“Great experience”

Bye Bye Blues
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Mondello
Price range: US$38 - US$64
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We first went for lunch and enjoyed it so much that we returned for our last dinner in Sicily. Everything about the restaurant was good - the service, the produce and preparation and the wine list. Two of our group especially enjoyed the beer pairing. After having eaten (and enjoyed) several traditional meals in Sicily, it was a delight to enjoy the new and lighter approach to local vegetables, seafood and meats. The desserts were well executed. All in all I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank triplover39

Dublin, Ireland
“Difficult to judge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was really looking forward to the highlight of my holiday, which I always try to plan to be dinner or lunch in a Michelin star restaurant.
It is difficult to judge this one as I cannot quite put my finger on what it was that didn't work for us.
We chose the 'degustation' menu, to enable us to savour the full spectrum of what this tastefully designed restaurant has to offer and while each course was impeccably cooked and presented, I'm not sure I would have ordered any of it by choice. It comprised seafood, fish and pastas cooked in different Sicilian styles, all of which I normally love, but this meal just did not give me the 'Wow Factor' I was expecting.
Our meal was accompanied by the sommelier's choice of wine to accompany each course and they were excellent.
Somewhat off-putting was the long table of '30-somethings' across from us, which included a child about 4 years of age who was free to run around and a baby in a pram which, although quiet, seemed quite hungry so took its shoe off at one point and then its bib and proceeded to eat both! Simply put, in my opinion, children should not have been allowed into this restaurant and their presence certainly had some influence on my opinion.
What would I suggest? Give this restaurant a go, choose carefully, seek the sommelier's opinion and ask for a table far away from any children.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Suzanne B
Hong Kong, China
“Good but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had been wanting to go to Bye Bye Blues for long time as I heard about it and I wanted to try it. it was not that " bad", but really nothing special or memorable- good ingredients but nothing creative. The day before I had gone to A Cuncuma at that had been a real feast. I had expected Bye Bye Blues to be better but it was only more expensive and also a little pretentious. So, if I had to pick only one restaurant in Palermo not to be missed, you know which one I would choose - A Cuncuma.

Visited July 2013
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This lovely little restaurant was recommended by friends, and what a treat it was. We both had fish (after all, this is Palermo!) and loved every bite. Perfectly cooked, deliciously flavored -- there wasn't one thing we didn't like. The dessert sampler was perfect -- one or two little bites of multiple taste treats. The ambiance is on the modern side -- complete with monitors that let you see what is going on in the kitchen. There was a large group dining that evening which made it a little noisy, but even that couldn't detract from a lovely evening. Ciao!

Visited June 2013
Cascais
“Bellow our expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

The restaurant has a very good service, the decoration is modern and light, but the food, although is well cooked, lacks this special touch to make it different from ordinary places. As one starred Michelin restaurant we were expecting more. The wine list is very good and the prices (we went for a lunch) are reasonable. It was certainly below our expectations.

• Visited February 2013