“Stay at Chase Suite Hotel for visit to Madonna Center”

Chase Suite Hotel Lincoln
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Stay at Chase Suite Hotel for visit to Madonna Center”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We chose Chase Suite Hotel due to its close proximity to the Madonna Center where we came to visit my nephew. They gave us a great discount but the regular price is a bargain. We truly enjoyed our stay, it was a little different than your ordinary hotel not the newest hotel but very comfortable and inviting. Enjoyed having space to move around in the room with a fully stocked kitchen/bar and two chairs which was very very clean, couch in living area was nice. It was one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in, spotless! The courtyard area is a joy to walk around in lots of care to landscaping, flowers, trees etc. The pool area was inviting with all the comforts, there are gas grills for cooking in the courtyard (nice touch). Saw people using the basketball area they furnish the basketballs. Very nice breakfast. Comfortable beds (slept like a baby). There are separate units with maybe 4 units in them, private balconies with each unit. You feel like you are in a cottage away from the city. Very relaxing. Would definitely recommend. We would have loved to stay longer. Our customer service was great. Our only problem was key wouldn't work/operator error one time trying to get in with our breakfast plates.

Room Tip: Lower level nice to walk out in courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kathryn h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Minden, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nearly every time we visit Lincoln--and we visit many times a year for UNL sports, to visit friends, to dine, and to catch great music--we stay at Chase Suites.
A main reason is the suite-part--we love the full kitchen (although it's mainly to keep restaurant leftovers in a Real Refridgerator!) and "living room" feel. We do love the Haymarket area, and since Chase is located on 68th and O streets, it's not right next door--but the accommodating Shuttle Chase provides has often been a very convenient conveyance directly to where we need to go, whether it's the Haymarket, or Pioneer Park Pinewood Bowl, or Bob Devaney Center/Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Staff has always been quite professional and helpful. We also save $$ by staying at Chase and not downtown--especially when there is a football game, and the downtown hotels raise their rates.
We have only one suggestion--Softer Beds!

Room Tip: We always try to get a suite where we can view the interior of the lush courtyard/pool area. We liv...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My two sisters and I chose the Chase Suite Hotel Lincoln for its central location between the three of us who live in neighboring states. The front desk staff were efficient, professional, and polite. The service staff at breakfast (Sunday) put out a neat and pleasant breakfast (though their work was competent, they could improve their friendliness). The 2-bedroom loft was spacious, clean, and comfortable; the grounds were well-kept.. We enjoyed our time immensely and were grateful for a nice place to stay. If you are looking for something more than a one-room hotel experience, this is a nice option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The pictures on the website are misleading, don't expect a table and chairs in any of the rooms, for example. It's great to have a full kitchen to prepare meals in the suite that sleeps 6--but nowhere for everyone to sit and eat much less play cards or games. It has a counter with two high counter stools and one desk chair that is too low to use at the counter. We brought to the manager Brandon Proffitt's attention that we expected what was in the picture advertising the suite we reserved--clearly a table and 4 chairs. He was defensive, rude, and would not even provide a corporate e-mail--which was easy to find on my own--or offer to take our concern to the company. The pictures should show what you get and a manager should treat the guests well. Has the potential to be a good place but has to have the people and service to back it up or no thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MP W
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We only stayed one night but the customer service was fabulous. We had to check out before breakfast officially started, but they already had coffee, fruit and muffins out. We mentioned we were there for a surgery and they gave us a discounted price as well. Super great staff. Very clean room. I would 100% recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jerikson, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Lincoln, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the rest of the staff. Please think of us again the next time you're in Lincoln!
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came to Lincoln for a campus visit with my daughter, and didn't expect to do anything but sleep and shower, so I wasn't requiring anything fancy for our one-night stay. Checking in, I mentioned that I would NOT be using the card I reserved the room on, that I would be paying cash instead; the following morning, I repeated my request, and the card was run anyway. Even though it was immediately rerun as a refund, I still incurred several days worth of fees. Very frustrating the following week, but we got it taken care of with a few phone calls. The staff was very nice. The room itself was fine, bigger than I expected, and we slept great. The shower must have been made for tiny people because I could barely get myself under the shower head (and I'm 5'8"). The kitchen was unexpected, and would have been cool if we were staying for a while. Would I stay there again? Yeah, probably.... it was reasonable for my needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with payment; that's not typical for us. I am glad that your visit was good otherwise, and I sincerely hope you consider us again the next time you are in town!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I like to stay at this hotel when a couple of friends and I come up to do the spring Nebraska game and to ride the MoPac Trail every year.

First let's start on what is good: The location is good for us, and we always get the 2 bedroom loft hotels. (Which, BTW is a much bigger then my first apartment out of college). We like the fact that it IS an apartment. We cook, watch TV, and live like it IS an apartment. The wi-fi signal is strong, and the internet speed is very good. (didn't have that in my first apartment in 1995!) We are able to live separate life as friends with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. (I get the king bedroom because I was first to arrive!) The apartment style courtyard area is also nice and up to date... the landscape is very well groomed. In addition, the breakfast and breakfast area also receive high marks from us. I thought the signing the anti-party policy is good... if not for anything other then to remind people that this is NOT their first apartment out of college! :)

So... items for improvement: Let's start with TV's. While the LCD TV is a nice in the living area, it is time to dump the tube type TV's in the bedroom. Hot water. Yes, we, as many other reviewers have noted the lack of hot water, and lack of water pressure in the bathroom faucets.. The buildings are also starting to show their age, as their was unpainted patches in the siding, and the patio areas of the apartments also need redone. The temperature controls were also very suspect. We finally needed to manually control the room as the air conditioning would run past the set point... ice cold, in fact!

Conclusions: The hotel is at a crossroads. A great location, and a nice setting. I really like "former Residence Inn" style of layout of apartments, but it however needs to have some serious updating done to make it more current. 4 stars.

Room Tip: Upper Floors... always like quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback! I agree completely about the few CRT televisions we have left, and we are working hard to get the last of those replaced. Every room does have at least one flat-screen on the wall, however. Also, you may have visited us as we were doing repairs to some of our exterior decking--hence the unpainted patches you saw. I assure you that everything is now finished and absolutely beautiful. Please come back to visit us anytime!