“GREAT LOCANTION- GREAT SERVICE”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We spent two days here and then were scheduled to stay at another hotel on our return trip the next week. We changed our reservation to return to the Embassy Suites. Great room and staff was wonderful. Really, our only complaint was the fax machine was not working in the business center and the hotel staff faxed everything for us. They went above and beyond in all aspects. We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed 5 nights while visiting our grandchildren. It worked out great, the kids came and spent time with us at the Hotel and we have enough sleeping space and room space for everyone. The pool was well maintained (and well used by the girls). The morning breakfast buffet worked out great, they had something for everyone, from pancakes to bagels, eggs, bacon and lots of juices and fruit. Started our day great with a good breakfast for everyone. We will stay there again when visiting La Vista. Everyone at the Hotel was very friendly and helpful. The kids even commented on how nice everyone was. Interested in what we had done that day, etc.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

You see that I still gave this hotel an "average" rating and I would consider this review to be on the negative side -- that's because in the past I would have always given it an "excellent" rating.

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this hotel MANY times -- it is (typically) clean and elegant with impeccable service, and we find the restaurant and breakfast to be unsurpassed. However, we have noticed a glitch or two the past few times we've visited and have hoped they were just anomalies. This weekend there were too many cons to overlook.

First, we were placed in a room other than the package I ordered. I went down to the desk and asked the attendant to check to make sure we hadn't ordered the upgraded package; she glanced at the computer and said, "Nope, you didn't." I thought I was probably just imagining having booked the extra package, but it bothered me. We left to shop and run errands for a few hours and when we returned, I went to the business center to print my confirmation email -- yep, there it was; the upgraded (and more expensive) package that I thought I had reserved.

When I showed the (different) attendant my confirmation printout, he showed it to his manager, but because they hadn't carefully glanced at the reservations for the evening, they had given our room to someone else. I had to actually say the words, "Then I would like a reduced rate," instead of having them suggest it first! (The manager-on-duty was even standing nearby, listening to the conversation I was having with the front desk attendant.)

As soon as I got up to the room where my family was trying to decide on a movie, they said that the TV/movie channel wasn't working correctly. After 15 minutes of fiddling, my husband finally called down to the desk to let them know; of course, as soon as he did that, it started working again (it did black out again for just a minute or two but we were able to fiddle it back).

Perhaps the most disappointing aspect of the trip, though, was the breakfast. We were told it would serve to 10:30; when we got down there at 10:10, the omelette station was in the process of packing up, and we were served pancakes out of an already-made stack (and yes, they were COLD). Those pancakes (which are usually oh-so-good made fresh-to-order) are part of why I like to stay there! And we understood when they started packing it away at 10:30 -- after all, that's when it ENDS -- but to start (much) earlier than that on a Sunday morning? Not guest-friendly!

On the bright side, we ordered room service from The Nines (as we always do), and it was wonderful -- really can't beat their burgers. The evening reception was good, though it was always better when they served veggies along with all the crackers and chips. And it is still a clean, elegant property; the cons this time seemed to be human error...which is probably why they were so disappointing.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went with my mother and aunt to attend two family wedding receptions within 8 days, both at the hotel. My mother and aunt are in their nineties, and without exception, we felt that the service and accommodations were well above average. Staff were friendly, and extremely accommodating to all our needs.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much. We haven't been back to Omaha for quite awhile, and we were very surprised to find such a wonderful place to stay in LaVista. We plan to visit this hotel again on our next trip to Omaha.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business a few weeks back and what a great hotel! Clean, spacious rooms. Good atmosphere, and lots of little extras. The free breakfast is one of the best I had and the complementary cocktail hour is not to be missed. Friendly staff, great gym, nice indoor lap pool all equalled a great experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Meet at this hotel for a small family reunion.
Booked 2 suites and was able to get adjoining rooms.
The suites made for a nice gathering place.
Great location right next to Cabelas and 10 minutes from the Henry Doorly Zoo.
The group had a great weekend, enjoyed the pool/hot tub and fitness room.
Fantasic breakfast.
Was a busy place, there was a conference going on and also a big wedding that weekend, so for example the pool was pretty busy. But still enjoyable.
Would definitely come back, the group was already talking about the next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha South - Ralston Arena
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128-5610
Region: United States > Nebraska > La Vista
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Price Range: £98 - £146 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center is located a short drive from downtown Omaha, and 40 minutes from Lincoln, just off I-80.Our modern property offers easy access to several Omaha attractions such as the Henry Doorly Zoo, Durham Museum, Joslyn Art Museum, Strategic Air and Space Museum, and Cabela's!Our hotel features 257 suites with private living and bedroom areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception, and multiple dining options within our hotel. Our hotel is also directly connected to the La Vista Conference Center, offering 60,000 sq. ft of meeting space. Look no further than the Embassy Suites Omaha La Vista! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel Lavista