Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln Airport
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel a few nights ago, traveling from out of town for new student orientation at UNL. We would have liked to have stayed downtown close to campus, but everything was booked. We were very happy with our stay. The rooms were very clean. The sheets smelled fresh, like they were recently cleaned. The bathrooms were clean as well. The hot breakfast buffet smelled wonderful but we didn't have time to sit down to eat anything. There seemed to be many choices. Staff was friendly. The drive to campus was only 10 minutes. All around a great hotel. It was very new. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln Airport

Reviewed 30 May 2012

This was my second stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express. This time we were traveling as a family and needed two rooms. The hotel staff made every effort to get us rooms close together since we could not get conjoining rooms. The rooms were clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and the facility looked top notch. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room worked well. The only negative comment I can make is that the wi-fi speed was incredibly slow. In defense of this hotel, I travel often in my job and don't find the wi-fi at any of the chain hotels to be faster than a turtle. I will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

After reading the previous review (bedbugs), I contacted the hotel to get their side of the story. The Manager was baffled at the story, never having been informed of this incident at the time. Further, the reviewer was unresponsive when attempts were made to contact her. After hearing the Manager's side, my wife, son and I stayed last week and the hotel was excellent. It's a very new property, and although we prefer to stay in downtown Lincoln, college graduation and the Lincoln Marathon filled all of the available hotels. No worries--this hotel was outstanding!

Being a very new hotel, the rooms were decorated in a very modern, updated style (not the old school Holiday Inn). Our room was very spacious, and the beds were extremely comfortable (yes, I still checked for bugs!). Not only was the room clean, it was spotless. We only stayed one night, but the hotel exceeded our expectations. The morning breakfast was also very good and offered plenty of space for the many lodgers dining alongside us.

This hotel is a little out of the way (by the airport), but the quality and service make up for the inconvenient location. we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank WileyWanderer
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I checked in to the hotel on a Monday afternoon and the man behind the desk checked me in. It was clear he did not know what he was doing and was extremely nervous and slow. My colleague mentioned that a manager stepped in and took care of her check-in when he realized this. That night, I turned back the comforter on my bed to realize there were about 10 black hairs on my bed which looked like men's body hair. Under closer inspection, there was some sort of body fluid secretion on the bed sheet and it appeared as though the sheets were not changed/washed from the previous guest. The next night, I realized the sheets were still not changed and I decided to inspect the other side of the king bed to see if that side would be cleaner and perhaps I could sleep there. When I inspected on that side, to my disgust, I noticed a bed bug crawling in between the sheets. When I called down to report the problem, the front desk agent was unsympathetic and asked me what he should do about it. I then asked for a new room. He responded that they were fully booked. I had to get angry before he said he would see what he could do and would call me back. He called back to let me know that he found a room for me. The room was 320, a floor directly under my original room. The next night I noticed they had already put someone in the room above me which was unbelievable. I never got an apology or anything from the hotel or any memberof the staff. This experience was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life and I travel significantly for business. The only highlight at the hotel was the staff that worked the evening reception and the breakfast in the morning. I caution anyone who thinks about stayng at this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 420!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank chicbiscuit
G M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

We appreciate your patronage, and your feedback. When we read your comments, we immediately took action to investigate the allegation. Contrary to your comments, no evidence was found. the only result was a few thousand in professional fees. But this is money well spent since it assured us that this hotel has no issues with regards to your allegations. I have tried to contact you to discuss your compliant, and have not heard back from you. I’m respectfully asking you to follow up and contact us if you would like to discuss your stay with us. And we can guarantee that your allegations have been proven to be incorrect. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Colorado. We stayed in a king executive room which was fantastic. It was clean, quiet, spacious with a very comfortable bed. It also had a microwave and a small refrigerator which came in very handy. The man who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We did not use the pool and spa but they looked very nice. The complimentary breakfast was great with good variety and with fresh pancakes. We will stay here again when heading out west!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and that is what we got!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here on the 17th night of a 19 day driving vacation that involved 7 hotels, 5 home stays, 12 reviewable restaurants and 6030.6 miles logged and I have to say this was one of the best experiences of the trip. The desk clerk on check-in was efficient, polite, smart, and knowledgeable. He gave me all the information I needed about room number, where to park, what the internet code was, the hours for the pool and breakfast and left me just to say "Thank you!" I later asked him about a place to get a good steak and he was able to direct us to a local mainstay steakhouse off the beaten path a few miles away. It was everything her aid it wold be.

The room was clean, new, and spacious, the halls and elevator spotless, the breakfast room and pool area looked inviting and well cared for. I had no idea we were even near the airport as the room was quiet with good sun blocking drapes. The breakfast foods were typical Holiday Inn Express complete with pancake maker and the hot food was hot and the cold foods cold. The pool and hot tub/spa were perfect temperatures and the area full of clean towels and adequate furniture.

The best part about the entire stay was that the pool was open until 11pm which is perfect for people who are traveling. Getting in to the hotel between 5 and 7pm then getting cleaned up and finding dinner and getting back to the hotel about 9:30 or 10pm often does not leave one enough time for that soak or swim one might hope to have after a long day. The later pool hours made for that perfect hour from 10-11pm of relaxation in the water followed by a great night's sleep. That fact alone would make me want to come back here on our next trip through Nebraska!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This place was top notch. I asked for a AAA rate when we arrived and was told that the manager special was the best rate. It was a great rate on one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The beds were great and as with all HI express the breakfast was great. The room had granite on the counters and the surround of the tub/shower giving the place a very upscale feel. Very pleased and would stay her again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple