“Parents watch your own Naughty Children”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Washington, Illinois
“Parents watch your own Naughty Children”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We recently stayed here, May 15-18. This is an amazing Embassy Suites with many nice amenities. Too bad it was spoiled by so many unruly children. Why do parents who don't want to tend to their own children send them to breakfast and the Managers Reception by themselves? What makes parents think we want to put up with their rude and obnoxious behavior. Five boys about age 12-14 at breakfast putting salt and pepper in another's cereal while he got up to get a spoon. Spilling eggs and other food all over the floor. Besides the obvious it's very wasteful. Girls taking their clothes off in the middle of the reception area with swim suits underneath, leaving clothes next to and on tables while they run through the people at breakneck speed to the pool only to return dripping wet to get snacks and sit all over the chair in wet suits. Last but not least a big raspberry to the adult gentleman in the black and white plaid shirt who walked through the plants and trees divider to save himself 5 steps to go to the restroom not once but four times. Your a glass act. I hope the hotel will think about making a couple rules and enforcing them. 1. No children allowed in breakfast/reception area without an adult. 2. No swimsuits in breakfast/reception area. And 3. No walking in raised planter boxes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slysue006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in La Vista, NE (what some would describe as "way south," but about 2 miles outside of Omaha). The hotel was recommended by a couple of people that I work with, and I'll be the first to admit I'm a Marriott-Guy, but I gave it a shot anyway. Here's what I found both good (+) and bad (-):

+ A great check-in experience! Yes, it was late, but the check-in was fast/efficient and they even helped me flip rooms to one that was a little quieter. It must have been late or I just really appreciated the level of service at that time of the night, because I even shared my BIG M&M's with peanuts (Usually I'm not a sharer!)

+ Clean/Quiet Room! I had a one-bedroom suite (just like all the other one-bedroom suites in the hotel), but I appreciated it being clean and it was especially quiet (I can't stand it when I can hear the slob on the floor above me slamming the toilet seat, or the person in the next room blow-drying their hair at zero-dark-thirty in the AM). No problems here... See my "PS" about a special prayer left in the room!

+ Front Desk was awesome with recommendations. There was a gentleman who couldn't have been more helpful in pointing out some of the local restaurants for lunch/dinner. I don't remember his name, but he was perfect (and makes this overall a firm-4-circle experience)!

+ The Workout Room was Great! Clean equipment and tv consoles on each/every machine... Really nice!

- Breakfast was disappointing, not even good! Ok, this was the area that almost got them 3 circles instead of 4 (and I won't consider giving them 5 because of it). Breakfast was well, kind of so so. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of options to choose from. However two things struck out for me; (1) the majority of the offerings seemed to be prepared items straight out of a vending machine like you'd get at a Marriott Spring Hill Suites Continental Breakfast. Yuck! (2) the cook making the eggs/omelets/pancakes was a SCROOGE. Hey look, I'm not looking for someone to start my morning off with their best Kelly Ripa impression to make me feel all warm/fuzzy, but he was more Ebenezer than Kelly. On top of his smugness, and I could have swallowed the experience better, but the cooking wasn't good (Runny omelet... Yuck!)

Would I stay again, probably not... it turns out the property is connected to a Courtyard by Marriott!

PS + Here's another nice touch... In the room there was a prayer laminated explaining "The Stranger Within Our Gates" story. I could see (unfortunately) where some would be put off by this prayer being thrust in their face upon arrival (See the picture). I found it to be just really nice... Something that cast a real pleasant shadow over my attitude/demeanor throughout my entire stay. Well done to the GM of the hotel who went out on a limb to put this in the rooms, it takes stones to do something like that!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PathosGuy
David City, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent in all areas. I would recommend to anyone for business or family purposes. Adequate parking very close. The rooms were especially nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. For business purposes, this was a great place to meet. Rooms were quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

sloan, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Love the evening reception and breakfast. I have stayed at Embassay suites since I was a little girl and have great memories of my stays. The same holds true as an adult. The motel is elegant and very relaxing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Nebraska
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is very comfortable for a couples getaway. The staff was very accommodating and the room was very comfortable. There were multiple events going on during our stay but it was very quiet and relaxed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Carl Junction, Missouri
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista with some friends while in Omaha to visit the famous Omaha Zoo. The hotel was very busy as a convention was going on while we were there. However, the check-in personnel were top notch! They readily checked us in, gave us our free managers reception cards, & were even kind enough to recommend some different dinning options for dinner that night.

The pool appeared to be quite large but we did not use it due to it being rather busy. We did however enjoy the free movies that they were playing in their theater room! We watched The Amazing Spider-Man. The room was very spacious & clean. Even for the large amount of kids present the rooms were very quiet & the beds were comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding as well! All in all if you are going to stay in the Omaha, NE area I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LPBENW
Omaha, NE, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The front desk was excellent and greeted me enthusiastically. There was some confusion about my room, but they had it straightened out immediately. Complimentary breakfast was very good with freshly made omelettes. Hotel lobby was very inviting. Pool area was nice but hot tub was a little too hot for most people. I saw others who decided not to go in because of the temperature. The only thing that was less than exceptional was the housekeeping -- dirty cups and glasses left in the sink and a stained comforter on the bed and a few other little things. Other than that, and in light of the fact that it was a very busy weekend for them, I would strongly recommend this hotel and will stay there again. Internet was clumsy at at $10.95 per device, it would be outrageous but I don't think I was actually charged that sum.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vista
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
Courtyard by Marriott Omaha La Vista
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Magnolia Hotel Omaha
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Southwest
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128
Region: United States > Nebraska > La Vista
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in La Vista
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center is located a short drive from downtown Omaha, and 40 minutes from Lincoln, just off I-80.Our modern property offers easy access to several Omaha attractions such as the Henry Doorly Zoo, Durham Museum, Joslyn Art Museum, Strategic Air and Space Museum, and Cabela's!Our hotel features 257 suites with private living and bedroom areas, free cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary drinks at our nightly Manager's Reception, and multiple dining options within our hotel. Our hotel is also directly connected to the La Vista Conference Center, offering 60,000 sq. ft of meeting space. Look no further than the Embassy Suites Omaha La Vista! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha-La Vista/Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel Lavista