“Sad and really bad”

Dining options: Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Sad and really bad”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The banner outside read "Under New Management " and it is bad management. I was seated in the middle of dirty tables and they never were cleared. The menu stated that the steaks were choice and aged 21 days, that was not true in fact my ribeye was not even cut correctly. The mushrooms were straight out of the can and the Bernaise sauce looked and tasted terrible and probaly would make you sick as it wasn't at the correct temperature Nice atmosphere but the visible steak grill was closed because the "the guy went home". Finally I ordered my steak medium and it came out really rare as my steak sat in a pool of blood the manager argued with me and said she couldn't tell from her angle. Save yourself a bad experience and stay away.

• Visited July 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good steak , clueless service”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

O.K. rustic décor and ambiance. I was having a business dinner with an important customer and wanted a relaxed, leisurely atmosphere so we could talk at length. Although friendly the server hounded us for our order so we gave in and hurried with our selections. The wine list had no prices and when I asked the response was, Oh nothing is more than 30 something dollars, - really ? . I had finished before my guest and suddenly my plate was gone , no , may I take this for you to which I would have replied that it can wait until my guest has finished. More hounding for a dessert but we just wanted to finish talking and drink our wine. Slap, the bill was on the table. This restaurant has no idea how to give their patrons an enjoyable dining experience which is a shame since the steak was very good. There were plenty of empty tables so table turning was not even an issue.

• Visited June 2013
Maplewood, Minnesota
“It makes me weep!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I cannot tell a lie. I didn't go here on this trip to Lincoln. Thus, the title of my review. However, I have been here before, and that should make me qualified to write a review, especially since I wasn't writing Tripadvisor reviews when I went here before. This is flat out the best steak place that I have ever been to. (Hyperbole, or the truth? TRUTH!) Hey, you're in Nebraska. You've got to have some beef! You've got to have something delicious that used to Mooooo. Skip every other steak place in Lincoln. Skip every other steak place in Nebraska except Johnny's in Omaha. The Steak House in Lincoln is THE place to go!! OK, I'll go here the next time I'm in Lincoln. I swear! Mooooo.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank oldhickory5
North Sioux City, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what I wanted”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was familar with the place since I ate there with my family about 20 years ago. so I read the recent reviews and was a little concerned. But I went anyway, while the atmosphere is great for an avid hunter I can see the need for a little updating in regards to the animals that may turn some people off. I thought the service was warm, it was under new management and I think they are still getting things worked out but the food was excellent, the Burger my daughter got was awesome, I had the sirloin and it was very good small for a big eater but perfect for me. the prices were not out of line for this type of food and environment. I would recommend people give them a try. There is always whinners out there that would not eat at home without complaining so give it a try.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lance P
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best steak”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Best steaks in town! Always order the same...king filet...melts in your mouth!!! Great service too!!!!

Visited January 2013