“Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine for not a lot of $$$” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Lexington, NE
“Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine for not a lot of $$$”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant. While I have only been there twice, I have sampled four different menu items and have been blown away by what Trin's owners refer to simple, Vietnamese comfort foot. I've tried (please excuse my spelling errors)the Pho Ga (chicken stew with rice noodles), Pho Ba (Ox tail stew with rice noodles), the Vietnam steak ( tenderized chunks of I believe round steak that have been battered and wok fried) as well as two different types of spring rolls.

The rice is always perfectly cooked, the sauces and marinades are made from scratch, the food is served in 10 minutes or less and the most I have paid for a combo meal, including a drink, is $9.50 for a large order of Viet steak. If you are starving, I'd recommend the large size bowls of soup but if just want a lighter lunch, go with the small size. The spring rolls are absolutely unreal. My wife, who refuses to eat traditional Chinese egg rolls goes ga ga over Trinh's and now that is all she likes to order! As an added bonus, you get an awesome selection of sauces on each table including Sriracha, hoisin, soy and fish sauce which will surprise you so quit being so reserved on your meals and try something new for once. You can also get canned energy drinks and a few Starbucks beverages if you do not want soda. As a bonus, if you are a University of Nebraska at Kearney student, I believe you get a free beverage when you show your ID, but would recommend you call ahead to confirm that. I think it is kind of sad that before Trinh's was built I would have to travel nearly 160 miles round trip from where I live for authentic Vietnamese food but now that has been changed to less than 80 so I can live with that. Give Trinh's a try and you will not be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013

Kearney
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stopped in for a Sunday lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The spring rolls and the Pho broth are wonderful. Will go again and try other items on the menu.

• Visited November 2013