“Cornhusker Marriott, a great place to stay in Lincoln!”

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Cornhusker Marriott, a great place to stay in Lincoln!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I want to recommend the Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln, NE. The staff are pleasant and truly attentive to your every need. Every morning you are greeted with a smile. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The newly renovated dining areas are a welcome at the end of a hard day! I plan to stay there every time I am in Lincoln.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This place has the worst customer service I think I've ever experienced in a hotel. Unfortunately my wife and I were in the room next to the concierge lounge which meant that from 8am we were kept awake by the constant (every 30 seconds or so) of people going in and out the door for breakfast, the door slammed like a regular hotel room door. I called down and asked them if they could prop the door open or something, they said they would but did nothing and after 20 minutes I just gave up and got up. They didn't even offer to move us.
The next night we had a problem with the air conditioning and reported it, they said that maintenance would come around the next day. Maintenance did come knocking on our door at 7:45am (Sunday) then tried to enter our room, I yelled at them to come back. Within 10 minutes, and after settling back down, the front desk in their wisdom decided to call me to tell me that maintenance had tried to enter our room! It didn't really matter since the door slamming started shortly after. Needless to say we didn't really get to relax nor rest.
To top it all I then had to fight with the front desk at check-out since they tried to overcharge me more than $100 on my bill.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ian71037
Charles H, General Manager at The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Ian I sincerely apologize for what you experienced during your stay. Based on your feedback we will be installing a self closing mechanism to minimize the noise you experienced during your stay. Typically we would not know which room you stayed in via these social website feedback unless you offered it, but based on your detail on the concierge lounge door noise we believe it was room 1020. We are checking the HVAC unit for issues as you shared and will make any necessary fixes. I am sorry for the lack of quick response to this issue. Please give me a call at the hotel so I can try and make it right for you and hope we can have you stay with us again. Chuck Harper 402 474 7474.
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was undergoing renovations, but in spite of that, it was a very nice stay. We had driven about 8 hours from Chicago and really needed a good rest before starting out the next morning for Denver. Upon arrival, I noticed that there were some people looking like they were there to party, so I asked for a quiet area of the hotel if possible. The man who checked us in smiled and made sure we were put into a very quiet area. All of the hotel staff were polite and professional.

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and we got the rest that we needed.
We booked the room on Priceline, and were happy with the price we paid, I think $84.

The restaurant/bar was a very strange experience, but only because of the server. She obviously was suffering from either a drug-induced behavior or perhaps an emotional breakdown situation. There were only two of us in our party, but she managed to get our orders wrong with lots of time between visits only to find that she had not given us what we were supposed to get. Anyway, the restaurant is probably not even affiliated with the hotel, so should not reflect badly on the hotel. I guess I can review it separately.

The location was good. Parking was $9.

The shower head was not working properly, so only about half of the holes were working on it, the others were clogged.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a frequent guest at this hotel, a landmark in downtown Lincoln, I have been impressed with the solidarity and professional service maintained by the staff during a transition time in recent years. Now the Cornhusker, reestablished as a Marriott, is nearing the end of refurbishing and remodeling, from guest rooms to food options to workout facilities to entryway. It's wonderful. Some staff have moved on, however the current staff represents the best of Lincoln and the Marriott. Well done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Clarks Hill, Indiana
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was clean, neat and super comfortable beds! Employees were very polite, friendly and caring. Breakfast was delicious and well-stocked. The pool was very clean and refreshing to swim in. I recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Toledo
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at the Cornhusker within 5 years and once again we had a great stay. The beds were very comfortable despite only being full size but the night's sleep was great. Remodeling is underway as well. Concierge level was pleasant to enjoy. Great location to everything.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Cornhusker by Marriott is an older hotel with lots of extras and a wonderful staff. The rooms were large and very nice. The restaurant was excellent with good service and great food. I enjoyed my stay and will return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business