“Worst place I have stayed since a long time”

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Worst hotel I stayed in since a long long time. Not sure where to begin. I stayed for two nights and did not get any sleep. Too much noise on the floor, young kids totally wasted sitting outside of their rooms yelling at each other. I tried to call the front desk at 3 am to complain but nobody really cared for two nights in a row. I was told that the airport shuttle would leave at 4:30 in the morning so I rushed down to the lobby only to find out that the shuttle does not leave until 5. Oh, well it was not possible to sleep anyway.

Needless to say that this was my first and last time that I am staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. We value our guest feedback and this feedback is critical to us to improve our services to our guests. I do apologize for the noise you experienced from some kids staying on that floor and that your call at 3 am did not get the response you were hoping for. We have discussed your situation with the night auditor that was on to make sure going forward we handle issues like this quickly. Our shuttle does leave at 4:30 am as you were originally told and again I am sorry if you were told differently when you came down for the shuttle. At a minimum we should have offered you transportation. We have discussed this situation with the auditor as well. Thanks again and I do hope you will give us a try again in the future as we continue to transition the hotel after the acquisition by Marcus Hotels and Resorts back in October

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for business, which also happened to be the week before the Nebraska-Minnesota football game. The lobby is so classy looking. I loved the Big Ten flags displayed there too. Lincoln is such a college town and everyone loves their Huskers. As a Minnesota Gopher alum and fan, it didn't feel out of place to be here though, because Nebraskans are SO NICE! Everyone I encountered was helpful and welcoming. The rooms were great! Very well kept! The only thing I noticed was that the way the windows stick out, makes it very easy to see in other rooms if the curtains are not closed, especially if you are on a higher level.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and yes everyone here in Lincoln is very friendly. I also noticed it when I moved here with Marcus Hotels and Resorts. The windows acutally have been a hit with our guests as you can actually look left and right to see more of Lincoln, but you are correct you do can see inside the other room but only the part that sticks out so it really is not obtrusive, but point well taken. We look forward to having you stay with us again and with the upcoming renovations you will continue to see constant improvements going forward. All the best!!

Reviewed 19 December 2012

The property is now officially a Marriott property and since this is a top tier property you expect top tier service. The hotel is beautiful, fantastic location..walking distance to absolutely everything...including the parking garage. Not the most convenient garage, but the prices are reasonable. Stayed here for one night last weekend, we had a group of about 12 staying here. I got a great rate off the marriott website...had to be an introductory rate. We ate and had drinks in the bar on the second level. No beer on tap the night we were there...they need to upgrade this. The server was very friendly and handled the business well. The prices were average, the hot wings we ordered were very good...much better than average. The room was exactly what i would expect...VERY nice...everything functioned well...it was very clean, comfortable...great bed and pillows..Excellent. Here is my only beef...the restaurant for breakfast was out of sorts. The staff kept disappearing, I actually got up and got my own soft drink..service was very erratic. The Omlette station cook was very good..he was apparantly a trainee, but he was great. The oatmeal (my standyby) was awful...holy cow..whoever cooked it must have no idea what its supposed to be..BUT the granola and nuts and fruit for it were well balanced. The bacon was fantastic...Like I said..it was erratic, but they appeared to be trying to install a new crew and get things running. I will absolutely stay here again, I am confident they will get all this sorted out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Texas_Phil
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was and was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us. Still working through some of the changes with the re-branding, but I am pleased with our progress as we have a very good team here at The Cornhusker Hotel. I sat down with out Chef to review your oatmeal comments and we will take a look at the process and quality of the oatmeal over the next few days andwe will make any necessary adjustments necessary. We value the feedback our guests provide. Thanks again and hope you come back soon.

Travellers also viewed these Lincoln hotels
Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Graduate Lincoln
Graduate Lincoln
#12 of 61 in Lincoln
Hilton Garden Inn Lincoln Downtown / Haymarket
Best Western Plus Lincoln Inn & Suites
Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket

Been to The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel

Address: 333 S 13th St, Lincoln, NE 68508-2516 (Formerly The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel)
Region: United States > Nebraska > Lincoln
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Green Hotel in Lincoln
#11 Family Hotel in Lincoln
#12 Business Hotel in Lincoln
#12 Romantic Hotel in Lincoln
Price Range: £85 - £237 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel 3.5*
Capitalize on comfort and quality when staying at The Cornhusker, Dog-Friendly hotel in Lincoln NE. Enter our elegant lobby with its grand staircase and feel right at home with attentive staff, modern amenities, and convenient services. Guest rooms at our luxury Lincoln hotel feature plush bedding and elegant touches for a sound night's slumber, with high-speed Internet access and spacious work areas to boost productivity. Start with breakfast at The Cafe, then join us for lunch and dinner at Miller Time Pub & Grill. In downtime, take a dip in our indoor pool or work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center with Precor machines. Serving guests in the heart of Lincoln, we are located near the University of Nebraska, State Capitol, Haymarket, Railyard District and Pinnacle Bank Arena. Over 46,000 square feet of event space makes our venue ideal for business meetings, conferences, weddings and social soirees. Experience hospitality at its finest at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel Lincoln