“Honeymoon treat that was out of this world!”
Review of Stoneridge Estate

Stoneridge Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Hayes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hot tub overlooking the mountains bliss! Hugely romantic, private dining with sincerely the best meal we've ever had in our lives (and my husband as an ex-chef has high standards) and oh my, what a wonderful breakfast feast! We stayed in the cottage for one night and were truly spoiled and pampered in every way. Memories to cherish a lifetime of our NZ adventures. Definite value for the expense of the treat stay for one night we stayed there - would dearly love to visit again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in the Cottage for three nights on our honeymoon. The vineyard is in a stunningly picturesque location, and everything in the estate is finished to a very high standard, with loads of privacy if you're after some peace and quiet. The owners and staff were absolutely falling over to be helpful during our stay, and were always on hand to look after our every need, without being invasive in the slightest. The food from the kitchen was fantastic (we had two dinners here), and they were happy to serve us in the privacy of the Cottage. We can't recommend Stoneridge highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We recently had our wedding here. All our guests loved the venue, the view, the cosy fire, the mulled wine and great staff. Wayne and Suzanne, were very helpful and available during the wedding planning.

Thanks Wayne, Suzanne and the team

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was part of a large group that booked Stoneridge for a gala dinner.
I cannot argue about the beauty of the surrounds or the quality of the accommodation, but the meal that they provided for our group was the most pathetic effort that I have endured.

The amateur attempt at hors d’oeuvres was initially laughable because it was something that would be bettered by a five year old helping grandma. My arancini entree, it has to be said, was pretty reasonable, but when it came to the main course and dessert the offering was beyond the pale.
There was a choice of lamb shanks which are just about impossible to foul up and apparently, they weren’t. My choice of beef, on the other hand was an unmitigated disaster. The meat was a horrid, dried out inedible mess, and there were complaints from many of my peers.

I was aghast and left the course after one bite. The dessert was something that looked like a bought-in pastry case, half filled with custard, followed by a scoop of ice cream and then zigzagged with an anonymous sauce that looked like tomato ketchup.I declined to eat that also and I was so underwhelmed that I left hungry; but full of the thought that if I was in charge of paying the bill, I would have something very serious to say about the quality and a discount.

If you are booking a wedding here, you need to look very carefully at what are the arrangements for the provision of food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Stoneridge, Manager at Stoneridge Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We are extremely disappointed and saddened that the Reviewer did not enjoy their dining experience at a gala dinner of 110 delegates hosted at Stoneridge last week.

We are pleased they enjoyed their entrée.

I was in the kitchen when the main meal was returned, and the comments that were passed from the Reviewer to the Head Chef via the Duty Manager.

It is unfortunate that we were unable to please the Reviewer with either another dish OR the Lamb Shank, had by the remainder of the group.

We are delighted the other 109 delegates did enjoy their dining experience as was provided in the feedback given from the company seniors at the end of the night and emailed from the Professional Conference Organiser.

The dessert was returned by the Reviewer untouched, and as such, they may have assumed it was custard, when in fact it was actually Lemon Curd (in the pastry). To criticise the dessert course without even trying it, I believe is unfair to the venue.

As is always helpful in hospitality, to obtain feedback at the time of the meal is important, unfortunately there seemed no way of pleasing this Reviewer’s needs notwithstanding our staff’s attempts to do so.

Stoneridge Estate has been operating 13 years and has built a reputation internationally as one of Queenstown’s finest dining options. We utilise only use the finest and freshest produce available the most up to date kitchen techniques and equipment for cooking food.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Go on a little journey out of this world and enjoy every moment. Stoneridge is magical, its views, the structures,the story of how Da'Vella created it from recycled churches and the sensory experience of fabulous food, the wines,the service. Be prepared to get treated!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This weekend we stayed at Stoneridge and were married atop a mountain overlooking Queenstown. The staff at Stoneridge: Suzanne, Wayne and Diego were so helpful in assisting us organise our big day I am extremely grateful. The lodge is beautiful and set by the stunning Lake Hayes. The room was perfect and very comfortable with amazing view. Each morning Diego prepared for us a huge hearty breakfast. On the night of our wedding chef Bert created a spectacular meal for us which simply blew us away, accompanied by a wine match of their Chapel Estate offerings. In all, our wedding was wonderful and Stoneridge Estate and staff made it extra special. Worth every cent and more, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kablamo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I recently held our wedding ceremony and reception at Stoneridge Estate. There are so many positive comments to make about the location, staff and facilities but in summary it was truly spectacular.

With regards to our preparation for the wedding, Suzanne was extremely helpful (even after we kept bombarding her with so many e mail requests), provided timely information and was extremely professional. The remainder of the staff we dealt with were also incredibly helpful and really assisted us in finalising our plans for our wedding.

The facilities and grounds are beautifully maintained. In addition the food, wine and service were first class. My wife and I look back on our wedding as a day we will never forget, with Stoneridge Estate complimenting our small wedding to perfection.

A special thanks to Suzanne, Diego and all the staff we dealth with leading up to our wedding and also on our wedding day. We couldn't recommend Stoneridge Estate highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Arrowtown
Kinross Cottages
Kinross Cottages
#2 of 44 in Queenstown

Been to Stoneridge Estate? Share your experiences!