“Yet another great stay at The Low House”
Review of The King's Head

The King's Head
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Laxfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Yet another time to visit and stay at favourite pub if only for one night, we happened to pick a themed night for the food, which was Spanish night and good value at £15 a head for three course supper. The Tapa's starter was excellent, main course of paella very good and the dessert of flavoured ice cream (coconut and burnt caramel)absolutely the best ice cream I have ever tasted since holidaying in Italy several year's back.

1  Thank Peter R

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a very quaint pub in a very picturesque village. The staff were very welcoming and the food was good. there is a good choice of beers in the tap room. As the weather was warm we sat in the pleasant garden at the back.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We visited for special ribs night which was ribs chips and homemade coleslaw for £10.00.
We received a warm welcome from Bob the landlord as he remembered us from our last visit. I had requested a side salad when I called to book table instead of chips this was not a problem and the waiting staff were aware of this. We had 3 different types of flavouring which were all tasty and the quality of the ribs was excellent. Pub was very busy and the atmosphere was very good we only wish we lived a bit closer as would be more frequent visitors.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Fenlanders HOG rideout stopped at the Kings Head for lunch on our first chapter ride of the season.
I'm so glad we did, it was fantastic !
The pub was fairly busy when we arrived and we were soon enjoying great beer and beautiful food. The service was relaxed,friendly and efficient too. This is especially impressive when I tell you that there were about 30 of us to look after on top of the customers already there and we all arrived together ! I'll be back for sure! Not that you have in centuries, but please don't change!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having been given a personal recommendation we booked for an evening meal. I had read reviews but I was still surprised when I entered. We were guided through to the tap room for our drinks and then lead to the dining room. We sat in a semi- circular settle in the corner which afforded us both a view around the whole room. I had a delightful game terrine with my partner having deep fried Brie,both were excellent. We both opted for the duck breast main and again we were very pleased. We had a bottle of Aussie Shiraz and noticed ALL bottles on the wine list cost £14.50 . Good value and takes away the stress of choosing the dearest/cheapest option. Service was friendly throughout and we rounded off a lovely evening with a pair of tasty desserts, scrumptious hot chocolate brownie and ice cream for me with my partner having two scoops of " millionaires shortbread" & "peach Melba" ice creams. An amusing distraction occurred when a regular customer, a mature lady noticed that a nail was protruding from her table, she requested a mallet and proceeded to knock the nail in.