“Warm welcome and high quality”

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I arrived here still jetlagged after flying in from Europe via Denver to Lincoln. I was desperate for a room even though it was pre regular check-in time (I arrived around 1.30pm), and the wondrous person on Reception managed to sort me a room within 10 minutes of my arrival, even though they'd been totally full the night before and were expecting several hundred people for the conference I was coming to. The person on Reception also suggested I use Room Service which was *such* a good idea, so I ordered lunch as soon as I got into my lovely room and it arrived speedily (a really delicious burger).
Large room with views to the main town building; nice-size bathroom and large, comfortable bed. Big TV and good internet access (strong signal). I had room service dinner twice during my stay and I have to say the quality was excellent. Room also very quiet - couldn't hear street noise or any noise from other rooms.
I was here for a 500-people conference, and the standard of everything was very high, including the food for so many people.
The staff on Reception were always very calm and unruffled, which was great. They also pointed me to the free business centre where I could print out my boarding pass for my next flight.
After the conference, I had a lovely breakfast in the restaurant, where again the service was excellent - all the more important when you're travelling on your own; you really appreciate it.
When I checked out, the same lady was on Reception, and she remembered me, which was lovely.
When I'm back in Lincoln, I will definitely stay here. Thanks everyone for making me so welcome and for your high standards of service, rooms, food etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Wow! I was very pleased to read your review regarding your stay with us was and how we took care of you every step of the way. We really have a great team here that truly understand what providing great servcie means, especially with international travelers. Hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again soon. All the best!!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our first stay at the Cornhusker Hotel was a wonderful experience. Went to the P!NK concert and had a BALL!. The Cornhusker Hotel made the trip memorable. The staff / accomodations and the shuttle were top notched. The next morning instead of hurrying home--we throughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. WONDERFUL! We will be staying at the Cornhusker Hotel again soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors were quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent the weekend at the Cornhusker November 1st and 2nd. We have stayed there a number of times over the last several years and we have always had a great stay. The rooms are very well appointed and very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We were going to a football game and, unfortunately, left the tickets at home and the staff was very helpful in getting that corrected for us by helping us get e-tickets in our hands Friday evening. There is a very convenient parking garage right around the corner from the hotel and there is an entrance into the hotel from the garage so it couldn't be more convenient. Everything is in easy walking distance including the Nebraska Bookstore, if you're so inclined. All in all, we have always been very pleased, and a good nights sleep on a very good mattress seals the deal!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Great to read you had a super stay with us and that we could assist you with the tickets. We take great pride and satisfaction in taking care of our guests and obviously we achieved our goal with your visit. Look forward to having you return again in the future. All the best!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I choose Marriott hotels as often as possible when traveling due to the level of quality I know I will receive. The Cornhusker is no exception to this. I stayed here in October 2013 on business and had an excellent stay. The rooms were very clean and I had a quiet atmosphere to do some work before heading to the office the next morning. The Miller Time restaurant was a great place to go and watch baseball championships while having a nice dinner and drinks. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous at all times and the shuttle to and from the airport makes life much easier. The additional benefit is being just a short walk or cab ride from the infamous Haymarket where there are plenty of options for restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share you stay with us and all the other readers. We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Service was outstanding throughout the hotel - their people care! I was greeted in a friendly manner and checked out in a friendly manner. Car valet service was outstanding and the restaurant was perfect.

Room Tip: Any room is fine - views from all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I was pleased to read you had a great stay with us and really appreciate you takeing the time to share your experiences with our readers. We do have a great staff who enjoy taking care of our guests. Hope you come back and visit soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience. I don't see how it could have been any better. We were in Lincoln for our daughter's wedding. The Cornhusker is a Lincoln landmark. My mother as so many brides envisioned walking down the beautiful wooden staircase on her Wedding day, as so many brides do. Our daughter fulfilled all of our dreams. We watched and took many pictures as she walked down the great staircase (envision the staircase Gone With The Wind). All of our dreams fufilled. The staff were all that you could hope for, especially during a special occasion. The beautifully restored hotel featured all of the accmmodations that we have come to expect from Marriott. If you want a very special place for a special occasion, or even for an overnight, you can't go wrong at the Cornhusker.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CHarperGM, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Congratulations on the wedding!! Thank you for sharing your families experience with us and I was pleased we could make this occasion truly special. All the best going forward to you and the bride and groom.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Everything about my stay was great. Easy check-in, clean room, room service was on time and good food. Had an issue with the heating in the room but once I called the front desk, we had it fixed within 20-30 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family