“loved our time”

Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Norfolk, Nebraska
“loved our time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

randy and the staff were excellent. we stayed during memorial day weekend. impressed by the facilities and the quick responses we got to our requests. thank you for making our time there enjoyable and relaxing. can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Abe S
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Abe,

Thank you for your kind words and for completing a review on TripAdvisor. We are excited that you had a great stay. We look forwardto seeing you the next time that you are in teh Lincoln area.

Randy E. Dee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a family funeral that happened to also be over a holiday. We were very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff who made every effort to accomodate our request to extend our initial reservation from a single night to a whole week. Breakfast every morning was wonderful and the breakfast coordinator was friendly and accomodating. The breakfast coordinator even offered to have breakfast available early for us since we needed an early check-out on our last morning. The room was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff were wonderful. I really loved having a full fridge, microwave and dishes/silverware available in the room which allowed us to reheat leftovers. Thank you for helping make our stay pleasant and comfortable during a very difficult time for our family. The only negative was that a group of people were quite loud around the fire pit (right below our room window) until at least midnight on one of the nights, which kept us from sleeping. We were about to call the front desk about it but then the group started to disperse. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Lincoln!

Room Tip: If you like to turn in early or are a light sleeper, request a room that does NOT overlook the fire...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RMC601
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
RMC601,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry that your stay with us was not for the holiday like most of the other guests in the hotel during your stay. Attending the funeral of a loved one can be tough. My prayers go out to you for your loss. It does sound like our staff made your stay as pleasent as possible. Jon, our breakfast host, does go above and beyond. The staff service is one of the items that makes us stand out from other hotels.

I do apologize that you had to deal with some loud guests that were enjoying our firepit. This is something that we will watch for in the future. If somebody is staying due to a funeral, we will ensure not to assign them a room close to the firepit.

We do hope that you can stay with us again in the future for more pleasent reason. We look forward to seeing you for future stays.

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

While I was there,I had to do several business transactions.They were very helpful.They had the breakfast in the mornings which changed every morning so it wasn’t the same.
They offered to make me waffles one morning while they were setting up breakfast because I had to leave early.Excellent customer service..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Barbara M
Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. It sounds like we went above and beyond your expectations. That is just a normal day for our staff. We do not believe in just meeting the standards. We strive to exceed them. Our motto is "The answer is YES, what is the question?"

The next time your travels bring you our way, we look forward to taking care of your every need on your future stays.

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Reception was fine - a little formal though. Our room was a studio as I avoid the one bedroom layout because the space around the bed is tight. The bed slept fine and the pillows were comfortable. Our room could really have benefitted from a night light on the wall between the bed area and bathroom as the area was very dark. Expeditions to the bathroom at night had to be approached carefully. I have noticed that the floor plan for the newer RIs has the sink area exposed to the bedroom. This is not conducive to two people sharing the room when they rise at different times. Lights turned on by someone using the sink aren’t pleasant when you are still sleeping! We were there on a Thursday and were able to attend the evening reception. There was no ice available to go with the fountain sodas. We had a choice of soups, a salad and sweet rolls - not the best I have had at an RI but far from the worst. Breakfast was fine but I did go to get a spoon (the last in the bucket). The spoon was dirty and the bucket was also dirty. The attendant immediately got the container and replaced it with a clean container with clean spoons. His comment was that maybe something happened the night before - I did wonder about all the folks (including my husband) who had used spoons from the dirty container earlier. One last thing about ice - I had to do something at this hotel that I don’t like to do and don’t have to do at most RIs: I had had to turn on the ice maker in the room in order to have ice. I got to listen to it dispensing throughout the night as I wanted enough to top off my small ice chest in the morning. Most RIs at least have ice available in the kitchen but this one did not. A final note - I asked the clerk at the reception desk when I was departing if the hotel recycled. The reply I received was that she had no idea. I took my empty soda cans with me.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AGoingGal
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
AGoingGal,

I want to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am trying to determine why you ranked us average. You are only one of two people out of 108 that rank us as average. You stated a lot of little issues caused this. I would like to address each of your concerns.

You mentioned the bathroom being set up strange if people wake at different times. On the flipside, our bathroom is perfect for those that wake at the same time. One person can use the commode of shower while the other uses the sink area. This set up is how every house that I have owned was set up. Again, I understand that this was not your prefence. The majority of our guests love this set up.

Our rooms are a great deal larger than most hotel rooms so I could unserdstand what you mean by it being an expedition to the bathroom at night.

