“Excellent Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here one night for business. Good location, spacious and comfortable rooms. I did get sick the night I stayed here, woke up with sinus issues in a very dry room, but I won't blame that on the hotel. Other than that, had no issues with this hotel. Friendly and helpful service with updated, clean, comfortable, and quiet rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The good: I was very impressed with the building and the lobby -- it was large, modern and well-kept. There's a large bistro area off the lobby -- I had a perfectly fine sandwich there and a glass of wine. The counter person/waiter was friendly and efficient, which was nice since he was the only one working the area in the evening! Check in was efficient. I had to send a fax late in the evening and the front desk was helpful.
The not so good: I was asked if I preferred a room on a higher or lower floor when I checked in and I replied, "Either is fine, I'm not picky." Wrong answer apparently, as I got a room on the 3rd floor where the hallway smelled like an airplane bathroom. My room smelled of air freshener too, and not in a particularly good way. I wonder if there was a plumbing problem that they were working on somewhere on the floor? The room itself was clean, with the standard Courtyard décor (which I like). I thought about asking for a different room but since I was only staying one night and it was kind of late, I didn't. I did get used to the air freshener smell. However, the pillows REALLY needed to be washed. The linen was clean, but the pillows smelled like they'd been slept on a million times by people with less than clean hair. I ended up covering them with a couple of tshirts to block out the smell. The bed, other than that, was comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank amontgomery
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I spent one night here the last week of September. I was in town to meet with a prospective client. The hotel was attractive and attached to a convention facility. Unfortunately it was a number of little things that disappointed me. I live in a hard water area and the water here is very soft. Normally I just assume that is the given condition for the area but I had stayed the week before a Hilton further west and the water wasn't nearly as hard. The exercise facilities were nice. The treadmills had built in TV sets which of course didn't work. Breakfast was OK but didn't compare to the Hilton Garden of the previous week for more money.

I decided to move two hundred yards to the Embassy Suites hotel on the other side if the convention center. What a difference. If you are trying to decide between the two the choice is easy. Pick the Embassy Suites. They have evening happy hour, breakfast, much harder water and exercise equipment that works.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pete3060
Reviewed 19 September 2013

If there is no convention at the Convention Center, the Courtyard Omaha LaVista is often willing to give you a nice room at a reasonable rate. This is a lovely spot that is well-maintained. Coffee is available in the lobby, but you'll be on your own for breakfast. Hey, if you got a deal on your room, breakfast is not a big deal.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2TravelersMn
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised after our long drive to pull into this lovely property. It is next to a convention center with plenty of parking and a large selection of restaurants close by. The hotel was immaculate and the room so comfortable and well appointed. The staff went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. The morning breakfast was delicious and the restaurant offered a choice of private booths to watch TV. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

one of my favorite hotels to stay while the Omaha area. The staff is akways friendly,and it easy to get in and out. It is also close to the highway so hou can get anywhere in the city within minutes..................
...

.........

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

They are too high class to accept any bad!!! The manager of ALL people was too stubborn to do even do anything about the price!! We woke up the second morning with an UNREAL amount of ants IN OUR ROOM. CRAWLING ON OUR KIDS AND EVERYWHERE!!!! Eeew!! And they did'nt even come look when I went to complain! We had stayed here the previous year on a trip & we loved it. I don't understand what happened to you guys!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista? Share your experiences!