Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Kearney)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelconvention centerfront desk staffbiscuits and gravyhotel is cleanthe breakfast arearoad tripafter a long dayan upgradescrambled eggsnorth plattenice stophot itemsfree breakfastnext morningmanager's receptionbed and pillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for one night over the Fourth of July weekend.

Hotel: The hotel is located right off of I-80 and sits at the end of a row of several hotel on a dead-end road, so there is not a great deal of traffic past the hotel. There is very easy access to several restaurants and at least two gas stations between the hotel and highway. Like other hotels in the area, there is free parking as well as a pool, workout room (neither of which I used) and free hot breakfast (which I did use). The hot breakfast offers scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and maybe potatoes as well as 'make your own' waffles. There's cereal and bagels along with milk, coffee, juices and fresh fruit. The hotel is located right next to the Younes Conference Center and the hotel has an enclosed walkway from teh second or third floor directly into the conference center (It also looks like the Holiday Inn connects to the conference center. As an aside, if you have children in your party, look at the Holiday Inn...it appears they have a game room with three or four video games and a waterslide attached to their pool).

Staff: While my interaction with the hotel staff was minimal, they were polite and offered directions when I asked. The check-in and check-out process was very fluid and the desk attendants were very cordial. The following morning, at breakfast, there were several staff members helping out in the breakfast area and they were checking tables to make sure everyone was doing well.

Rooms: My room was nice, clean and comfortable. As you walk into the room, the bathroom is directly off to the side. Beyond that is a small kitchenette area with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot and ice bucket. Beyond that is the room. The room is pretty big with an extra sitting chair and a flat screen TV. It was hot when I arrived, so I turned the AC down in the room to the point it was chilly when I got up the next morning…the AC works well. It appears that the rooms either face the Interstate (south) or the hotel parking lot (north). My room faced the Interstate and I don’t remember hearing any traffic at any time during my stay.

Location: The hotel is about three minutes from the I-80 exit on Talmadge Street just north of I-80. There are several restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel; Carlos O’Kelly’s, Red Lobster, Old Chicago’s, Ruby Tuesdays and Sozo American Cuisine. There are additional restaurants north on 2nd Ave, but those are a longer walk or drive away. The Great Platte River Road Archway and the Nebraska Firefighters Museum is only about a 15 minute drive east of the hotel.

Other Stuff: While there, I visited a little area north and east of the hotel…near Central Avenue and 21st St. There’s a name for the area, but I can’t remember what it was called. There are also restaurants and shops in this area. One of the restaurants that was mentioned to me was the Alley Rose restaurant…some of the locals said it was a pretty nice place with good food. While in this area, I stopped at Platte Valley brewery and Thunderhead brewery. For my money, Platte Valley brewery wins hands down. Although I did not eat at the Platte Valley brewery, I did eat at Thunderhead brewery…I didn’t think it was very good. As I recall, most of the clientele in Platte Valley were over 40 and most of the clientele in Thunderhead were under 30. I thought the beer at Platte Valley was great and they have a small beer garden (outdoor patio area) right off to the side which is pretty nice. Finally, for anyone who’s a Sand Hill Crane aficionado, this is your place. Kearney, NE is the Sand Hill Crane capital of the world.

Room Tip: My room faced the Interstate and I never heard any highway noise. I think either side of the building is fine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Kearney, Ne. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are glad you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable and our staff to be courteous and professional. I am especially pleased that you found our hotel to be conveniently located near the interstate and close to several restaurant choices.

Our goal is to provide our guests with an exceptional stay and your thoughts about the hotel are very valuable to us. We hope to always be your choice for lodging any time you are in the area, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed one night at this location and I found the place to be very nice. It was just off the interstate the rates, summer, were okay at $108.

Didn't get to try breakfast so I can't comment on that other than it looked like most breakfast you see at these locations. Coffee was okay.There was a baby next door, but that is not a hotel problem.

The one con was that, and this is a Marriot rule, check in was 4. Seems like I am always getting to motels an hour or so before check in time. Fortunately they had a room at 2:30 so we were able to get ready to go to my aunts wake service on time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Roger Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Kearney's Fairfield Inn and Suites with us.

Your feedback is appreciated because it allows us to identify where to focus when making improvements to the hotel. I understand that you were unhappy about the Marriott check-in time being at 4pm. Although this is true, we do everything in our power to accommodate our guests as early as possible. The reason for our guaranteed check-in time is simply to allow our housekeeping staff to clean the rooms and have them ready to go for the next guest.

We value your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

To be picky the only thing lacking is a decent amount of choices to eat around the hotel.

The check in was the fastest I have ever experienced which wasn't exactly a great thing. The guy that checked us in was devoid of any personality and it was like he was being timed. Slow down and smile.

Workout room new and great. Nice pool and hot tub, patio area and lobby. Managers reception was a nice plus for snacks and beer/wine.

Hotel is new and it shows. If you are going to do a boring drive through Nebraska stop here and chill out. Would recommend for sure

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Kearney’s Fairfield Inn and Suites with us.

Your feedback is appreciated because it allows us to identify where to focus when making improvements to the hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your check-in experience. You, our guest, is our top priority, and making you feel welcome is of utmost importance to us. Please be assured that we have taken the opportunity to review our check-in procedures with our front desk staff, and I assure you that you will always feel welcome at the hotel in the future.

We value your business and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for our second night of a drive from Orange County, CA to Chicago. The staff was courteous, rooms clean, and the breakfast was fine. As an added bonus, they let me me charge my car (I have a Chevy Volt). I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Roger Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Kearney Fairfiend Inn & Suites with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay, and we hope to always be your hotel of choice when traveling through the Kearney area.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights last week. The staff is wonderful, welcoming & helpful. The rooms were clean & the beds very comfortable with nice linens. The breakfast bar was very well appointed with a good variety of offerings and was kept fresh and stocked. While all Fairfield Inn's have to meet the Marriott standard some are definitely better than others - this one exceeds Marriott's standards in all areas.

Room Tip: We always ask for the top floor to avoid hearing the neighbors upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn of Kearney.

We are elated that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our priority is to provide our guests with an exceptionally comfortable stay. We are delighted that you found breakfast to have everything you need to start the day. We understand that your time is valuable and we truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to provide excellent service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!