“Wonderful stay - friendly staff”

Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We originally wanted to reserve a room only for one night to come to Lincoln for the Nebraska game. The person we spoke to up-sold us to stay for two nights. Since we live in Omaha, we made a mini-vacation out of it and brought our kids up for the first night to go swimming and hang out and the second night we came back for the game. The staff was helpful. The suite was clean and comfortable and the shuttle is a great idea for those coming in for the football game. We hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jerikson, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you very much for the review! We hope to see you again as well!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here the last 2 times we went to visit his family in Lincoln.
We live in Europe, so we are a long way from home but the Chase Suite hotel will become our hotel every time we come to Lincoln now! Even though it's only a "sleeping base" for us, for obvious reasons, we had a great stay every time. The breakfast is good and plentiful! And the staff is nice and courteous.
Only a suggestion though: We booked our room well in advance as we usually plan quite in advance when we come to Lincoln. When we arrived we were given (at the front desk) a pack n play for our 5 months old son. We had to put it together ourselves after we flew so many hours and figured a mattress for the kid (I put together few blankets to make the bottom fluffy). I would have expected to find the bed for the child already put together and made for us!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Jerikson, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We can absolutely have the crib ready for you the next time you come. Just mention that request the next time you make your reservation, and we will ensure that everything is ready and waiting for your arrival! I truly appreciate your review!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The staff is always accommodating ... room was fresh and clean -- the beds are very comfortable. I have stayed here numerous times and will continue to book at this hotel each time I return to Lincoln. Thank you for your nice and friendly staff and a clean and comfortable place to lodge while away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We will look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent suite. Received a complimentary upgrade. Highly recommended! Plan to stay here again the next time we need a place in Lincoln, Nebraska. It's like staying in a lodge rather than a hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2013

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lincoln!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I travel for business frequently and pleasure occasionally, but have never experienced a place that requires a 24-hour notice for cancellation. We reserved a room for two nights. I called to reserve the room rather than reserving online. The person I reserved the room with said she would email me my confirmation. I waited a couple hours and did not get the email confirmation, so I called back. This time a gentleman told me it was okay, that I didn't need the email confirmation, and that the reservation was on the books and everything was good. The day we were to travel to Lincoln, my husband was ill and could not travel so we had to cancel the room for that evening. When I called (early afternoon) the gentleman said there was a 24-hour notice required to cancel a reservation, so I would owe for that night even if we did not come. He said I could cancel the following night, but I didn't because we would be coming, just a day later, and needed a place to stay. Any other place I've stayed lets me cancel up to 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon of the day of the reservation. So I was not prepared for this unexpected expense, but I guess it was my fault for not insisting on a confirmation which (hopefully?) would have explained this policy to me. I do not see this policy on their website, and I never would have thought to ask. I will ask in the future when I make reservations. The room was okay, a bit tired but still comfortable. Unfortunately, we needed to leave by 7:30 a.m. the following morning (Sunday) but the breakfast was not served yet, so we didn't even get a piece of toast. So that cost us extra for breakfast at a restaurant. Overall not a good experience.

Room Tip: Everything is close to "O" Street, so there's a lot of noisy cars/motorcycles up and d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne R
Jerikson, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

I'm sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication with your reservation. Normally our confirmation system is completely automated, so it is odd that you did not receive yours. 24-hour cancellations have become quite common in the hotel industry over the last several years, and in order to keep our rates at the excellent value they currently are, we need to require this one stipulation. I was also sorry to hear that you missed our breakfast--in fact, it sounds like you just barely missed it! Breakfast starts at 7:30am on the weekends, so you only missed our delicious selection by about a minute. Please come back sometime in the future, and we will be sure to treat you to a wonderful experience--breakfast included!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

From the beginning to end of our stay we did not have a great time.the appearance of the hotel was acceptable and the rooms were ok. The computers messed up the printer did not work. The food was not appetising and grubby.
At the end of our stay we were poorly treated by the employee at the desk and were falsely charged 86$ with no refund even after e-mailing the manager.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Quobbink

I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience. It looks like the additional charge you received was a legitimate half-day fee for checking out several hours after our regular check-out time of 12pm. Also, we did experience some minor difficulties with our Business Center computers due to acts of outside tampering, but the issues were quickly resolved as soon as we were alerted to them. I apologize for any inconvenience you suffered as a result. I do, however, admit a considerable amount of surprise at hearing of your experience with our breakfast. We consistently receive accolades for the quality and selection of the food items we serve for our Breakfast and Social Hour, so it comes as a shock to me that you found them lacking. Again, I'm sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations on this visit, and I hope you will give us another chance at some point in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've stayed here 5-6 times. While yes, it could use some sprucing up, I just love the lay out and the staff. I attempt to stay here every time I'm in Lincoln on business. The rooms have a nice kitchenette, full size frig, range, oven, microwave, etc. Every room I've been in has a working fireplace. The bed is comfy, spacious rooms and great heating/cooling. The tiny flat screen TV is laughable, did some one order the wrong size?? Great little pool/hot tub area, small fitness room and pretty good evening and morning buffet, which includes complimentary cocktails. Nicely landscaped with paths that lead to separate multi-unit buildings. No elevators and 2ND story has plenty of steps. A grocery store is across the street and there are plenty of eating choices and other shops within walking distance. By the way, I've stayed at Chase Suites In several other cities and the rooms are identical, which is pretty darn nice when your traveling alone on business. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Arrive early to enjoy the complimentary buffet & cocktail hour. A grocery store is very close, s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Lincoln!