You mentioned that the Social was not what you expected. The Social is supposed to be a light meal. Most Residence Inns only have a Social 2-3 times a week. We choose to have it 4 times a week and to have a very light Soup, Salad & Sweets night on Thursdays as this is our slower night and not many attend. While I understand that many people enjoy ice in the soda. Our Soda machine dispenses the drinks at 45 degrees. We have ice available upon request. Enxt time youo stay please ask.

As for the ice maker in the room. At Residence Inn, we try to make it feel like your house not a hotel. You would not have a giant, loud ice machine at your house. Since all of our rooms have full size refrigerators, like at home, they have ice makers in the freezer. If you do not want to use the ice maker, we have complimentary ice available in our freezer in the Market area. Again, please ask and we will direct you where to obtain it.

I do apologize for finding a dirty spoon in the container. I do like that we recovered and immediately got a new spoon for you and cleaned the container.

Finally, our hotel is proud of the fact that we are a Green Leader. We do more than most to assist the enviroment. We have a complete recycling area where you can place paper, glass, plastic and cans all is seperate containers fro recycling. I think you may have misunderstood the desk clerk.

We would encourage you to stay with us again. It sounds like you had a Very Good, almost Excellent stay with a few minor issues. Knowing what we have explained, we think you would have a perfect stay nex time.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at this location recently as part of our business trip. We wer there for a total of 8 days. The staff was very nice and professional. Randy was a great cook and greeted us with a smile each day after work. The breakfast and managers reception was good.
However, I did not have an exceptional experience with the housekeeping staff. I had dropped popcorn on my floor next to the bed on day one of our stay. They never brought the vaccum in to clea the room until I asked to have my room vaccumed. I thought with this request, they would sweep or mop my bathroom floor. No, I noticed hair on my floor the whole time I was there from me brushing and it was never cleaned. Also, my first night taking a shower there was a razor guard in the tub, this indicated to me, the bath tub was never cleaned from the prior guest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Arlise
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Arlise,

Thank you for reviewing on hotel on TripAdvisor.com. And thank you for the kind words about me. I would not call myself a cook, but we try to make the food great so you do not have to go out to eat.

I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping staff. Part of being an Extended Stay Hotel is that we do not do full cleans of rooms everyday. We do come in a do what we call a "Refresh", where we make the bed, take out the thrash and replinish towels. It is our part of helping the enviroment while makig it a more homelike feel. However, if the staff sees something that needs to be done, they should be doing it. Popcorn and hair on the floor shoud have been picked up. I do apologize that this was not done.

Again, thank you for your comments. If we do not know it is broke, we cannot fix it. By commenting, you are giving us the opportunity to improve for your future stays.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here while I was changing jobs they staff was very friendly and helpful! The breakfast and managers receptions are wonderful, thank you for being great hosts. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. I loved this hotel so much I'm booing it for my up coming wedding! Ty has been a great help!! I can't wait! If you stay here I'm sure you will love it too!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sara S
Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. It means we are doing it right when you stay with us and come back, but not only are you coming back, you are bringing your family and friends. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You hit it right on the head. Ty will bend over backwards for our guests. He does not know how to say no and his attention to every little detail is great. It is one of the reasons why we have repeat guests and groups.

We look forward to seeing you and your guests for your wedding. If there is anything we can do to make it absolutely perfect, please let us know.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

When I had a temporary housing need between homes, I looked at several options and none of them were as good as the options and flexibility provided by Ty Wright and his staff. The rooms are better than apartment options I found and the furnishings from the kitchen to the living room to the bath room and the bed room were very nice. When you accompany that with the amenities of the pool, exercise area, breakfasts, dinners, and social it becomes very easy to manage the time between homes. Overall, I would highly recommend anyone in a similar situation to talk to Ty and his staff and see what they can do to help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn Lincoln South, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com. We really enjoyed having you with us at the hotel. I think every member of the staff, including myself, gave you you input on where to look for a house. I know you and Ty were looking for houses at the same time, so he was very helpful in sending you in the right direction.

You are correct that our rooms are better than apartment options. We offer all the nice things about an apartment without the headache. You get a nice big room with living area and full kitchen. Then you also get your cable TV, internet and the rest of the extras without having to set up service like you would at an executive apartment. You also mentioned the hot breakfasts and the evening manager socials. Why would anybody choose to stay in an apartment over a Residence Inn room while looking for a house?

We hope that you are able settle into Lincoln and can make it your home. Even though you are not a guest anymore, if you need anything to assist, please let us know.