“Not as website shows”

Inn and Suites Lincoln
Ranked #57 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This GuestHouse Inn is more like a 60's flashback. Does have a very large pool but the hot tub had green slime at the bottom when we stopped. In disrepair and everything is dated and worn. The front desk staff was very nice and responsive to our request for a fan (since a/c didn't work - only heat), 1st assigned room smelled of "weed". Kept finding things unacceptable and checked out before settling in for the evening. Hope you owners invest in many updates -- could be a nice facility.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sing4fun10

Reviewed 26 June 2011

We are locals who just wanted a family fun staycation for the kids. We had been here a few years ago and it was great, this time however was a completly different story. As a lot of others have said it is dirty, stinky, unkept property and the breakfast should not be allowed to qualify as breakfast. The "hot" tub was colder than the heated indoor pool. The worst part of it was our family got to spend hours together sitting outside our room because the locks did not work. They knew this was a problem but decided not to fix it until one parent with four kids sat in the hallway and front desk for over two hours complaining. They had to wait for maintenance who was busy sleeping in! The worst part is when we finally got in and went to check out not only was there no compensation for our troubles but no even an apology for any of it. I will not stay here again!

Room Tip: There is no good room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank disappointed0256
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Whatever you do, DON"T stay here. This place smells and is so dirty I did not sleep at all. It made me sick to have my son there with us. If we were not in a group(baseball team), we would have left. The place was so disgusting that I did not even go to the restaurant. No way was I eating anything made in that building. Seriously, this needs to be torn down. I don't see how they pass inspections...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank goodboy24
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Great price for a hotel w/ a big pool, bar on site and great restaurant! everyone was nice and friendly. Was there for birthday party with family and everyone enjoys the pool!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank katiekatie11
Reviewed 22 April 2011

As part of a convention group, I stayed at Guest House for the first (and last) time in April 2011. It took some time for anyone to acknowledge me at the front desk. Then they couldn't find my reservation. When I handed them a print-out of the confirmation, I was told that I had given them the wrong spelling of my name. Um, it's the same as on my license, when she had typed in. Over 15 minutes later, I finally had a card to my room. I went over, and it took several tries to get the door to unlock. What I didn't realize is, I could have just pushed the door open. The room had been broken into at some point and never fixed, so it didn't lock properly. So, back to get a replacement room.

The second room had no temperature control. Oh, there was a thermostat, but it did nothing. It was simply HOT the whole time I was there. The tv remote worked for only two things: increasing the volume and turning the tv on and off. The buttons on the tv had been broken off, so the channel could not change, nor would the volume decrease.

The staff was universally rude and unhelpful. The the restaurant was the worst part of the whole experience. The waitresses were the rudest, most unhelpful people I have had the displeasure of meeting in any hotel stay. The salad bar does not get refreshed (I looked in in the middle of the night, and the same stuff was there, they didn't even bother to put it in the fridge!). The "free breakfast" is a joke. HALF a slice of toast (not even a full slice cut in half, just the half slice), half a slice of bacon, and half of one egg. Anything else, that's extra.

When I did order actual food there, not counting the toddler's special above, it was not quite frozen, but pretty close. Since I had twice seen waitresses drop coffee cups on the floor and then put them back in with the "clean" coffee cups, I was afraid of what would happen if I sent something back. Sorry, biscuits and gravy shouldn't be slimy, and the biscuits should not be something that can be used as road construction material.

Despite what their website claims, the building is NOT handicapped accessible. If your meeting is downstairs, it is literally down the stairs. No elevator, escalator, or alternate way to get down there. I saw women with walkers struggling to get up/down them (yes, I helped them), and one wheelchair-bound fellow gave up on the trip and went home, unable to participate.

Sunday, a barrier of some sort of thick slime coated the top of the pool, which was quickly closed.

The hotel would have been ideally built in a place like Arizona, where there is little to no rain. Instead, it's in Nebraska. It rained through the whole weekend, and the roof was apparently not engineered for so much as a drop. Rain leaked EVERYWHERE. You had to watch where you were going, because you couldn't walk three steps without stopping to avoid yet another puddle.

The place was a complete disaster, beginning to end, and I for one will never stay at this location again. There is simply far too much that they need to do to fix it, and it's obvious they won't spend the money to do.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else. Anywhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank OmahaStar
Reviewed 3 April 2011

The pool and whirlpool were closed for repair. The hallway was so noisey at night. We complained by phone & in person to the front desk & they refused to do anything. A fight broke out at 4:30 AM resulting in a girl getting pushed out the second floor window resulting in the cops being called & an ambulance. The resturant service was terrible & the food coupon a rip off.

Room Tip: Go to the Americinn
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank safemomb
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I booked this motel for three nights last-minute due to almost every other place in town being full on Husker game day. The price wasn't too bad, but I soon found out why. Most of the lamps in the room didn't work, the lock near the top of the door was broken, and sleep was almost impossible in the very early mornings with all the children running up and down the hallways and shouting near the pool area. We were also harrassed by a group of Latino men, who followed my friend and I up to our room, smiled and winked at us everywhere, cat-called us in the parking lot, and peeked in our room. One of them knocked on our door for a good 20 minutes, mumbling something in Spanish. We barricaded our door with the two chairs in the room at night before we slept because we felt unsafe with them around. DO NOT STAY HERE. I know I won't be again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends