“Road Trip From California”

Holiday Inn Express Kearney
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were on our way back from California to Wisconsin, if we could have made it to Omaha, we would have stayed there instead. I have to admit, the hotel itself is extremely beautiful. Updated and very beautiful rooms. The suite we had was very nice. The Front Desk Personnel were not very cordial or accommodating; they were somewhat better when we checked in at 1 A.M. than when we were leaving. This was the only hotel out of 9 Holiday Inn Expresses between Missouri and Califonia, that did not welcome us with Priority Members snacks upon arrival. Not like we really wanted them but.... Did not ask how was your stay? Did not even say "Good-bye" When checking out, I am not sure if the manager saw me standing there to check out ( so much for express check-out) and took a man who came in the door who was checking in. REALLY??? I also misplaced my Priority Card and was told by the hotel manager and the night personnel that they would look up the number and add my rewards to my account. Of course I did not leave that task to him. I knew he would not do it anyway. This hotel is not a winner for me. The beautiful updated modern style of the hotel does not balance the very poor customer service from the Front Desk Personnel. Yes, I understand they were a little busy at check-out but being busy does not mean you forget to be cordial to people coming and going.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is a really nice motel. It's not a hotel, as it's architecture is that of a motel. Holiday Inn has done a nice job with these Express motels and this is a positive example.

Positives:
Room was nicely decorated, in very good condition and looked clean.
Bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft.
Towels were dried with real fabric softener. Why doesn't everyone do this?! THANK YOU.
Breakfast was staffed with a friendly young gal that was making sure that everything was available. Nice, clean place to have breakfast too.
Seemed to be a safe place, and I'm sure good for families.

Cons:
Four thick pillows were on the bed. Why not four thinner pillows and those that want a thick pillow can double up? Otherwise those extra two pillows just end up on the floor.
A little pricey.

Bottom Line:
90% chance when in Kearney I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grogie
YounesMGMT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

I'd like to take a moment to Thank You for your wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express in Kearney, NE. We always love hearing about our guest's travels and are elated you enjoyed our newly renovated property. We strive to be a step ahead of our competition when it comes to Guest Services, so I will definitely pass your kind regards along to my Breakfast Bar Attendants!

I would briefly like to clarify for any future guests the motel vs. hotel "architectural" dialogue of this review. We would like to emphasize that our facility is a multi-storied building where the doors to our sleeping rooms open into secure interior corridors. Also, we are proud to offer many of the comforts of home that a "hotel" label does require. Such as, our indoor pool and hot tub, fully equipped fitness center, and business center with copying, faxing and printing capabilities. Many "motels" are located with good access to the national road network, which we have as well; as we are located just south of I-80 on exit 272.

We wish you all many safe travels and appreciate your time in writing such a stellar review for our hotel.

April Tracy
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel due to a wedding in the area. The friendly front clerk allowed us an early check in. As we traveled 6 hours to get here we needed to get dressed for the occaision. The King Room with a sofabed couch was spacious and refreshing. We understand the hotel had done some recent renovations and everything looked updated, fresh and colorful. We enjoyed the contrasts in the decor.
The 98 degree temperatures in the humid climate was challenging for us everywhere EXCEPT the hotel where the air conditioning was excellent. They kept it very cool. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was better than average. Since it was a one night stop, we didn't get to enjoy the amenities like the breakfast or pool area. We were very pleased with the entire experience. Since we travel to this area frequently, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the front of the hotel, nice view. We did not have noise issues.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

First, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. Our staff is more than willing to provide any traveler with an early check in when possible. As you know, our hotel was recently renovated and I am happy to hear the many wonderful compliments about our décor. The humidity is definitely a challenge that we face here in Nebraska. However, our staff monitors our air conditioning 24 hours a day to provide the most comfortable and refreshing atmosphere when you walk through our doors. I am sad to hear that you did not get to experience our breakfast or our pool as these amenities provide not only convenience but the overall experience that you come to know and love from the Holiday Inn Express brand. Thank you again for staying with us and we are excited to hear that you will be back in the area to stay again with us soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

We (myself and 3 little boys)drove 12 hours from Wisconsin. We chose this hotel because it's about halfway to Utah. Needless to say we were tired!! Check in was a piece of cake. Our room is very nice and looks brand new. The 3 little guys wore of some energy in the beautiful pool area. This hotel was definitely an oasis for this weary mom!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be an, “oasis.” Traveling long distances, like a 12 hour trek from Wisconsin, definitely takes its toll on anyone. I am glad that our newly renovated pool area was a place for your children to unwind after the long trip. Our staff works very hard to provide a smooth check-in process and a comfortable atmosphere for you to relax and unwind. Again, I want thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and when you travel back through, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We spent one night here in June 2012 on our way back from vacation. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was the usual free motel fare but the area was clean, the food was hot, and fresh fruit was available.
The only downside was a balky air conditioner. When we arrived, the room was HOT because the AC had not turned on. We should have requested a different room right then. An employee fiddled with the controls and got it started but during the night it quit again unless we got up every hour or two to shut it down, restart it, etc. We did not sleep much that night. Hopefully maintenance got the unit fixed for the next guests.
Ps...we ate at Skeeter's BBQ next to the motel and would not recomment it. Just average BBQ with medicore sides.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stay here instead of the Holiday Inn directly across the Interstate for a few reasons. Our child no longer wants a slide at the pool, breakfast is included, less points when staying on points and a newer hotel slightly further off the interstate so quieter. To our suprise the hotel has been updated since our last visit, didn't feel the hotel needed it but loving it. Staying in a King w sofa bed room and gotta say this is the best sofa bed ever. It's more of a sectional so even though we have the bed pulled out there is still a lounger still on one side. TV in the room is HUGE! thinking 42 inch flatscreen.

Room Tip: Ice is available on the 1st & 3rd foors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am glad to hear that you are “loving” our newly renovated hotel. Combined with our remodeled hotel, our staff works hard to set our hotel apart from our competition. As the manager of the Holiday Inn Express, reviews such as yours truly make myself as well as our staff feel like we are making a difference. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and when you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed in the property in early May during the final stages of the remodel. The staff was very friendly and happy to assist in any manner possible. The remodel is gorgeous! More importantly though, the property is in a location that is VERY quiet and away from a lot of noise, yet just minutes away from the interstate. A little difficult to locate, but well worth it. I would recommend this property to anyone, but especially to business travelers and adults that don't want to be I the middle of the city. You cannot walk to downtown, but the drive is easy and parking plentiful if you want to go through the historic downtown area. Will definitely return to this property whenever I am in the Kearney area.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Kearney for your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay at our property was enjoyable. Our staff works very hard to make your experience here at the hotel one of a kind. Thank you for your recent review and we look forward to your next visit here in Kearney.