“Best there is & worth every penny!”
Review of Dish

Dish
Ranked #15 of 654 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best there is & worth every penny!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband tried to get me to try every restaurant in town. We go to many places too in Omaha, but in Lincoln...DISH tops them all! it's perfect for couples, business, special occasions and even just "because" kinda nights. If you have been complaining that your husband or boyfriend has been neglecting you...Make him take you to the Dish as a bribe. He owes you that much! You will never be sorry! And yes! You deserve such a grand place! The atmosphere is so romantic! The ambiance is so elegant and sexy you want to be treated like a lady! IT doesn't hurt to call ahead and make reservation specially on very important occasions as they get booked fast! You can make special request ahead of time like for our daughter's b-days I call for double treat of Creme Bulle & they bring it with a candle at the end! The owner comes out to greet you and if u become an avid patron...they will know you by your name fast. I love their appetizers. My favorite is their fried mango duck w/ extra mango sauce on the side! Yum!!! They are never short on details nor attention! You can never go wrong when u dine in such a nice place! So go ahead and try it! Tell em Maria sent you!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Maria J

“Great Food!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We went to The Dish for dinner before attending the symphony; when I called ahead for reservations, I was too late - they were booked. No matter, there was room at the bar, and we sat on tall, well-padded stools and chatted with Emerson, the bartender, while waiting for our dinners. I had the seafood special (3 shrimp, 3 scallops, risotto and Brussels sprouts with bacon) and my husband had a pork entrée - both were cooked to perfection. You won't leave hungry; the portions were generous. All in all, an excellent experience!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank wags2wishes
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Don't Believe The Posted Menu”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We originally selected the Dish restaurant based on the Trip Advisor menu (it appeared to be a Japanese Restaurant). We went on a Friday night before the Michigan State v Nebraska football game. It was about 7:00 pm and we didn't have a reservation. There was seating at the bar but we were looking for a table and were told it might be an hour and a half to two hours for a table due to them being booked solid in reservations. We decided not to wait but did make a reservation for Saturday night. We returned on Saturday night, were seated promptly and surprised to find out the menu was American not Japanese! (We notified the restaurant of this discrepancy and they said they would check into it but as of December 1, 2013 the Japanese menu is still on line on Trip Advisor) The owner and chef is a five star chef who has a few specials each day. On this night it was meat loaf with garlic mashed potatoes. It looked very good but we were more in the mood for salads. The restaurant serves, sandwiches, entrees including steak, chicken, fish, duck, tofu and other beff and seafood selections. We started with the Baked Crab Dip with toasted sour dough. It says it is made with lump crab meat but the crab is actually chopped/minced so it was not what we had expected (lumped crab meat) but was very good and we would definitely order again. We ran out of the toasted sour dough and the waiter brought more without having to be asked (nice touch). I had the Caesar salad with shrimp and my wife had the Grilled Steak Salad. Both were very large portions and very tasty. The shrimp and steak were served warm and had a very nice taste. The waiter was very friendly and checked in on us on a regular basis. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but would recommend calling ahead for reservations and don't expect Japanese food.

Visited November 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

After a long day I was looking forward to trying this restaurant after reading the reviews. I opted for sandwich instead of an entee. I ordered the blue cheese steak wrap ($10.95) which came with your choice of sides. Not an automatic fries, but I could choose fruit salad, or side salad. I opted for fruit this time, the torilla was grilled, combo of flavors between steak, blue cheese, candied pecans was a great combination. It was the right amount of food for me. They also have an excellent wine selection, although I thought their beer choices ok, the focus is on the wine list. I did sit up at the bar, it was comfortable, & received very good service from the bartender. Decor is modern. Entrees are in the $20 range, full salads, $12-14, sandwiches $8-11. Worth the stop.

• Visited November 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice atmosphere but food was underwhelming.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have been to Dish twice and I was not overly impressed. The menu was limited and not very appealing to me. It seemed a bit snooty, which is fine if the food is amazing but sadly it wasn't. I really wanted it to live up to the good reviews.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank NETourismGuru

Been to Dish? Share your experiences!