“Great "Fire Pit" to relax and enjoy”

Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for a week, it was a 20 minute drive from Pershing Auditorium, but worth it. Ty and Carol knew us by name and were very attentive. The staff was available to help, example, I was having trouble getting our boarding passes to print, staff at the desk quickly solved the computer problem. There are two computers in the lobby for guests. There's a touch of elegance at dinner time, wine in glass stemware is served by the desk staff. Rooms were clean, we had a big two room/two bathroom suite w/ kitchen/living room. Favorite feature was the outdoor fire pit, a great place to relax or to eat at the patio tables, and a big grill for guests to use. We met families who were staying for a couple of days (a little girl was making smores at the fire pit) to people that were staying for an extended time for their job (a small group was using the grill). The guests we chatted with were all happy with the accommodations. Thank you Ty for all professionalism with our reservations! To to Carol who made sure she gave us a hug before we left!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank irenesb
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Irene,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We pride ourselves in the level of service we provide to our guests. When you stay with us, you become part of our family. You got the whole point of our Manager's Socials. It is to have guest socialize with other guests. We do think it is awesome that we have the fire pit. Nothing is more relaxing than sitting next to the fire pit either reading a book or toasting smores or hot dog.

We are excited that you had a great stay. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here because I was attending classes at a location near the hotel, and we were given a little price break on the room. It was still more than I usually spend on hotels, but not by much. It's a new facility, and to be honest, it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere, apparently Lincoln is trying to develop that area. But, it was perfect for us. It was a little bit of a drive to go somewhere, but I prefer quiet anyways. Used the pool two nights out of the three, and both nights I had it to myself, which was awesome. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast..usually scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, assorted breads/pastries, yogurt, cereal...good selection and not just toast and coffee. The front desk was helpful and courteous, although we didn't ask for or need anything out of the ordinary. Only dealt with them at checkin/out. If you are staying there, I recommend The Press Box (bar and grill) on the corner of highway 2 and 56th street. Just up the road from the hotel. Very good food. Oh, and we tried Super Taco one night...was good. Anyways, would stay here again, no issues at all. Room was very clean. Bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori H
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Lori,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com You are correct, we are located in a peaceful area of Village Gardens in Lincoln. Most other hotels are located next to busy/noisy streets or even across the street from a Fire Station. (As one guest told me that was fun when they got a call at 3am.)

We have all the amenities that guests love. You mentioned that pool. We have the hot tub, fully equipped exercise room, full size refrigerators and other appliances in every room and a fire pit to relax by outside. Something other hotels do not have that we offer is a manager's social four nights a week.

So yes, we are not near to downtown, but I think that is a great thing. Our guests can relax and not deal with all the noise. Then if they want to go downtown, it is only a few minutes away. It is truly one of our best benefits. Again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed there when attending a show at the Pinewood Bowl Amphitheater. The hotel was a 15 minute drive. It had a kitchen which all Residence Inn's do, which was nice, but this one had a nice 2 room suite which was great since we were traveling with another couple. The website said one room had a Queen and one room had a queen, but both rooms had a King bed.

This hotel wasn't near downtown, though. I probably would stay closer to more shopping and dining if I had a choice, but this hotel was quiet and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coloartist1

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are excited that you had a great stay. The Two Bedroom Suites are giant. We have whole families stay in them for several months comfortable.

I did check and the second sleeping room is a Queen Bed. I guess you were so comfortable that it felt like a King. We are located in South Lincoln. While we are not located in downtown, like you stated we are only a 15 minute drive away. You get the best of both worlds, peace and quiet, but close enough to all areas of interest.

We look forward to hosting you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Lincoln because we were there for work. The place was always busy, I had ready serveal of the reviews before we got there and thought it was going to be a fantastic place to stay but it was just a regular Residence Inn there was nothing special. I still can't figure out why they were so busy. The place was clean and the staff were friendly. The only problem we had was they keep trying to put us in a handicap room and when we decided to take a studio instead of the 1 bedroom there was no vent over the stove top. If we have to come back to Lincoln we will stay here again, we love Marriott

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CJ196
Randy D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lincoln South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

CJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I do apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I wished I knew more information about you and when you stayed so I can give you an answer as to why we were so busy or why your room ype was in such confusion.
Our hotel is the only Marriott Brand hotel on the south side of Lincoln so we are always busy during the summer months. Being that our hotel is almost brand new, several people choose us over our competition.
Before your next stay, reach out to me and I will make sure that your get the right room. We do look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Lincoln area.

randy.dee@marriott.com

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Besides being a lovely, comfortable suite. the staff went out of their way to help me, especially John, Paige, and Darie during my stay of May 28-29th when my van developed an awful noise. John especially helped by diagnosing the problem and recommending an auto shop who was able to get me to the right mechanic and saved me much time and money. I highly recommend the residence Inn Lincoln South for a most pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jorene w

Jorene,

Thank you for your review of out hotel and the kind words about our staff. I have shared your comments with them. This is an example of how we see our guests as more than just guests. When you check in, we treat you just like we would our best friend. We do not think outside of the box. To us... there is no box. We want your stay to be a perfect "10".

We hope to see you next time that you are in town!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

While on business and having to travel over the 4th of July holiday through Lincoln, NE, I had the great fortune to stay here. Very well appointed with a workout room with latest life fitness equipment with TV monitors but the best thing was that unlike most hotels the temperature was cool. Could use more equipment. If they were busy the one elliptical would definitely not suffice. Also had an outdoor basketball court and had basketballs ready to use. Quite unique! A very clean setting indoors and out and friendly staff everywhere. Great for kids as there were quite a few there with big smile on their faces. The free breakfast had more to offer than typically found at other Residence Inns. A microwave in the breakfast area would be good add here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul01258546

Paul,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. We are just as excited that our hotel is much different than other hotels. At Residence Inn, we try to make it feel as much like home as possible.
I do want to make sure that you know. We have two elliptical machines in the exercise area. The elliptical is actually my favorite machine to use as it is not as hard on the knees. Our exercise room has two elliptical machines, two tread mills, a bike and free weights.
I agree that one elliptical would not been enough. I wished we had 3-4. Since it sounds like you had a great stay, I assume we will see you in the future!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We always try to stay here when in Lincoln which is quite often. The one bedroom suite is perfect for our family of 3 and our son like to bring his basketball and shoot hoops. The rooms are always clean and it is honestly one of the only hotels in which I get a good nights sleep, seriously. The breakfast is good with a nice selection. The hotel staff is always helpful and pleasant. We stay so often that my husband is on a first name basis with Ty and Carol recognizes him when he goes to check in; they are what help to make this hotel so nice! The hotel can get pretty busy on game weekends, but we have never had a problem with security or noise. We would highly recommend this hotel, especially for families.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ShelleyA564

Shelley,

Your review says it all!!! It is favorite hotel in Lincoln too. Our One Bedroom Suites are giant compared to our hotel rooms. I absolutely love that you have two TVs and the bedroom area is private from the sitting area. For longer stays, this room have the full kitchen like all of our rooms, but also includes a full stove/oven.
As you said, we are always busy. Make your reservation early to make sure you get in. If you are coming for any Nebraska Football Games, make your reservation now. We look forward to seeing you again.