4.00 but that included cooking and heating. Plenty of heaters everywhere. We used our own sleeping bags and pillows. Minor issues such as light bulbs out and a few holes in curtains and shower was lime scaled but overall the price of the rental reflects this as it is very reasonable and wouldn't put me off. My daughter and I had a lovely time and watched badgers outside the chalet in the evening which was amazing. Would recommend for a value for money break.

Andy F
“Idylic little corner of Kent.”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First impressions of 110 Kingsdown were that it was clean and tidy. The kitchen was well equipped but could not find a corkscrew which really is essential for wine lovers. The shower was blocked with limescale so I had to buy some limescale cleaner and even then there was hardly any water pressure.The bathroom floor needs sorting out too. Also there were several light bulbs that needed changing. Overall though it was good value for money and will hopefully come back next year.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing