“A great stay in Kearney” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Kearney
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“A great stay in Kearney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were traveling with our two small children and opted for the one bedroom suite (please note this is a true suite with a door separating the bedroom from the common area). It was a very clean and comfortable room. The breakfast was actually outstanding. Based on a very competitive advanced purchase price, it was an excellent value. We will stay here again when traveling on the I-80 corridor in Nebraska.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear 44Heavy,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your suite. Thank you so much for telling us your thoughts about the breakfast service. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Kearney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orange City, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoyed my stop-over at the Country Inn and Kearney. Nice staff, clean, comfortable, quiet room, AND, much to my surprise, real dishes and cutlery instead of the usual Styrofoam and plastic at breakfast. I often avoid hotel breakfasts because I just can't stand all the waste produced. In Kearney I ate with my conscience at rest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DisplacedColoradan
Dear DisplacedColoradan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we met your expectation with the breakfast service. We strive to provide a great experience for everyone. We value your feedback, and will pass it on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Logan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had a discount coupon for the Country Inn and Suites in Kearney Nebraska which I attempted to use while making a telephone booking for the night of Monday, June 9, 2014. The Coupon was from a Hotel Coupons .com Discount Book.
The coupon was for $59.00 + Tax and specified that it was valid for 1-2 people, Sunday Thru Thursday with an additional $10 Charge for Friday and Saturdays. The coupon was valid thru 6/15/14. The only disclaimer was that it was subject to availability, not valid with other discounts, during holidays or special events.
I called the front desk directly, was told by the female who answered the phone that she did have 4 rooms available and the fee would be $119.00/ night.
I informed the desk clerk that I had a Coupon for $59.00/Night from the Hotel Coupons.Com that I would like to use.
The desk clerk informed me that I could not use the coupon because it was subject to availability.
I told the clerk that she just told me that she had 4 rooms available, with two beds, for $119.00.
The clerk stated that the manager or owner had advised her that when they only had a few rooms left for the night, that they would not accept any coupons.
I informed the clerk that this practice was deceptive and consisted of false advertising and that I would be staying elsewhere.
I should also note that the desk clerk informed me that they also do not honor AARP or AAA discounts when available rooms hit a certain point.
I hung up the phone and immediately called the Comfort Inn across the street and obtained a beautiful, clean room with 2 queen beds for a great price.
I don't have any other information good or bad about Country Inn and Suites other than their desceptive, bait and switch advertising.
The above rating is based only on my phone conversation with the front desk. I have no information regarding the actual hotel or its service.

Room Tip: Do not rely on coupons or discounts being honored by this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good morning, I wanted to extend my apologies for the phone conversation you encountered with my front desk representative the other night. As much as we can, our hotel property tries to honor the discounted rates for our future guests. Even though you were informed that we still had rooms at the property, all other special rates were closed. I am happy that you found a hotel room in Kearney the night you were in town.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I will be reviewing the process in which we accept discount coupons and reteach our front desk staff to explain the circumstances more accurately. Please know that I truly am sorry for this occurrence, and I hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Kearney, Nebraska that you decide to give our property another chance. Please feel free to call me directly or email if you have any questions.

General Manger of Country Inn & Suites Kearney
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My friends and I stayed here over the night and it was great. Staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was an elevator, which was very convenient. Since we were only staying there over the night, we didn't use the pool or fitness room. If you're passing through Kearney, it's a great hotel to stay over the night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicole N
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your friends stayed with us. We value all guest feedback. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Cullman, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed a one bedroom suite and appreciated the bedroom being a separate room from the sitting area. There were some stains on the sofa and chair as well as on the carpet, but overall the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The afternoon reception was a little disappointing from other places we have stayed. There was potato skins with cheese and bacon bits to top them but they were cold. Otherwise, snacks consisted of pretzels, chips, salsa, peanuts and popcorn. There was a choice of a glass of beer or wine which was nice. The breakfast was good with eggs, potatoes, cooked oatmeal, and the usual cereal, bagels, etc. The waffle maker was out of order. Overall we were pleased and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra W
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate your comments and concerns about the hotel. We will pass this feedback about the reception and breakfast service on to our staff. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

ORD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was in Kearney on business and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. The staff is amazing and so helpful. The rooms are very nice and clean. They had a nice breakfast, and on the evenings that I was there a "hospitality hour". It was an enjoyable stay and I look forward to staying again when I am in Kearney. I highly recommend you stay here when you visit Kearney.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VICTORIA B
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Victoria,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you so much for choosing us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Litchfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very nice rooms. I could not have asked for more. Very clean rooms. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast was as expected. Near to the freeway. It was very quiet in the third floor room. It was worth what we paid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kearney, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Boxcar,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your visit. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.