“Great Rate-allows pets” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 60 Hotels in Lincoln
Dublin, Texas
“Great Rate-allows pets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We have stayed here numerous times when we return to my home state. You get what you pay for. I say that in a positive way and am
Astounded at some of these reviews. People... You are paying about $50/night! You are not checking into the Taj Majal!! It's an average hotel that allows pets! It suits the purpose. A quick place to lay your head at night. If I was paying $100+ a night, I'd be disappointed but this place is a great value!! It's a basic room-a clean room! The only suggestion I have for people is to request a south room so you are not on the bar side. Patrons there can be noisy making their way out at closing time. I do not get the uproar about the state Pen being close by. The hotel is not on the State Pen grounds!! I have never had a problem here and will continue staying here on each trip! Thanks to management for providing us a clean and reasonably priced to stay!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I booked this room through Priceline as I have 40+ rooms in the past year but this one was a new experience for my wife and I. Generally when we book through priceline for whatever reason we usually seem to get a room with one King bed which is awesome and occasionally we get a Queen. On this occasion at check in the very pleasant desk clerk went on about how the reason we got this room cheaper online was because it only had one double bed, then she went on to mention it only had a shower stall and not a full tub like every other room etc. Since there was literally 6 vehicles in the parking lot for this relatively large hotel I asked about being placed into a room with a queen bed. I was then first told it was the Manager's position that anyone who wants an upgrade from a priceline deal is a $20 fee, then I was told this was a Wyndham properties policy and out of their control. Out of principal I declined and took the room as booked. My basic feeling is they are trying to circumvent the basic principal of sites like priceline and hotwire by putting you in an upgraded closet and then trying to force an upgrade on you which would have you paying a higher rate then what you could have gotten nice accommodations for down the street. Very short sited business plan in my opinion, considering the place was near empty.

Booking issue aside let's move onto the actual room review. The room was the size of a decent walk in closet. The carpet was worn well beyond it's lifespan and there wasn't even the remotest chance I was walking on it without shoes on my feet. The rest of the room was "acceptably" clean. In the bathroom the shower stall only had one functioning door, so to turn the shower on you had the choice of being a circus contortionist or getting blasted by that initial wave of cold water until you can get the temperature correct.

I will avoid using the name your own price feature of priceline at that star level to ensure I never end up in this place again during our travels through Lincoln.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug E
ramadaltdgm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
When you made your reservation thru Priceline, the room type that they booked was a room with one double bed and a shower. I do want to apologize for the desk clerk mis leading you, she could have upgraded you at no additional charge since we are in our slower season.

Please do contact the manager on duty if this should happen again, we do appreciate your business, I do hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at the Ramada Hotel August 23rd - August 28th and I'm so glad I did. It was my first time travelling alone, and I bussed to Lincoln from Victoria, BC, Canada. I'm only 18 so you can imagine how afraid I was of being by myself. I always felt safe and at home in the hotel. Denise, one of the ladies at the front desk, was the most helpful person I met in Lincoln! She gave me directions to everywhere I needed to go. The pool was refreshing, especially since the weather was so hot when I was there. The room and bed was extremely comfortable. Next time I'm in Lincoln I will DEFINITELY be staying here :)
Breakfast was also great. And the RoadHouse Bar and Grill in the parking lot next to the hotel was fabulous, got take out there almost every night. Friendly people, friendly staff. Great stay :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed here July 26, 2011. We left our video camera next to the TV. Although it was our fault we left the camera behind, "they never found it", and reported that all of their employees are completely honest. Obviously not, when we know exactly where the camera was and it was never turned in. They were not honest and I have called several times. I filed a police report.
I have been calling them and they keep saying they will return my call but never do.
The room was inexpensive, but stained and old. The girl behind the front desk on July 26 was extremely pleasant. In fact we watched a thunder and hail storm together outside that evening. Guess the housekeeping and manager are not so honest and kind.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pollypocket21
ramadaltdgm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
I did not call the guest back right away because I wanted to speak wth the housekeeper who had been off since this guest had called me. After speaking with the housekeeper she informed me that she had found nothing left in the room. I went and double checked all maid carts and storage closets, and I checked the room myself and I did not find the camera. The guest had checked out on the 27th and did not contact me until the 1st of July. My housekeepers always turn in items that are left behind, and we will mail items back to the guest when they are turned in.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Spent five business days at this hotel and while the accommodations will never be called luxurious, they are very comfortable. Check-in was a pleasant experience and the staff went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. The hotel provides free hot breakfast, a pool, a public use computer (with laser printer), is clean and quiet, and is located within a five minute drive to downtown and to many restaurants and shopping areas.

Located across the parking lot of the hotel is the "Roadhouse Bar and Grill” - again nothing fancy, just a local watering hole with friendly staff and engaging customers. They serve typical bar grub which was good.

My only (minor) "complaints" of the hotel is the shower - you have to be under sorta 5 feet tall to stand beneath the shower spray (at least in the room I stayed in, room 130), just always a pet peeve of mine! In addition, adjusting the water temperature was nearly impossible - the slightest adjustment sent the water from scalding to luke warm....again, just a pet peeve, but nothing that should deter anyone from staying at this very reasonable (amazingly inexpensive!) and totally accommodating hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Abitaturbo
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

I've stayed here numerous times & love this motel. It's older, yes, & scenery isn't like you're on an island but for Lincoln, NE the location, price and above all, the manager, Doug, make it an above average place. Pool is nice, complimentary breakfast is good & room rates are excellent.

Pam
Illinois

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, once in July 07 and again in June 08.

I have to say, as average and run-of-the-mill as this hotel is, I absolutely LOVE it. The price can't be beat, the continental breakfast is phenomenal and plentiful, and every time I've visited I've had the entire well-maintained pool area to myself.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable (maybe a bit on the small side). However, they could use some modern decor. I've never had a problem with unclean sheets or bathrooms that needed maintenance. During this trip I was traveling with my fiance so we needed extra pillows, and the front desk staff went out on a hunt to find us extras (the hotel was booked solid). Great service!

The breakfast has always been above average at this Ramada. You can even make home-made waffles on the easy-to-use waffle iron.

The outdoor pool is my main reason for staying at this hotel. Each time I've visited, my fiance and I have had the whole pool to ourselves. It's not a huge pool, but it's not tiny either. Half of the pool is in the sun, and the other half is in the shade thanks to it being nestled in a little cove surrounded by rooms and a deck outside. I think the deep end is 9 feet. The pool is meticulously maintained with a local radio station playing quietly in the background.

The one off-putting factor about this hotel is that it sits across the street from the state prison, lol! I've never felt unsafe however, because the area itself is a nice part of town, lots of green space and not too close to the hustle and bustle of downtown.

Like I said, this is just your average hotel. It's not a luxury property by any means, but it's maintained well and the price is just right. There are enough little extras that guarantee I'll keep staying at this property when I'm in Lincoln!

• Liked — The pool and the breakfast
  • Disliked — Across from the state penn, lol!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple