All reviews chase suites full kitchen queen bed free shuttle bit dated extra space nice kitchen pots and pans outdoor pool home away from home social hour shopping and restaurants we've stayed great breakfast lincoln nebraska free breakfast fireplace
Reviewed 13 September 2017

After a Road Trip cross country with the family including Wife, Baby and Dog, let me tell you that Hotels like this are a diamond in the rough. Extra space in the room for the family to stretch out, exterior entrance so that our dog can't hear every footstep in the hallways, and a kitchen to keep the babies milk cold. We were pleasantly surprised when we were able to find a great suite, at a rate comparable to the cookie cutter boxes, every where else in Lincoln.

Stayed: May 2017
Management response:Responded 15 September 2017

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the lovely review, and we hope that we will get to see you and your family again the next time you visit Lincoln.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

You get what you pay for.

The cleanest part of the room was the bed(thankfully). The carpet and sofa was in
dire need of shampooing. We had to wear socks the entire time we were walking
around in there, and by the end of the day, our socks would be nearly black from the
dirt.

Fruit flies were abundant around the kitchenette. It was clean on the surface, but
there had to be some kind of rotted food somewhere. The kitchenette had a stove,
microwave, full refrigerator(with a partially functional ice-maker), coffee maker,
and a sink.

I didn't feel the most secure in there. There are several buildings of either 4 or 8
units each at the hotel, with apparently plenty of transients/long-term renters staying
there. (I noticed one unit had a cable-roller placed on it's side as a table, and a gas
grill on their balcony.) One night, when coming back, I noticed a gap between our
door and the door frame(I could see our lights through it). Upon closer inspection,
I could see at one time, the door was forced open with a pry-bar because the frame
was all chewed up. A steel plate was placed over the latch area which made that
more secure, but the sight of the door being 'chewed-up' and a gap doesn't give
me a warm fuzzy feeling, especially in the winter when the cold air will come through
there.

Customer service: When the desk people greet you, they instantly ask "How may I
exceed your expectations today?" It is only lip-service because my wife was treated
very rudely by the male desk clerk one morning when she asked for extra towels.
(They are very stingy with their towels. You only get 2.) The female desk clerk
instantly went to retrieve extra towels, and in the meantime, the male desk clerk
proceeded to lecture my wife that it's not normal to have more than 2 towels in the
room. My wife responded with "women need at least two towels every morning".
The male desk clerk continued with his lecture, apparently forgetting that the
'customer is always right'. So, I wouldn't say that expectations were exceeded that
day.

In fact, the room came nowhere near meeting or exceeding expectations. Thank
goodness, no more eclipses pass through Lincoln Nebraska!!! I've learned my
lesson and will never opt for a less expensive hotel again.

(I did send a review like this to the hotel chain while we were staying there. I never
received a response.)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but the area is not well lit.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay at our hotel. First I would like to apologize for your not receiving a response when you tried address this early on. We have been in a state of transition recently and it seems this fell through the cracks, but please be assured that we are taking these issues very seriously. However, with this transitional state, we are also very happy to say that we are going to be going through some updating property wide very soon. We will be seeing renovations in every room on property and hope that you will come back to see these exciting changes for yourself, and let us prove that we want you to have the best experience possible when you stay at Cloverleaf Suites. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Several weeks ago I made a pre-paid reservation at this property via a third party. Just 5 days before arrival I received an email saying I was rejected and my reservation was revoked/cancelled. I was actually told the property had overbooked and I was no longer a reservation holder. No apologies, no compensation, and no remorse.
Later that evening my husband told me he had read several stories online 'about hotels in the eclipse path cancelling rooms for lower paying guests so they could overcharge and grossly profit from the eclipse'.
I am totally disappointed and frustrated about this situation!! I had made plans to be in the Lincoln area ahead of others so I could enjoy the eclipse. And then ended up having to pay double what I had originally paid for this property.....
In essence I was evicted by the eclipse!!!

Room Tip: remember a pre-paid reservation is not guaranteed by this property if they have an opportunity to price gouge for gross profiteering!!!
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terre B
Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

We are so very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with our hotel. We would like to sincerely say that we would never have cancelled your reservation based on your rate, and want to extend our deepest apologies if you were ever made to feel that way. Unfortunately new ownership with a business like this often has kinks in the early days that need working out, and the allowed over-bookings in our system during the eclipse is possibly the one of these issues that we most regret. We hope so much that you will give us a second chance to experience everything we have to offer. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I loved having a spacious suite and a full kitchen, as well as the resort-style layout and outdoor pool and other areas. I had thought the interior was simply older and dated, but the more time I spent in the room, the more I realized that it is just simply not clean. The room attendant staff were very nice, and not all of it had to do with the daily cleaning but more that walls and carpets etc. obviously haven't been cleaned in a very long time. The bed was old and saggy. One day, crumbs left over from the previous evening were still there for another day, suggesting that the room had not been vacuumed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DocPamelaY
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My husband and I recently stayed here while in town for a conference in downtown Lincoln. This was in a perfect location, about 12 minutes to the downtown venue by car, and we stayed three nights. We chose Chase Suites because of the on-site laundry facilities (hurrah!) and the suites with full kitchens, as we were looking to save money by cooking our own meals in the evenings.

Our room appeared to have been recently renovated with clean carpets, fresh bedding, and comfortable couch with ottomans. There was a comfortable work chair and desk for completing computer and writing tasks. The bathroom area was large and well-maintained. The kitchen might have been a bit dated in terms of cabinetry (but who cares, really), but it had everything we needed in terms of pots and pans, utensils, plates, etc. We were here three nights and the kitchen was a godsend!

With the full kitchens, I was surprised that the hotel also offered a continental breakfast. This was fantastic, and unlike other hotels, changed slightly each day. There were different meat and egg dishes, different fruit choices, etc. That meant that we didn't feel like we were eating exactly the same meal each day. The staff in the breakfast room kept everything topped up, and the breakfast room itself was a cozy, welcoming space that apparently also played host to the evening receptions, although we never made it to any of those.

We fell in love with Lincoln while we were in the area, and if we come again, we will definitely consider a return to Chase Suites. The rates were reasonable (for all that was included), they accepted our auto club discount, and because they also allow dogs, we might be able to bring our pup next time. The hotel was set among mature trees which provided shade and cover from rain and a sense of privacy from other guests. It was located along a main street with plenty of shopping and restaurants around--we visited the HyVee grocery for our supplies while there!

Thank you for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business