“Neighborhood Japanese”

Cuisines: Sushi
Papillion, Nebraska
“Neighborhood Japanese”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have been curious about the new Japanese restaurant in our neighborhood since it opened a few months ago. I read a very good review in the local newspaper, but never got around to checking it out until recently. We went there on the way home and had a wonderful dinner. Their tempura style meals are great. We didn't sample the sushi. I had experienced Japanese food as a youth in Japan many years ago. Hutong lives up to the best Japanese food I have had. Its the real thing. The atmosphere is very pleasant and reminded me of Japanese restaurants. The service is excellent as is the food and drinks.

• Visited June 2013

“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This place has a cool atmosphere that I'd expect to see in downtown Omaha, certainly not in La Vista. But it really surprised us and we'll definitely be coming back. My wife didn't think she'd like sushi but in the end I got her hooked! Service was very nice and the prices are much better than some other sushi places around the area.

• Visited March 2013
Papillion, Nebraska
“Great New Asian”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This restaurant is right around the corner from our home. The Omaha World Herald gave it high marks in a recent review. I have been curious about this place since it opened. We decided to check it out rather than going to our favorite Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood. Am I glad we went here. The atmosphere is modern and reminded me of some of the upscale places I have visited in the Far East. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We had a chicken tempura appetizer and a mixed seafood item for the main course. I love sushi, but my wife doesn't. We went with the Japanese style meal. It was well prepared and presented. I will be returning to try the sushi which the local paper touted. Another fine Omaha area restaurant if you love Eastern style food.

• Visited June 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“We found our place for sushi.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We've been here twice now. Our last visit was during happy hour (2-5pm). Love the food and the atmosphere. Highly recommend!

• Visited May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good sushi for a good price”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I didn't feel this place was too overpriced for the quality of sushi we had. The California Roll was very good but the other two rolls that we had were just alright. It's the reasonable prices that make me give this place a 4/5. It certainly isn't as good as some other sushi places I've had but the decor in the place is very nice, service was friendly, and the sushi was pretty decent. I'd go back.

• Visited April 2013